Any plans for a Kemper 2 amp?

• I never especially like to use dual path in other modelers, it always sounded unreal to me.

Yes, but the Kemper is not just another modeler ;)
    I didn't read the whole thread, but to me the ability to have dual amps for live, and the possibility to profile pedals in the stomp section would really take the Kemper to the next level.
    I like my Kemper as it is, but with the new units coming out, they will have to up their game (and not just by adding a spring reverb :D )

• I'm pretty sure there won't be any new units for at least a couple of years. My impression is that the Kemper team is still learning a great deal about what is possible with the current iteration, and with FW 3.x, the Remote and now Pure Cab, the technology is only now starting to mature. Maybe once they've crossed the spring reverb and stomp delays off the to do list...

• Love the Kemper as it is. But wouldn't mind dual profiles simultaneously for live playing and improved FX (hoping this comes soon!) also another iteration of the remote with scribble strips and assignable buttons would get me to pull my wallet out again, the current remote is great and all with integration but I feel there could be other versions !

CURRENT:
    (FLOOR) Kemper Remote w/ Mission exp + EB VP
    (RACK) Kemper PowerRack

• The Kemper amp has been out for a while. Was wondering if there are plans, or maybe it's already in the process of coming out with a 2nd model version of the profiling amp? i.e. redesign and/or hardware upgrade?

I know things like the Axe-FX come out with hardware upgrades/redesign every so often. I figured it was about time a new Kemper version would be coming out.

Depending on the improvements of each OS-Release, I often got a new Kemper in the past, and I'm convinced that in a year or two, the current KPA-features will have been improved further on. That's why I like the Kemper-Team so much. Their business and effort doesn't end, when their product is sold. :thumbup:

• Ordered the regular black toaster Kemper.

Already have an interface, but will probably look for one with s/pdif to keep it all digital.

Also will probably look for something like FRFR to jam on. As this will pretty much be used for direct recording, and so I'd want to hear my recording tone when jaming vs. playing through a guitar speaker cab.

I am interested in the new capturing technique that removes the cab/mic/pickups from the mix. I always thought that was kind of a weak part of it, but now looks like you can capture just the amp. And then you can mix/match cab sims I guess.

• You've just made yourself a great X-mas present.
    ;)

• I am interested in the new capturing technique that removes the cab/mic/pickups

Actually, the PUs never were part of the equation ;)
    The new technique allows to fully (with some exception) detach the cab\mic from the amp. But, TBH, I love to swap cabs even with the old rig format :)

• Ordered the regular black toaster Kemper.

Hi Jason,
    I suspect you will be very, very pleased with your decision. I have owned many (MANY) tube amps as well as digital modelers. The KPA is the best amp I have ever owned...and I am including both types of devices. In fact, of all my gear purchases down the many years, it is right up there with my favorite guitars. Every time I plug in, I am amazed at the sounds I get out it...sounds I struggled with getting when using various high-end tube amps as well as a large and ever-evolving pedal board (which is now gathering dust).

My biggest regret --> the ridiculous amount of money I spent over the years on amps and pedals...most of which I ended up selling, or put into early-retirement. Come to think of it, the vast majority of gear purchases, through the years, were non-essential, completely materialistic and fundamentally selfish acts. ;(

I only recognize that now, as I am much older and (hopefully) wiser.

• Actually, the PUs never were part of the equation ;)
    The new technique allows to fully (with some exception) detach the cab\mic from the amp. But, TBH, I love to swap cabs even with the old rig format :)

Gianfranco, you have cited me wrongly in this case. ;)

EDIT: Done, never mind.

• Actually, the PUs never were part of the equation ;)

I thought Pickups were involved when you did the fine tuning after doing the profile?

• I thought Pickups were involved when you did the fine tuning after doing the profile?

Nope. The only time the pickups influence the sound of the profile is when you're initially dialling in the reference amp. That's to say, you'd dial in a Fender Twin differently when using a strat with single coils or a Les Paul with humbuckers. Once the sound on the amp is set, the profiling process matches that sound as closely as possible, regardless of the guitar/pickups used when refining. It should also be noted that @ckemper himself states that with the most recent iteration of the profiling algorithm, refining isn't actually always necessary.

• The only time the pickups influence the sound of the profile is when you're initially dialling in the reference amp. That's to say, you'd dial in a Fender Twin differently when using a strat with single coils or a Les Paul with humbuckers. Once the sound on the amp is set, the profiling process matches that sound as closely as possible, regardless of the guitar/pickups used when refining.

This. The refining phase is used to... refine dynamics (i.e. the Profiler's response to signal's strength), not to tone-match the guitar.

:)

• Plenty of DSP headroom, but no one possibilities to have two parallel amps.
    Is there really enough DSP headroom ?

There's headroom to integrate new effects, but is it DSP headroom ? It's not the same thing.

• Thank you, Michael!

Plenty of DSP headroom, but no one possibilities to have two parallel amps.
    Is there really enough DSP headroom ?

There's headroom to integrate new effects, but is it DSP headroom ? It's not the same thing.

IMHO it is, azertyvince.

Remember the old Protools DSP Farm cards?
    What about all those external DSP chassis that've been offered over the years, such as the TC PowerCore and the UAD stuff?
    All plug-ins use DSP power, and the amount of DSP headroom is a measure of how much overhead (DSP power) is available for further instantiations or buffer reductions, which of course require more DSP resources.

DSP = Digital Signal Processing or Digital Signal Processor/s.
    The term can be used as a noun, such as with add-on cards (e.g. Digidesign DSP Farm), an adjective, such as where one might speak of DSP headroom, and a verb when one refers to the act of DSP (Digital Signal Processing).

I used it to describe the unused-and-still-available CPU grunt the Kemper has up its sleeve for tackling new features and perhaps more complex and demanding FX algorithms.

As to whether or not there's sufficient DSP headroom available for running concurrent profiles, from what I've heard, there isn't, so I agree with you there. That was not my point however - I referred only to "software tweaks and upgrades".

Cheers, mate. Sorry I took so long to respond.

• For me the Kemper has already done what I wanted in capturing my studio amps so accurately. It is a lot of fun and the fx section is way better than other live setups I have used before. If you are looking for dual amps, why not treat it like any other amp and buy a second Kemper to run alongside the first one?

If they are going to bring out updated hardware that would have to be considered very carefully, rather than just add a couple of features here and there. Constant hardware updates lower the opinion of a company and makes them look money hungry.

Karl

Kemper Rack OS 9.0.5 - Mac OS X 12.6.7