M Britt Kemper Profiles

• So we're (Lonestar) up near Boston today for an acoustic show for a radio station today and this is the first time I've gotten to actually try out the new acoustic preamp profiles from the BoC pack in a live environment since I made them. In the past, I've used an Avalon preamp profile I got from the RE and it still works, but today I tried the ADA MP1 and the Taylor K4 profiles and let our foh soundman a/b/c them and he picked the Taylor K4 and I have to say, it sounded good in the JBL powered speaker I was using to monitor the Kemper. It had a bit more warmth than the Avalon and with a few eq tweaks I feel like I got my Anderson Crowdster acoustic sounding better than ever. I was just wondering if anyone else who got the BoC pack was using any of the acoustic pre's yet?

This weekend i'm doing all acoustic shows. I'll let you know how i go with the Acoustic Profiles!

• Did some noodling with my G&L ASAT Classic and the Fried A-Hole profiles! LOVE THEM!!!

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• That was a single coil Tele type guitar? ..Whoa! sounded FAT......great man
    seeing the old skool metal coming out tee hee :D

Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.

• I won't take away the praise from Mike, but G&L makes in my opinion some of the best sounding guitars on the planet for what it's worth. I have a 1987 ASAT special with big MFD pickups, like a p90 on steroids. There hasn't been one person who picks up that guitar and is not completely blown away, the neck pickup alone is worth the price I paid to me personally. It's the only guitar I own that everytime I pull it out people legit stop and ask me about it, and often try and buy it off of me. Love it, Leo knew what he was doing with those guitars.

• That was a single coil Tele type guitar? ..Whoa! sounded FAT......great man
    seeing the old skool metal coming out tee hee :D

Ash

Yup! Single coil (G&L MFD) in the bridge and Duncan Seth Lover in the neck. Sounded BRILLIANT at rehearsal last night through the SPlawn Cab and Power Station.

I won't take away the praise from Mike, but G&L makes in my opinion some of the best sounding guitars on the planet for what it's worth. I have a 1987 ASAT special with big MFD pickups, like a p90 on steroids. There hasn't been one person who picks up that guitar and is not completely blown away, the neck pickup alone is worth the price I paid to me personally. It's the only guitar I own that everytime I pull it out people legit stop and ask me about it, and often try and buy it off of me. Love it, Leo knew what he was doing with those guitars.

Yeah this is the first "tele" type I have owned/played. My wife got it for me for my birthday last year and has been my go-to for many gigs.

• Hey guys,
    We were doing some album promo at my house the other day and our drummer/video guy Keech asked if I wanted to shoot anything else while he was set up and I asked if he could shoot a quick little vid showing a Kemper tone for one of the solos. Check it out:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

This sounds rippin'. Would love to hear how you built the slightly velcro'ing fuzzy tone. Seems there's more than single fuzz+octave to it?

• I made a quick skit last night using an acapella track the singer from my old band had recorded some time back; the music is not particularly original and the drums are from Logic's Drummer, albeit slightly edited. All guitars are my new Custom Shop Strat on the bridge. Absolutely no post processing apart from some compression, tape emulation and limiting on the master buss. Profiles used were from the Colonial pack, Colonial 2 4 and Colonial 4 9. Bass is from Guido's SVT. The mix is probably terrible, as it's all been done in headphones ;) The profiles seems to fit without any EQ etc.

(link removed, as I'm updating it)

• Cool! Not that crazy for the drums, but like the song alot

Yeah, drums were a rush job out of laziness. Normally I'd program them myself, but I was too tired last night and reckoned I'd probably not get the idea down if I started out spending time on them ;)
    Not had much time for anything recently.

• Here's a quick skit I made last night using an acapella track the singer from my old band had recorded some time back; the music is not particularly original and the drums are from Logic's Drummer, albeit slightly edited. All guitars are my new Custom Shop Strat on the bridge. Absolutely no post processing apart from some compression, tape emulation and limiting on the master buss. Profiles used were from the Colonial pack, Colonial 2 4 and Colonial 4 9. Bass is from Guido's SVT. The mix is probably terrible, as it's all been done in headphones ;)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ng2p…2/DJ_Vs_Up_Mk_II.mp3?dl=0

Hey Sam, cool! There's a little bit of Joe Perry in you! ;) One for your gas..........
    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/9wIugXN.jpg]

cheers
    Frank

• This sounds rippin'. Would love to hear how you built the slightly velcro'ing fuzzy tone. Seems there's more than single fuzz+octave to it?

I'll look up the settings tomorrow and let you know how I got it. I'm about to head to a gig now and don't have my Kemper in front of me. Thanks!

• Sounds great Michael. So I have to ask. Is that your "music space" at home? Do you track and also make your profiles there as well? I only ask because I am building a new house and an telling myself I need a very extravagant work space to record in.

My "financial advisor" vehemently disagrees with me! LOL! If she finds out I don't NEED a $1500 recording desk I'm sunk!

• [Blocked Image: http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c205/lonegtr/Mobile%20Uploads/BF2546E1-0C8B-4DA4-AA5C-2EFF346C0D8B_zps1rvfkfvu.jpg]

[Blocked Image: http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c205/lonegtr/Mobile%20Uploads/6B663FDF-4CB7-4665-A76B-8AC8C938253F_zps7nchcq5k.jpg]

[Blocked Image: http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c205/lonegtr/Mobile%20Uploads/74739D0E-1B69-47FB-96AE-22046223A801_zpsn2zlybqy.jpg]

[Blocked Image: http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c205/lonegtr/Mobile%20Uploads/99C79B24-8ECD-4A79-8B04-2D56E47FEE89_zpscy6phzhj.jpg]

I can't recall the original Mesa Lonestar rig I started with but the gain was around 4. Most of the gain in the rig comes from the fuzz. There's really not much on it in the way of fx, just a little pure booster, fuzz, analog octave and a little delay and reverb.

As far as the desk goes, that's my home office where I pay my bills and do editing and such. I don't do much profiling at home, but I have every once in a while with my speaker cabinet in the closet beneath the stairs. I don't have an elaborate studio setup or anything, just an inexpensive Ikea desk and M-Audio studio monitors. I do most of my editing/profiling/tweaking with my Ultimate Ears UE7 molds. I did record all of the solos on our new CD at home and it's crazy how low-rent my system is and how it ended up sounding on the CD. I'm a fan of "less is more".

• hey Mike,
    just bought the 69 marshall & colonial packs, my first commercial profiles. they are perfect for classic & vintage rock tones and some heavier stuff too. thanks much.
    what would you recommend for some hot southern rock / texas blues with my HB Les Paul?
    cheers