Fx loop parallel routing?

• Hi all,

Thinking of finally pulling the trigger on a kemper to solve the mess of all my fx pedals and sansamp. I was wondering if it is possible to make the fx loop paralell and 'mix' in as much of the external effect with the kemper signal as desired?

For example I have a reverb that is a bit of a tone sucker, so rather than route the entire kemper signal through it in the loop I would like to preserve the dry signal and mix in a little.

Thanks
    Mark

• Sorry Ingolf, but what's the Mix parameter for in the Loop stomps, then? I'm i wrong in thinking that it mixes the "dry" signal with what's coming in on the return, measured as a wet/dry percentage? It's sure what it looks like, at least!

Cheers,
    Sam

• Ooops! I'd not noticed that :whistling:
    Yes, that's a way to implement a parallel effect. Now someone from Mothership should just tell us which way the Wet parameter works in the Loop stomp, since it's implemented differently on a per-kind basis :D

• Ooops! I'd not noticed that :whistling:
    Yes, that's a way to implement a parallel effect. Now someone from Mothership should just tell us which way the Wet parameter works in the Loop stomp, since it's implemented differently on a per-kind basis :D

It is implemented in the way the OP requests it :)

Great :)

This is not trivial, since the Loop is the way to use a parallel external effect. I believe it's worth adding this specifically to the description of the Loop parameters in the manual, it would make several people happy I guess.
    I was wrong in my previous post because I've not yet used the Loop, and the manual doesn't describe it 8o

:)

• Yes, I stand corrected and I'm sorry for the wrong information I gave in my first post.
    In fact I used the loop as parallel (with mix parameter < 100%) only last week with an external device.
    Which is exactly what the OP wants to do with that reverb.
    I need some holidays.... ;)

• No problem. I know that the kemper internal delay and reverb are routed in paralell. Is it possible to route the kemper internal delay in paralell with an external reverb ( the mod verb I have)? From looking at the way the fx blocks are fixed for delay and verb it does not seem like is is possible?

• No problem. I know that the kemper internal delay and reverb are routed in paralell. Is it possible to route the kemper internal delay in paralell with an external reverb ( the mod verb I have)? From looking at the way the fx blocks are fixed for delay and verb it does not seem like is is possible?

Yeah, of THIS I'm quite sure is not possible, because the loop will always be (serially, physically) before delay and reverb which have the parallel routing possibility. ;)

• Yes, I stand corrected and I'm sorry for the wrong information I gave in my first post.
    In fact I used the loop as parallel (with mix parameter < 100%) only last week with an external device.
    Which is exactly what the OP wants to do with that reverb.
    I need some holidays.... ;)

Great :)

This is not trivial, since the Loop is the way to use a parallel external effect. I believe it's worth adding this specifically to the description of the Loop parameters in the manual, it would make several people happy I guess.
    I was wrong in my previous post because I've not yet used the Loop, and the manual doesn't describe it 8o

:)

It is true that the mix control is not mentioned in the loop chapter. We had decided that we describe mutual or generic parameters - such as Mix, Stereo, Volume - only once instead of 17 times or so with every effect, like other companies do.
    However, this can lead to be overlooked. We will change this chapter.

• This is an interesting bit of information and I'm glad to hear this works this way. But what about the setting for a "Distortion Loop", Mr CK? Is this also in parallel? I understand it would make sense for a delay or reverb, or some modulation FX, but what about distortion? Do you see any scope for choosing a "serial" and "parallel" mode for the loop in future?

• The only difference between the standard and the distortion loops is in the way signal level is managed across the slot. You'll find the whole explanation in the manual.
    As for serial/parallel, if the mix is set @ 100% the external device will work as put in series, if set to 50% as in parallel mode.

HTH

• Yeah, of THIS I'm quite sure is not possible, because the loop will always be (serially, physically) before delay and reverb which have the parallel routing possibility. ;)

Assuming the OP isn't already using all of his outputs, what about:

Monitor Out (post stack, or mod, whatever the options are) --> External reverb --> Aux In (set it up just like jamming with an mp3 player)

• Can I return the G force effected signal AFTER kemper's Delay/Reverb, and mix that G-Force signal together with a separate signal that has the kemper delay/reverb effected symbol (but no G-Force loop)? The suggestion to use the monitor output to accomplish such a thing negates your ability to toggle the loop in the Rig, which is a must for me. Also, I need the monitor out. The suggestion to use the Loop Mix soft control doesn't clarify if doing so mixes the loop signal into the end of the signal chain (after all effects) or if it mixes that signal with the signal that then feeds into kemper delay/reverb. Any help here? Thanks!