M Britt Kemper Profiles

• Hmmm. I guess I need to break down and buy some Britt profiles and see why all the fuss.. It seems many of you have bought all 4 packs. So, if you were new to these profiles And could only have one. Which one would it be and why ? I'm a modern worship artist with roots in classic and 80s rock. If I had to label myself I would call me vintage modern..lol..

What kind of amps do you normally prefer to play through?

• Hmmm. I guess I need to break down and buy some Britt profiles and see why all the fuss.. It seems many of you have bought all 4 packs. So, if you were new to these profiles And could only have one. Which one would it be and why ? I'm a modern worship artist with roots in classic and 80s rock. If I had to label myself I would call me vintage modern..lol..

I play in a classic rock band and for what it's worth, the '79 Marshall JMP from pack 2 and the Brit Audio JTM45 from pack 3 are my main "go to" sounds. The caveat being that I don't have the two new packs yet......but I will. These profiles are like Pokémon. Gotta catch 'em all.

• I still find myself using a lot of pack 1 profiles, like XITS, and the 3P profiles. These work really well for me in a worship setting.

i would listen to the audio samples and see which pack jumps out at you. There isn't a bad choice, and each pack covers a lot of ground.

sean

• I play in a classic rock band and for what it's worth, the '79 Marshall JMP from pack 2 and the Brit Audio JTM45 from pack 3 are my main "go to" sounds. The caveat being that I don't have the two new packs yet......but I will. These profiles are like Pokémon. Gotta catch 'em all.

The Bletchley profiles in pack 1 are fantastic through a guitar cab and power amp. I used them recently at a gig doing lots of classic rock ala Edgar Winter, Cream and even Styx and Journey.

• The new packs did it again, no matter how much time have reserved for smoketesting..end up running it out in the middle of pack after getting constantly caught playing the profiles longer times. The funfactor is Huge. :thumbup:

Actually first time I found the champs appeal to me big time. Also the Deluxe is sweat. Other favorites among Vintage are Marshall, Vox and then the Convertible which came as a surprise as I didn't know it before. From Moderns personal favs are Helios, Dirty Shirley (lo ones) and Quidley. Although the Suhr Hedgehog was nice, it had somewhat different kind of OD character than I expected. Based on the demos I was expecting this somewhat fuzzed up kind of character in the tone (like in this demo https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDnqcpKCx-0), but didn't hear such from the profiles even they were really gained up. Wonder is it me, the profiled amp or settings or is it perhaps Kemper (some limitation in it)?

I'm also always seeking some nice pedal platform profiles (on-the-edge type) for some external fuzz boxes and treble boosters and the Selmer and Marshall are defo going to get some more attention in this area as they seem rather promising.

• What kind of amps do you normally prefer to play through?[/quote]
    my go to atm is matchless hc 30 from taf almost voxy clean to nicely driven with my lp style guitar. My previous amp is an orange th30 combo. Thanks for all the input so far... Keep it coming

• @tntent - I have Pack 1, 2, 3, and Modern. For praise & worship, I tend to use the Vox AC30 and Marshall SL100 in Pack 2. I've tried the Matchless profiles in Pack 1, but for some reason didn't like the sound as much as the British Vox AC30. I'm still playing around with Pack 3 and Modern, but a lot of the profiles can be used.

• I've been using the 3P Blackface, Vox & 15 for cleans. Two BA JTM45 profiles for medium crunch. Depending on the gtr I'm using I use the Quidley instead of the BA JTM's. For big solo's I lean towards the PRS Soldano and the Helios. There are so many options it's a lot of fun to build new rigs and try them out on the gigs. Having a ton of fun with these!

My name is Chris & I'm a guitar-a-holic!

• Hi,

Once again I was so inspired by Mike's Dumble ODS profiles that I wrote another song. Once again a "happy" tune with the gain controlled by the volume on the guitar (Collings City Limits) and a volume pedal.

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

So, hat's off to Mike for the continued inspiration.

Cheers,

Mats N

• Reminds me of playing through Sonic Adventure on Dreamcast! :)
    Thanks, Mats!

• I have the Mbritt Pack 2. They all sound good, but to me some of the amps don't sound as I would expect because they all use the same cab. Do all of you who like the Profiles very much always play through a real guitar cab or do you use other cabs of the Kemper. Why are the Combo Amps not profiled with their built in speakers? (VOX AC30, Fender Deluxe, ....). Maybe it is better to use other profiles if I want the whole signal chain from Input to miced cab? Or am I missing something?

Your thoughts?

Thanks.

• Why are the Combo Amps not profiled with their built in speakers?

I think MBritt explained this earlier in the thread. IIRC, it's to do with him knowing the particular cab he profiles with very well (it was custom-made for him to his specs) and is a part of his sound. The profiles he sells were initially created for his own personal use, but just happened to strike a harmonious chord with a large portion of the Kemper community, so I guess he's thinking, why change a winning team...?

• Yeah, the primary reason is so I could switch amp sounds without that pesky aural vertigo from switching to totally different speaker/eq curves. There are guys that do a really great job of capturing amps with different cabs with different mic combinations. Plus, I'm kinda picky about how I want things to sound and I just really like the sound of my 3P cabs. I have a 212 and a 112 and they both have a CL80 and that speaker doesn't impart a lot of speaker tone. Some cabs/speakers sound so much like themselves that it kinda doesn't matter what you run into them, everything just sounds like the cabinet. To me, the 3P's do a good job of showing what the amp sounds like. There are guys that specialize in doing the full combo and such and they'd probably be better if you want that whole package tone (i.e. Vox AC30 through blues). Every now and then I'll mic the combo speaker, but as a rule I usually use the 3P speakers. It's just my personal preference and I do like that I can switch amps/rigs and they don't send my ears twisting to catch up.

• Yeah, the primary reason is so I could switch amp sounds without that pesky aural vertigo from switching to totally different speaker/eq curves. Plus, there are guys that do a really great job of capturing amps with different cabs with different mic combinations. Plus, I'm kinda picky about how I want things to sound and I just really like the sound of my 3P cabs. I have a 212 and a 112 and they both have a CL80 and that speaker doesn't impart a lot of speaker tone. Some cabs/speakers sound so much like themselves that it kinda doesn't matter what you run into them, everything just sounds like the cabinet. To me, the 3P's do a good job of showing what the amp sounds like. There are guys that specialize in doing the full combo and such and they'd probably be better if you want that whole package tone (i.e. Vox AC30 through blues). Every now and then I'll mic the combo speaker, but as a rule I usually use the 3P speakers. It's just my personal preference and I do like that I can switch amps/rigs and they don't send my ears twisting to catch up.

Very good reasoning Michael.
    I find when auditioning rigs that vary wildly is hard to keep perspective.
    Your ears can be biased one way then the next moment another.
    Your profiles are all very consistent.
    The latest two bundles I believe are your best to date and I have them all.
    They do well when matching to other cabinets notably my own Seymour Duncan Convertible with a Warehouse G12C speaker.
    It's comparable to the Jensen C12n, I like a lot of twang.
    I bought the amp when it first came out 1980.
    I have completely recapped it and it sounds incredible.
    Someday soon I'll post the profiles.
    Thanks, EC

• Awesome. Actually reminded me of "Make Believe" era Toto for some reason.

• I got Pack 1 about 2 weeks ago and I immediately replaced other profiles for my live tones. Using the 3P Klon & Matchbox so far. Trying to decide between Pack 2 & 3 or Modern atm, I play a large variety of covers but I lean towards making them always a little heavier than the originals. Michael please get your hands on a Friedman Steve Stevens and profile soon! :)