Remote details and price announced!

• I purchased a Rocktron Midi Raider and a Mission pedal (Kemper green of course..) in the Black Friday sales a few months back. Total came to around $675.00 US$

I'm going to miss the Screen down at my feet showing the Kemper display, but the Midi Raider allows me a certain level of flexibility in regards to what it can control on the Kemper. I'm also using it to control a POD HD500 Rackmount unit inserted in the Kemper FX loop. The POD is changing guitars on my JTV Variax as well as supplying some different FX not available on the Kemper.

Gonna go with this system until I either find a better reason to switch to the Kemper Foot Controller...or my Gear Acquisition Syndrome gets the better of me.

• same here with the all access........but total respect to who will buy the kemper one. when saying the price is too high I meant for me............just my opinion

"...why being satisfied with an amp, as great as it can be, while you can have them all?" michael mellner

"Rock in Ecclesia" - new album on iTunes or Google music

• I'm aware of that mod thanks though. I meant something that would not require a separate converter box, use the existing rj 45 out on the kemper, use a readily available rj45 cable and not cost more than the fcb did to the U.S.

Oh, now I get it. ^^

• Looks like the even though the looper is said to be in the Kemper it's actually exclusive to Remote users. The site states "The Looper is exclusively available to Remote users." Elsewhere the 'exclusive' part is stated in bold. Anyone able to confirm we won't be able to use external pedals to use the looper unless you purchase the remote; is this correct?

Well, if that's true it sucks. I have a ditto looper and I didn't in fact even plan to get rid of it (even more so if the looping time is only 30 seconds - already 60 in mono sounds more like it), but having more than one switch for controlling the looper is quite handy. Bah, I still hope that's not the case.

• Excellant points! My FCB does everything I need. New controller is cool but unnecessary in my studio. ;)

My FCB will do it further on in our rehearsal room, so the KFC will stay at home until it comes to live-gigs. For me the weekly transportation of my FCB (with additional 2 BossFS-6) is history.

• I'm planning on getting the controller. Just curious, is the $599 price "list" price or street price? List price is simply a useless number that allows retailers to pretend they are offering a "sale" when everyone charges the same price, which is about 20-25% less. No one sells equipment at list price. Products with $599 list price will probably sell at Guitar Center/Sweetwater/MusiciansFriend, and others for $449-499.

Second question: If I am understanding things correctly, I could put a stereo cable in one of the expression jacks and use a two-button foot switch to turn on and off things? Like the typical two button pedals that come with an amplifier? Thus I could use two expression jacks to turn on and off 4 additional things, such as four stomp or effect slots? This would leave me with two other expression jacks that I could use expression pedals with? (not counting the two on the back of the kemper)

I wish the KPC had 8 such buttons, one for each slot. However, if the above works, I'll be fine with it. Yes I know you can assign multiple things to the buttons and these can be different for each Rig. However, with just the KPC, for me this would be an organizational nightmare. Yes, I don't need to be able to control all 8 slots in any SINGLE rig I use. However, with the various rigs that I do use, I want the ability to control different slots with different rigs. I know that the KFC allows me to do this, but it seems like it would be a nightmare to remember which buttons control what when they differ from rig to rig. Therefore, for my needs, I would prefer to simply have a single button that controls each and every slot, so whenever button 4 is lit up, for example, I know that a reverb in on, because that would always be dedicated to reverb.

If I am understanding things correctly, I could put a stereo cable in one of the expression jacks and use a two-button foot switch to turn on and off things? .

That's correct.

As for remembering what switches what, the color LED make this very easy.

• here's some info for you on the four pedal input on Remote: pedals and switches can be used with those input. and with the help of a splitter cable, two switches can be connected to one input. In other words, Remote itself can be connected to 8(!) additional switches if required. The assignment works on the pedal/switch inputs on Profiler: in a global fashion.

Those four build in buttons can be programmed individually for every rig in a performance. One button can change the state of multiple effects at the same time. This way you can switch entire "scenes" if required or just toggle a single effect on and off, depending on your requirements.

The Quick Start Guide for Profiler Remote can be downloaded here: http://www.kemperamps.com/api/download/dlid/597/

hth, gs

Get in touch with Profiler online support team here

• here's some info for you on the four pedal input on Remote: pedals and switches can be used with those input. and with the help of a splitter cable, two switches can be connected to one input. In other words, Remote itself can be connected to 8(!) additional switches if required. The assignment works on the pedal/switch inputs on Profiler: in a global fashion.

Those four build in buttons can be programmed individually for every rig in a performance. One button can change the state of multiple effects at the same time. This way you can switch entire "scenes" if required or just toggle a single effect on and off, depending on your requirements.

hth, gs

Great info! Is it possible to program this external switches to send CC messages on midi out on the Kemper?

• Great info! Is it possible to program this external switches to send CC messages on midi out on the Kemper?

It will be possible to use the physical MIDI out on Profiler to send out messages when switching. Some details are not final yet, so you have to wait. In any case, we'll make sure that Remote will act and look like the mighty mother octopus on stage :)
    talking about stages and especially huge stages: one can use more than one Remote at the same time. So for instance one can be next to the artists (who uses it to plug-in pedals and engage boosters if needed) and the other one can be back in the guitar den with the guitar tech who's switching and overlooking the rest.
    gs

Get in touch with Profiler online support team here

• It will be possible to use the physical MIDI out on Profiler to send out messages when switching. Some details are not final yet, so you have to wait. In any case, we'll make sure that Remote will act and look like the mighty mother octopus on stage :)
    talking about stages and especially huge stages: one can use more than one Remote at the same time. So for instance one can be next to the artists (who uses it to plug-in pedals and engage boosters if needed) and the other one can be back in the guitar den with the guitar tech who's switching and overlooking the rest.
    gs

This is music to my ears :D Can't wait to get my hands on this device!

• Not surprised about price, that's the going rate for a quality midi controller. I hopped on wait list early, and I have noticed quite a few others on wait list are surprised with pricing, so I'm hoping I move up quickly.

I ordered the Liquid Foot +12+ also, as it features 2 way communication, and works great with KPA, ($900.00). I like the 13 displays on the +12+, the extensive midi functionality, and the OSX editor included. When I finally receive the Kemper Remote, I'll decide which works better for my needs.

• Any ethernet cable will do. And you can also retrofit one side with a Neutrik plug.

If you decide to use any 3rd party cable, please make sure it meets our quality standards. Cables in excess of 10m (30ft) might require an extra power supply (PoE Injector). This way, distances of more than 100m (300ft) can be bridged.
    It's even possible to run multiple Profilers and Remotes in one network. Think about multiple Remotes being placed at different locations on stage and being always perfectly in sync (displays, LEDs).

• Price seems to be al-right , and we should stop discussing it, since there will be no feedback.
    (I was joking in other thread asking for $250 , but not too much sense of humour with new internet generation...)

I have these two units now :http://www.synergyguitars.com/T-Rex-Pedals-Effects.htm Trex big Foot and Mac-1 controller , price for both is about $2.000 !
    Of course I will go for Kemper remote pedal , since guys from Kemper deserve our support , and since there is (and will not be) probably no better pedal for Kemper.
    Cheers
    Zoran

1988 Branko Radulovic Hand Made Strat in Macedonia (SFRJ)

2006 Steve Vai vwh moded with SS frets and Sustainac 2006 (Japan)

2008 Fender YJM , moded (USA)

2010 Tom Andersons Drop Top 2010 (made in California)

2017 Charvel GG sig Caramelised Ash (USA)

2022 Gibson ES 335 2011 Custom Shop Cherry of course ( Memphis)

• Asking myself the same question. The pedalboard looks stunning and surely works even better, but I really like my Gordius and I'd rather stick to it.
    Also, 30 seconds stereo is ok, but the possibility of 1 minute mono would be - from the perspective of bedroom jammers such as yours truly - much, much better.

The 30 seconds stereo can be doubled (=60 sec.), if "half speed" is selected before recording starts.

The Looper buttons assume different roles in different situations. LEDs and display reflect status and suppot the navigation.