UPDATE - Stratocaster problem ( Stratitus) made the Kemper sound raspy with distortion when Gain was used. Guitar returned to Sweetwater

• Heres a little lesson you might benefit from. When you "assume" you can make an ass of yourself. Case and point. I intend to use the Axe with the Strat if I get no issues like I did with the Kemper. Because so far I havent had any Support input to help me rectify the situation. AND I plan to continue to use the Kemper with my Les Paul, Soloist and Esoterik. There now, dont you feel a little silly making the assumption that I gave up on the Kemper :D

Lol..... an ass of myself? I suggest you re-read some of your posts in this thread.

Blaming the KPA because your guitar sounds "bad" with it. Brilliant....

You haven't even acknowledged or tried several good suggestions in this thread. Just buy an Axe and be done with it? Ok.... man lol...

You sir have managed to make yourself a clown here within a couple of hours. Don't expect to get ANY more help in the future. Haven't seen such an amount of unwillingness to help troubleshoot. All this bla bla similar to "oh I'll get a new car because my dim lights are broken" .. wow man, go for it, best of luck.

Let me quote the three best words you've posted in this long thread:

Quote from lasvideo

Case and point

• Although I have other guitars and I love Telecasters, I consider myself a strat player and my KPA makes my strat shine from cleans to fuzz.

I have/had good tube amps too (Cornford, MPF and a FUCHS Overdrive Supreme) and the KPA works with my strat just like the real amps. In fact I get more satisfaction using the KPA with single coils than humbuckers.

You need a good guitar setup and learn how to use a Strat with different amps.

There are many good suggestions in this thread that you cannot try because it's your birthday, you are sleepy or it's the wrong lunar phase. Find a good moment and try them. I'm sure they will help you. I'll offer you one more. I can send you a dry track of my strat so you can reamp it through those profiles and check if the problem is the guitar or the KPA.

Ciao!

Edited 5 times, last by pacocito ().

• You sir have managed to make yourself a clown here within a couple of hours. Don't expect to get ANY more help in the future. Haven't seen such an amount of unwillingness to help troubleshoot. All this bla bla similar to "oh I'll get a new car because my dim lights are broken" .. wow man, go for it, best of luck.

[Blocked Image: http://www.brickwall.pl/gify/oooouuuu.jpg]

Stay Metal! :thumbup:

• You sir have managed to make yourself a clown here within a couple of hours. Don't expect to get ANY more help in the future. Haven't seen such an amount of unwillingness to help troubleshoot. All this bla bla similar to "oh I'll get a new car because my dim lights are broken" .. wow man, go for it, best of luck.

Coming from a douchbag such as yourself, that really has little meaning to me.

• I will address all these wonderful suggestions from users AFTER I hear and get input from Kemper Tech Support. I think a methodical focused approach in solving this problem is more effective . If folks dont like the way I chose to address this issue, TOUGH! :)

• I will address all these wonderful suggestions from users AFTER I hear and get input from Kemper Tech Support. I think a methodical focused approach in solving this problem is more effective . If folks dont like the way I chose to address this issue, TOUGH! :)

It's a good approach but not coherent with opening a thread in the "Profiler related issues and trouble shooting help" subforum, from my point of view.

• The way this went down is ridiculous.

The bright spot: This community still has it all - very well thought ideas for trouble shooting and many offerings to assist.
    Great job people!

90% of the game is half-mental.

• I'm just interested to hear how the OP gets on with the Axe FX. If he ends up with both the axe and kemper, and that works for him, then that's fine by me. Would still be curious to see if there's a solution to the sound issue in the meantime.

You're damned if you do and damned if you don't

• lasvideo - I think the issue some people are having with you is that you started this thread to complain about an issue and look for a solution and we offered a number of things you can look at and try while you're waiting to hear back from Kemper. There's no reason you can't keep investigating the problem while you wait - if you're lucky, one of the suggestions we've offered might do the trick. If not, you'll still have a better idea of where the problem is simply because you have a longer list of things that didn't work.

• First of all I do appreciate all the suggestions. But in the end I decide what is the appropriate actions to take. In a conversation with a Kemper person they suggested I wait to hear from them and then do what they suggest. Its a more focused scientific approach the then shot gun method of trying various random ways of trouble shooting it. I respect their skills and honored their request ( and tried to ignore some nasty childish comments when I didnt do what folks suggested I do).

As it turns out the problem , as many of you suggested, was with the guitar. No one (from Fender to a local luthier) could identify why it sounded bad in BOTH the Kemper and the Axe FX, but it did. Thank goodness Sweetwater allowed me to return it. Its UPSs problem now :)

I will be keeping both the Kemper and the Axe. I will miss the Strat. And I continue to appreciate the generally helpful spirit of the users at this site.

Edited once, last by lasvideo ().

• I might jump in a bit late.
    The audio file definetely sounds a bit weird. But it does not give any deeper hints what went wrong.
    You only played single notes, while chords or power chords would give a much deeper insight into the sound of the distortion.
    We didn't have the chance to hear your guitar without distortion, by just rolling down the amp gain a bit.

• If the only intention was to get a recommendation from a Kemper tech a private message/email would have been the appropriate course of action.

Yeah, well my intention was to vent some of my frustration and possibly get some idea of how I wanted to trouble shoot this thing.

Time to move on folks. The Strat has gone and this tune has ended ;)