Biggest Problems I've Had In MY Life After Buying A Kemper

• Biggest Problems I've Had In MY Life After Buying A Kemper:

1) It doesn't weigh as much as an amp. The "congenital anomaly" my doctors swore I had with my back bones since birth has just got better and went away entirely. Hmmmm.

2) I'm not buying a few amps a year and a pedal a month. Because of this, we have more money in the bank. My wife is wondering where all this money went to in the past. I have some explaining to do.

3) Since I don't need pedals, and some of them are a PIA to sell (who really is gonna pay gas to buy a DOD yellow pedal?) I've been giving a bunch of them away to friends kids who can't afford pedals. My family now thinks I'm in the pre-suicidal stage, where you give away all your material possessions.

4) I disappear in my studio for hours playing quietly in headphones. My wife, not hearing the guitar amp anymore, is wondering what I'm doing in there all the time. I think she thinks I'm a pervert.

5) My friends come over and wonder where I got the "Star Trek prop", and where the hell are the amps?!? It made me realize I should have bought a Star Trek prop a looong time ago, because people actually think it's cool. How many years have I missed being the center of attention because I lacked such a key studio item?

In short I'm, in reality and perception: a healthy, rich, suicidal, perverted trekkie. Gee, thanks Kemper!

Edited once, last by db9091 ().

• Until now, my life was a revolving door of amps and effects. Since I bought my KPA, several things have happened:

1) I no longer spend hours on the web looking for gear.
    2) I no longer lust for gear I don't have
    3) I recently discovered that I live with a beautiful woman and have apparently done so for 30 Years.
    4) I just noticed that I have 3 kids and have already paid for 2 College educations. (What a relief)
    5) I found 10 strange looking things in my house that I'm told are guitars. Pretty Cool!
    6) And most important: I no longer need to visit TGP, eBay or Paypal!!!!!!

• #2 is especially fun to imagine :D . Great post!

• Nice post!

• db9091

Sorry, but i think there is no cure and no solution for those problems.

Sad but true ... try to live with it ! You are not alone out there !

all the best wishes ...

• I bought more guitars and amps after I got the Kemper.

Someone has to create the profiles :D

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

Great Profiles --> soundside.de

• LMFAO here. It does definately stop the GAS, which for me is one the biggest beneficial side-effects of KPA ownership.

And I get to actually PLAY the guitar more, rather than lookng at web pages.

• Funny. :D

But you think it'll stop gas? It'll be back, in just some other form. "Hmm, I'd like to have another pair of studio monitors just for reference purposes. How much were those NS10's on ebay again? Man that ribbon mic is only $100 and gets rave reviews. Some new mic preamps would be nice, and drum mics." And so on... :D

• Funny. :D

But you think it'll stop gas? It'll be back, in just some other form. "Hmm, I'd like to have another pair of studio monitors just for reference purposes. How much were those NS10's on ebay again? Man that ribbon mic is only $100 and gets rave reviews. Some new mic preamps would be nice, and drum mics." And so on... :D

Yeah you are abosultely right, the GAS is not on electric guitar anymore, but now I have GAS for a Taylor BigBaby for instance, or active PA speakers, things I was not really into before Kemper...

• LOL :D
    Same problems here... except for the money in my bank account because I bought two new guitars... ;(

This is my exact problem as well. I said I would never have more than 4 guitars. I'm now at 5 and looking at Number 6 in the very near future.....all because I stopped buying amps and pedals.

:evil: