M Britt Kemper Profiles

• I just bought the Crunchy pack. It's great again. I have a question @MBritt.

New Liquid profiling feature is coming. Which tone stack do you recommend for the amplifiers in this pack?

Thank you

watch the Kemper tutorials and you will get your answer

Guitar: Fender Strat HSS<3 Schecter Custom Solo II

Signal Chain: Kemper->AxeFX 3>Neural QC>Apollo Twin->M-Audio Monitors

Computer:Mac Studio

• I just bought the Crunchy pack. It's great again. I have a question @MBritt.

New Liquid profiling feature is coming. Which tone stack do you recommend for the amplifiers in this pack?

Thank you

Sarcasm aside, we aren't really sure what all will be included in the release, so I am not sure that Michael will be able to really answer you. We know that they tested a version that had some the stacks in it, but we don't know if that is all we will get on the first run. At 3:20 of the video attached, you will see a list of what they got to play with. Will there be more at release? Nobody knows at this point other than Kemper and we will know once it hits beta.

I already asked Micheal if he planned on releasing his notes on gain levels for packs and it sounded like he has already digit zed it. He may release the information, but he really isn't obligated to do it. He is a pretty cool dude (buttering him up) and a huge Kemper supporter, so I suspect we will see what he has so that we can elevate some profiles to liquid.

• Quick question, what do the "MB" profiles mean on some of the newer packs? I didn't see anything in the documentation or discussions. Thanks!

Usually it indicates an edit that I just did for myself, such as one of the 79 Twin rigs with the screamer stomp on. I wanted to save it that way because I was comparing it to a gained up rig and didn't want to have to keep turning on the screamer stomp over and over. Other than that I would have to look at the rig and figure it out. Usually it's just an edited version I was happy with.

I just bought the Crunchy pack. It's great again. I have a question @MBritt.

Thank you

It just depends on what the amp is and if there is a matching amp model. I may still use the generic stack for Marshall type amps because I feel it gives me more flexibility in tone shaping but I'm not sure yet. I haven't been brave enough to convert my on-stage Kempers to Liquid Profiling firmware yet.

• Usually it indicates an edit that I just did for myself, such as one of the 79 Twin rigs with the screamer stomp on. I wanted to save it that way because I was comparing it to a gained up rig and didn't want to have to keep turning on the screamer stomp over and over. Other than that I would have to look at the rig and figure it out. Usually it's just an edited version I was happy with.

It just depends on what the amp is and if there is a matching amp model. I may still use the generic stack for Marshall type amps because I feel it gives me more flexibility in tone shaping but I'm not sure yet. I haven't been brave enough to convert my on-stage Kempers to Liquid Profiling firmware yet.

I think I'd like to have both tone stacks. Would be nice to have a traditional tone stack for Marshalls.

Rik

Kemper toaster >Kemper remote> 2 x Alto TS310 powered speakers Furman M-8XAR

• I would pay good money for a pack of the '72 Marshall, with greenbacks

This!!!

A pretty please for Michael:

Please do that amp with a Greenback Cab (and both G25Ms and G30Hs).

I have the Vintage pack with that '72, but I never really bonded with that 3rd power cab. With a vintage Marshall I want a vintage cab and his '69 Marshall pack, which contains profiles with vintage Marshall cabs instead of that 3rd power, are much more to my liking. In real live I use his '69 pack all the time, it's my go to Marshall pack but I rarely use the '72. While of course I could change cabs in the profile, but since he doesn't do merged profiles, getting that to actually work is a bit of a hit or miss.

On a general note:

MBritt is one of my favourite vendors and I use his profiles daily. But the ones that are out of this world and give me goosebumps whenever I use them, are these with a "matching cab" (for the amp in question) so to speak. I don't care that much for his profiles with that 3rd power cab, because in the end they all sound too similar to me, regardless of the amp. I want my tweed Fenders in their "natural habitat" like vintage Jensen speakers or brownface/white tolex Fenders with Oxford speakers. I don't want them with a generic Celestion loaded cab. And I like my Marshalls with 4x12 Celestion G25Ms or G30Hs.

lonestargtr

If you are at it for some new Packs with Liquid Profiling, please do more stuff with other cabs. Vintage Marshall Cabs, Voxes with Blues, Fenders with their old pinewood cabs and Jensens or Oxfords, Hiwatts with Fanes and so on :*

• lonestargtr Hi Michael, I might be wrong, but the Liquid profile you put in the free pack, is it the plexi from the 2020? I adore those profiles. Havent tried it yet, but if it is, it would be the most wonderful giving ever from your side, that plexi is priceless.

And in your opinion, whats the deal with the gain? I see each LP adjust the gain range, but to me the real change comes from the brightcap parameter (which I will dig deeper with some spectrum analyzers in ableton later). I dont see too many changes in the gain behaviour, just it looks it does not go to the extremes the generic kemper setup goes. I mean, the twins I have now have a reasonable gain level on max when adjusted to LP, but the colouration from those states seem more or less the same.

The answer is 42

• [I see each LP adjust the gain range, but to me the real change comes from the brightcap parameter (which I will dig deeper with some spectrum analyzers in ableton later). I dont see too many changes in the gain behaviour, just it looks it does not go to the extremes the generic kemper setup goes. I mean, the twins I have now have a reasonable gain level on max when adjusted to LP, but the colouration from those states seem more or less the same.

Interesting! Just saw the newest "Tones & Talks - Legends Tribute Tom Morello" video. While I haven't tested the LP myself yet, I see in the vid that Thomas Dill first selects the LP JCM800 tone stack in use. And while he modifies the gain parameter from and back to "10" also the generic gain lowers from 6.1 to 5. So I guess this might suggest that the Michaels profiled JCM800 amp is capable for more gain than a typical JCM is capable of?

And while the Gain is lowering, is there happening anything else EQ wise or is it only about gain (just came to mind that bright cap comment above that could the sound get clearer also because of that)?

• That's the beauty of it. You can have one saved with the marshall model and one with the generic. Pick and choose what you want.

Hey Michael !

Hope your touring / playing is going well :)

I've already emailed you and you very kindly responded :) ...... I just came back to the Kemper after many years .. and many Fractals / Helix / GT1000 / Tonex .... Liquid Profiling has brought me back.

We rehearsed the other night and all I used was 4 of your Liquid Profiles from your "Official" LP Pack on the Kemper website ... sounded glorious.

Back in the day I used - and still have - 7 or 8 of your "Legacy" Packs.

Like many - I / we are awaiting your LP Packs .... your diversity of Amps and your ability to dial in tones in stunning.

All the best ... [and selfishly] hoping to get them sooner rather than later ;) :)

All the best,

Ben

• To that I can merrily subscribe.

• Those two Liquid Marshalls are killer! Can't wait for a full pack. Michael, you were releasing those Six Pack packages, and I assume Liquid Profiling has changed your plans... But we'll wait!

Yeah,

I agree, though waiting has never been my strong point. The liquified marshals are really astonishing. First thing I do with heavy gained stuff is to turn down the gain and check how the cleanish sound comes along. Stunning! It wasn't cleanish, it was a big round clean sound. Then all the way up with just the gain step by step: delivers to no end.

Only thing I did change was to lower the definition parameter.

Well, it's good to be home.

Thank you Mr. Britt

• Just looked up "Lonestar" the Band's current Tour Schedule and they have Dates booked until at least December 7, 2023 ... so I don't think we will realistically see any MBritt Liquid Profiling Packs until Jan / Feb 2024 at the earliest.

Ben