90% I want to buy a Kemper

• Hey guys

Come the end of this month, I will probably purchase an unpowered "toaster" Kemper. Axe FX and Line 6 Helix don't as sound. Torpedo + real amp isn't the way I want to go.

This will be my first professional amp modeler and I'm coming from tube amps but tired of frailty, maintenance, volume etc.

What I'm concerned about is that this is a essentially a computer with the same spec it started with 3/4 years ago. Moore's law says things should have rolled on a bit since then... look at mobile phones.

My question is, is there going to be a Kemper 2 coming out in the near future or will this just keep rolling with firmware updates?

• It doesn't really matter if a new version comes out. I'm happy with the tones I get now ...

And welcome to the forum! :thumbup:

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• Welcome to the forum. If you buy a kpa you also get a big smile on your face for free. Sometimes it takes a little time because you have to learn a lot about this little devil.
    So, have fun
    cheers from the home of the kpa

• Have no fear - Moore's law doesn't apply here. The Kemper wasn't built on substandard hardware. Unlike modelers, the KPA was built correctly from the start. It doesn't need constant updates and improvements. The FW updates, while nice, don't really change the basic nature of the Kemper.

PRS Singlecuts
    Kemper PowerHead/Remote

Quote from skoczy

When you turn the knob on KPA, you wake up the captured souls of tube amps living inside.

• This will be my first professional amp modeler and I'm coming from tube amps but tired of frailty, maintenance, volume etc.

Welcome !!! By the way, the Kemper is NOT a modeler, the KPA is offering a totally different technology (Profiling), invented and developed by CK (Christoph Kemper). It is unique and the KPA is the only guitar-device in the world using this technology.

If you want to have the authentic tone and feel of a real tube-amp, the KPA is the perfect tool. It is the first digital device which makes me think to play a real tube-amp and I love tube-amps. especially old ones from Fender, Vox and Marshall.

Because the firmware is updated constantly by Kemper, there's no need to bring out new models all the time. Just take a look at the immense improvements from the first firmware-versions up to now.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    first name: Guenter / family name: Haas / www.guenterhaas.de

• The firmware is upgraded continually. The liminting factor is the memory if anything. But the Rig Manager made needing 1000 rigs on the KPA (if that was ever needed in the first place) rather moot. As to speed of the unit, that might be a problem if using intense effects adding ms otherwise. I suspect that's why we don't see the implementation of the ability to have 2 delays. But who knows. Zappledan said it best. It sounds perfect. So who cares about upgrading bells and whistles unless you have the means or desire. It won't be a "need" tho.

• Welcome!

Computers and phones become obsolete because they want you to buy new stuff (economy has to grow... how crazy is that!?). So they write new programs that will eat up your computer's power so it becomes obsolete.

LOL