2.4.0 out now

• I haven't compared directly to older FW, so we are trusting my memory on this one, but they did something awesome with the low/high shift. I think 'character' wasn't modified.
    With older FW I used the cab shifts to slightly 'combo-ize' certain amps. It didn't work the other way - always sounded like something was phasey in the high-mids and the lows would disappear.

I'm not sure what they did - the range of the parameter seems much smaller, but it also seems the mids-region is untouched now, letting you keep the core sound of the profile, while still doing what it's meant to do.
    I just 'corrected' one of nakedzen's old Mako Dorado to sound as 'big' as something off of Lasse Lammert's pack, and it works beautifully.

"But dignity is difficult to maintain
    stamina requires constant upkeep
    repetition is boring
    and you pay for grace."

• I haven't compared directly to older FW, so we are trusting my memory on this one, but they did something awesome with the low/high shift. I think 'character' wasn't modified.
    With older FW I used the cab shifts to slightly 'combo-ize' certain amps. It didn't work the other way - always sounded like something was phasey in the high-mids and the lows would disappear.

I'm not sure what they did - the range of the parameter seems much smaller, but it also seems the mids-region is untouched now, letting you keep the core sound of the profile, while still doing what it's meant to do.
    I just 'corrected' one of nakedzen's old Mako Dorado to sound as 'big' as something off of Lasse Lammert's pack, and it works beautifully.

Almost all my higher gain profiles have the high shift set to -0.1, does this mean I'll have to adjust them to a higher value in order to obtain the same effect?

• Cab parameters seams to be more useful now.

Yes, it would be great to get some more information about the changes - especially needed for some guys who use this a lot.

I am glad all my profiles are raw = without changes on the advanced parameters.

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

Great Profiles --> soundside.de

• I've been waiting for the Cabs controls being more moderate and useable since the beginning. I'm very happy they changed it, extreme settings were basically useless IMO.

Interestingly enough, this is one of those updates which may actually make profiles sound different, if those parameters have been modified by users.
    I'm happy they have changed the way it worked tho :)

• Don't forget the new "Instrument" tag. I think more tags will help tighten the link between profiles on the Kemper and on the rig exchange through more categorical sorting and rating.

A lot of the tag implementation - while awesome - isn't working.

For example, i thought the new labeling as 'amp brand' and 'amp model' are awesome, but there are ~4200 rigs out there and many of them are tagged wrong.
    Furthermore, the tooltips suggest that 'amp name' as it shows on the profiler is automatically populated by amp brand and model, but i couldn't get it to update.

It's great for new rigs, but it would make any complex sorting irrelevant without agreeing to lose most of the 4200 rigs.

repetition is boring
    and you pay for grace."

• I'm glad I can sort the very meaningful and spot on rating column.

Ok, I'll stop being an asshole.

TAGGING:
    When it comes to tagging, if everyone isn't on the same protocol page, it's a bit messy. Filtering for "Marshall" is like looking for a needle in a pile of hog shit.

But that's not Kemper's fault for making available something the USERS don't agree on.

So why doesn't some very ORDER-MINDED person here start a thread of naming protocols and ask people to follow them?

RATINGS:
    I like how URBAN SPOON does ratings: You don't give a number, you give a Thumbs-Up or Thumbs-Down and then it shows how many voters and the percentage of Thumbs-Up.

If out of 200 people, a profile got 90% you bet it's gonna be amazing to most people. You get ONE profile at 100%, you know it's too early to tell just looking at it. With thousands and thousands of profiles, this is a MUCH BETTER rating system by far than a star system.

I've only randomly liked restaurants that got good YELP ratings but I OFTEN like +90% Thumbs-Up ratings off of Urban Spoon. Great concept, and more scientific. We all have different standard of what constitutes a 3 or 4 of 5, but a simple "I Like It" is actually more meaningful over large numbers.

• ^Agreed, but how about a wiki-style update for the RE?
    It will take some web implementation so i'm skeptical we'll see it anytime soon, but here goes;

Allow users to update the tags on rigs from the rig exchange. Changes are uploaded as a temporary file and consecutive updates are appended, but nothing shows up publicly.
    Our changes pop up for the user who uploaded the rigs when he goes online. If he confirms them, they're updated.
    This way, rigs will be sorted, uploaders wouldn't have to work overtime and unused rigs will remain unsorted.
    Everybody wins.

EDIT: also, this way we can cut it out with the fan=Fender, brit=Marshall crap.

repetition is boring
    and you pay for grace."