FW 3.0 - opinions?

• Nice! But how do I see if I play a "vintage old" type profile or a new DI/merged profile?

MJT Strats / PRS Guitars / Many DIY Guitars -- Kemper Profiler Rack / Kemper Remote / InEar

• Wish I could get a rehearsal with it but my band never rehearses and only sees each other at gigs...we're about 90 minutes apart from each other.

I think I'll stay on the safe side for now...thanks guys!

yeah...anyways you'll get to wait until next monday, right? ;)

"...why being satisfied with an amp, as great as it can be, while you can have them all?" michael mellner

"Rock in Ecclesia" - new album on iTunes or Google music

• You can do it this way but remember a factory reset doesn't erase your rigs. You have to delete them manually (Rig Mangaer is convenient for this). Then retieve the factory content and import your old rigs.

....thanks for this info ingolf...& thanks nkay for asking the question..roger

• I'm excited to start hearing (and making) more direct profiles, so firmware 3.0 is very welcome. On the other hand, I'm disappointed with the extent of MIDI Transmit additions. Basically, we have PC change messages on Slot change in Performance mode, as promised. But since the Kemper Remote isn't a MIDI device, this means I can't repurpose the expression pedals to integrate outboard gear. I'd have to have a pedal exclusively for the KPA, and a pedal (and additional gear to convert that pedal to MIDI) for whatever outboard gear. And forget trying to do anything interactive with one pedal, like crossfades.

This is a missed opportunity IMO. If the Exp. Pedal inputs were assigned a CC# corresponding with their mapped function in the System menu (e.g. 7 for Volume, etc.) the Kemper Remote would be much more versatile. As it stands, I'm going to have to pass on it. I should probably be grateful to save the $600 right now, but I was really excited to get on board with the integrated looper and all.

• No Michael Wagener's profiles on the list !

Anyway M Britt's one are really good as well as Till's ones ( from Till's site) Hi gain users should love it.

I appreciate separation of cab/amp and I'm gonna play a lot with it !

Good work Kemper Team !

• There is no direct way to tell if a rig has been merged or made from a load box, as far as I can test from now.

FIY : studio profile = old amp miking method

direct profile = profile made from direct amp out , with a load box

merged profile = both methods above with real separation between CAB & AMP , if I am right

• Anyone been messing around with the profiles in this pack and rearranging the cabs and switching them around? Pretty cool!

I can't wait to experiment but - just to keep this in perspective - isn't this something that we were able to do pre-3.0 as well, albeit with slightly less authenticity? Is a DI + Cab profile night-and-day better than an old "Studio" (combined) profile when swapping cabs? Or is this something only the "golden ears" guys will appreciate?

I'm actually more excited about the prospect of making DI profiles of my own, for use with a real guitar cab or known-good cab block, without having to worry so much about optimal mic/position, levels, etc. It seems like it will remove a lot of potentially damning variables.

• I can't wait to experiment but - just to keep this in perspective - isn't this something that we were able to do pre-3.0 as well, albeit with slightly less authenticity? Is a DI + Cab profile night-and-day better than an old "Studio" (combined) profile when swapping cabs? Or is this something only the "golden ears" guys will appreciate?

I'm actually more excited about the prospect of making DI profiles of my own, for use with a real guitar cab or known-good cab block, without having to worry so much about optimal mic/position, levels, etc. It seems like it will remove a lot of potentially damning variables.

Not sure, but I'm really liking what im hearing. For instance one of deadlifht studios profiles attached to Michael Britts 5153 and 3p yields the best results I've heard. Does not sound like the original profile at all to me which is what happened in the past.

• But one of the main things on this release is the ability to run into a cab. I appreciate not a lot of folks have this ability, but if you do, I urge you to try it..

I don't know, maybe I've lost the plot, but here again I would say we've had this ability all along. Version 3.0 will presumably improve tone in this configuration, but I've been running into a cab for a while.

Unless you're referring to the ability to run to a cab while simultaneously running the amp+cab signal to FOH?

• This is a welcome firmware upgrade across the board. For those who have been using frfr and know their tones/sounds inside and out like me, I now have the ability to run just a cab on stage if I would like, while knowing my FOH tone is perfect as always, simultaneously having better cab/amp tone on stage. Or, running both, like I enjoy doing.

• This is a welcome firmware upgrade across the board. For those who have been using frfr and know their tones/sounds inside and out like me, I now have the ability to run just a cab on stage if I would like, while knowing my FOH tone is perfect as always, simultaneously having better cab/amp tone on stage. Or, running both, like I enjoy doing.

Yes all its true - tell me how many comparison real di from real amp vs di signal (profile kemper) had a chance to hear? you are so sure that what goes in a cab that is the same as in the case of real amp? if, of course, depend on that?

Stay Metal!