Which Profiles for Clean Sounds?

• Hi Guys

Yes,I am still dithering about getting a Kemper.

I have heard that the Kemper struggles with Clean stuff,and
    I would appreciate it if Clean Profile users could comment.

That said,which Profiles would be best for clean.
    I would love to try the Morgan.

Thanks

Alan

• Wondering who spreads such BS... LOL

There are litterally tons of clean profiles available, both free and commercial.
    Each of them might be suitable for a specific use, depending on your gear and the tune(s).

If the fear of not being able to get good cleans is preventing you from getting a Profiler, feel free to buy... two of them LOL

Furthermore, if you buy online you'll have a consistent return window and will be able to check the cleans as long as you need. If you visit a store, OTOH...

:)

PS: I'm a cleans whore. I've never liked software or hardware modellers because they can't produce good cleans as I get from my Lonestar Special and my Dragoon 2x12 IMO.
    Since I've got the Profiler I've never switched it on any more. 4500 € worth hardware just used to decorate an empty wall in my living room LOL

Mesa-Boogie and cab anyone? :D

• Yes there are tons of clean fenders, marshalls & boutique amp on the rig exchange.

Some of my favorites : TAF tiny feet (freeby ) - Fryette - TL Bassman SPARKLE - HARLY EL84 10:00

Lots of crunch profiles turn out very well while lowering the gain.

• Some of the rare vintage Dynacord cleans are amazing too, just as good as the blackface sounds.
    Just too many to choose from. Voxes, fender, boutique.....
    Joptunes old Coppertop is absolutely stunning with my old Tele.

• The best clean sounds I have heard from a molder / profiler is Kemper. I own an AXE FX II XL (which I like a lot) and had to spend more time dialing in a clean sound that was very close to the Kemper (69 Deluxe). The Kemper profile was awesome without tweaking. Just depends on the profile and preset.

• I really find it laughable that people say there are few good clean files and there are few good high gain sounds. I'm struggling to determine which rigs I wanna get rid of to free up space on my Kemper. Problem is, it's hard to figure out which clean and high gain profiles I love the best. I'm at 625 rigs right now trying to get at or under 100. There are soooooo many good tones of all flavors! After all, this does exactly what it claims to, and that's take a virtually identical snapshot of an amp tone and feel. If the tone is bad it's because it was either a less than desirable amp setting or poorly profiled.

Can't stress enough ater a year of owning this unit that I'm still blown away. Don't recall ever having that same feeling for any other piece of gear before and I have been through way too many to count.

• Thanks to everyone for the comments.

I find your enthusiasm very infectious and one day I hope to
    announce I have ordered my own Kemper.

Alan

• No doubt that Kemper is just shining in the clean tones department .

But there is one thing more (everyone here know about that, they just forgot to mention it ) .

Some of the best clean tones one can get is to start from crunch, brownish rigs and just roll the Kemper (and Guitar) Gain down - these are the best cleans if you ask me .
    Just dangerously good , having that latent energy of gain inside bells like cleans , if you roll your guitar volume pot down as well.

But, because this is about Kemper, there is one thing more over that first more thing :P

Some of the High Gain profiles/rigs could produce fantastic cleans, just do that again- roll down the Gain .

One of the first who introduced it is Erik Stam , and his fantastic Legacy profiles (free profiles to be specific)
    On that way , organic nature of Kemper sound is rounded up 100% - one profile for two rigs -both Clean and HG , just play with the gain .

Where else on the World one can find such a freaking device doing such a nice things ???

There is only one place with plenty of such a devices : some nice real amp store :P 8o :thumbup:

1988 Branko Radulovic Hand Made Strat in Macedonia (SFRJ)

2006 Steve Vai vwh moded with SS frets and Sustainac 2006 (Japan)

2008 Fender YJM , moded (USA)

2010 Tom Andersons Drop Top 2010 (made in California)

2017 Charvel GG sig Caramelised Ash (USA)

2022 Gibson ES 335 2011 Custom Shop Cherry of course ( Memphis)

Edited 3 times, last by Rescator ().