New profiling (Better cab separation)

• After reading the statement again, it does imply that the hidden feature is there in 2.7.4. From what some have said on this post they must be using it.

With that in mind, the statement would indicate that it either hasn't been tested with or is unstable with 2.8 and up.

thanks for the corretion.

• There's a likelihood that any rigs created using the "secret" profiling method in 2.7.4 will result in corrupt rigs, or worse. Switch to 2.8 if you want to experiment with this feature.

I think the reason that rigs from 2.8 are not compatible with older firmwares is the way the Kemper records the information about a profile. There could be some minor changes that the earlier firmwares are not able to decipher, resulting in problems.

• There's a likelihood that any rigs created using the "secret" profiling method in 2.7.4 will result in corrupt rigs, or worse. Switch to 2.8 if you want to experiment with this feature.

I think the reason that rigs from 2.8 are not compatible with older firmwares is the way the Kemper records the information about a profile. There could be some minor changes that the earlier firmwares are not able to decipher, resulting in problems.

Okay, that's what I thought. Thanks for confirming, paults & nightlight.

• <p>

</p>

Wait a second

Let's say I do just the DI Profile using a DI box, I don't mic the Cab at the same time, so I'm not making a Studio Profile at the same time.

Now I decide I want to use my DI Profile as a Studio Profile, I cant Merge the Cab because I didn't Profile a Cab to begin with.

I can press the Cab button and select any one of the other Cabs made by other users who made a DI and Studio Profile at the same time...I'm not "merging" I'm just selecting another Cab.

Correct?

• I can press the Cab button and select any one of the other Cabs made by other users who made a DI and Studio Profile at the same time...I'm not "merging" I'm just selecting another Cab.

Correct?

Yes.

For some reason, Kemper let's you merge in this situation, but it doesn't sound right.

• HI, Made today another comparison onDI. Kemper DI vs Real DI of Engl Savage.
    First of all:

1. All samples recorded with the same amp setting cab mic and mic pos!

Comparison merged vs real amp:
    All samples starting with Kemper Then Real Savage

http://www.brickwall.pl/savage/ - last two samples.

Comparison Kemper DI vs real amp DI:
    DI signal taken with Behringer DIBOX (this time, i also use JetCity) - but not the point :D

[Blocked Image: http://www.brickwall.pl/savage/kemper_real_di.jpg]

After recording i just add my own Mesa IR impulses sm57

FIRST SAMPLE: http://www.brickwall.pl/savage/

IMO DI taken from Kemper dont sound the same what Real DI ( more low end etc...) strange becouse you guys can listen my merged vs real savage comparison - remember still the same amp setting etc on all of samples!!!!

I repeat once again - there is no such thing as "one perfect cab profile" IMO
    DI sound depends on the amp setting and it depends on the microphone used cabinets, etc ...

Stay Metal!

• Nope. You make a DI profile and the Kemper simply see's that it's a DI, doesn't enable the cab section at all, and your profile is saved as a DI profile.

You then make your studio profile and merge the cab from that.

The Kemper only accepts one input at a time, so unfortunately it can't make both profiles simultaneously, you always have to make two profiles one after the other and then merge the results.

Bear in mind that when you merge a profile it's just finding the difference between the final full original profile that the cab came from and the DI to give you the cab part, so it will change the cab that you merge in, not the DI part.

@sinmix - did you use the IR on both the Kemper's output and the amp's, or just one? (or did you use the tool to convert the IR to a cab and merge that in?).

• sinmix - did you use the IR on both the Kemper's output and the amp's, or just one? (or did you use the tool to convert the IR to a cab and merge that in?).

The same Mesa IR (.wav) made by me loaded to Kefir in Cubase. Steve Stevens use my DL cab IR in this video - soo i think i made good IR heheheh :D

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Stay Metal!

• Someone should show Kemper to this guy! :)
    That Torpedo looks like really cool alternative to the cab. If you have basement full of amps, of course.
    I like his enjoyment of good sound and new technology, someone should give him Kemper!

• Someone should show Kemper to this guy! :)
    That Torpedo looks like really cool alternative to the cab. If you have basement full of amps, of course.
    I like his enjoyment of good sound and new technology, someone should give him Kemper!

Pretty sure he knows about the Kemper. I mean, there's a PodX3 Pro in his racks. Just needs an endorsement to steer him in the right direction :thumbup:

• Just needs an endorsement to steer him in the right direction

It's sad but you are right. For a minute I forgot how the business goes there.
    I wonder if Kemper is paying all those KPA artists. My guess is they do not.
    Revolutionary products often don't need this kind of marketing.

Edit: Yes, sorry for OT, Grzegorz. :)

Edited once, last by Peto ().

• So, if i understood this right, the Merged Profile will send a slightly different sound to FOH than the Full Studio Profile would. That means i can have close to perfect sound out of my 4x12 cab with my Camplifier and From-Speaker-Out-Profiles now (like before) und can at the same time send a signal with my merged profiled 4x12 cab to FOH (the new advantage of 2.8/3.0), but i pay for that with a little loss in sound compared to the Full Studio Profiles i would use if there was no guitar cab. Did i get this right?
    So if i wanted it perfect i would use two kempers on stage now, one for the studio profile to FOH and one for the Speaker-Out-Profile to my Cab until Mr Kemper fixes this in FW 4.0 ?! :)

• Nice OT guys - maybe time to talk about my DI comparison? maybe it is a touchy subject here in a forum?

Stay Metal!

I think you need to explain the process a bit more, Sinmix. Did you make a Direct profile, then merge an IR? No studio following profile, then merge the cab from that? That's the impression I'm getting from what I read. If you didn't make a Studio profile, then it isn't really a fair comparison. However, I'm very interested in your results, as I too have found discrepancies with the Direct and Merged profiles I've tested.

Cheers,
    Sam

• I think you need to explain the process a bit more, Sinmix. Did you make a Direct profile, then merge an IR? No studio following profile, then merge the cab from that? That's the impression I'm getting from what I read. If you didn't make a Studio profile, then it isn't really a fair comparison. However, I'm very interested in your results, as I too have found discrepancies with the Direct and Merged profiles I've tested.

Cheers,
    Sam

Hi,
    No my test its simply as hell ;)
    1. I made studio profile
    2. i made DI profile
    3. i Record 4 track with DI profile from kemper
    4. Then i record 4 track with my savage connected to behringer dibox (DI from Savage Head)
    5. put all track in Cubase and simply add one of my IR to all track - the same IR
    6. Mixdown Kemper DI profile + cab IR
    7. Mixdown Savage DI track+ the same IR

Still the same amp setting!!! I made also merged profile (Frfom DI and Studio) you can compare merged vs real :
    First part Kemper then Real then 4xKemper and then 4 x Real :http://www.brickwall.pl/savage/savage_without_limiter.wav

DI signal comparison with cab IR: First part Kemper then Real Savage: http://www.brickwall.pl/savage/savage_DI_KEMPER_REAL.wav

Simple?

Stay Metal!