Sarasota FL

• Hi All, I am in Sarasota FL and very very close to pulling the trigger on a non powered rack. Been playing for 30 years and most of that professionally. I currently do alot of song writing an production work out of my home studio. Luckily started collecting vintage gear before they were vintage and have a pretty decent set of guitars and amps etc. Unreal how they have climbed.

Unfortunately, I cannot find a Kemper nearby so I am relying on your posts and other sources to make my decision. Because my home studio has volume limitations, it is difficult to use any of my favorite Marshalls, Fenders, Vox's. I have tried isolation cabinets, boutique amps and of course my go to Marshalls and the like but really want to just save the space and use the editing features of the modeling world. About 5 years ago, I purchased an 11 rack and am still using it through Pro Tools. For clean tones it is fine but the typical crunch tones I need just dont quite cut it. As much as I tweak the 11R I just cannot quite get there. I just sounds 1 dimensional to me. After listening to some final cuts of new material cut with the 11R, I simply cannot use them. The tones are killing me. I am really hoping that the Kemper will solve my issues. More questions to come but thought I would let you know I am lurking.

IMac 21.5" - 2.5GHz 12 GB Ram - Lion 10.7, PT 10, Eleven Rack ERXP, HD's - Glyph GT050Q D 932 Chipset & Mercury Elite H/D, Axiom Pro 49, Mission Engineering Expression Pedal, JoeMeek TwinQ Mic Pr, Kemper Rack !!Good Ole Days

• Welcome Beano!! FWIW I think lots of peeps were in your position of wondering will it satisfy my taste for tone. Don't think many returned their KPA after they purchased one. You could always do the 30 return guarantee from one of the major retailers. No risk there, anyway good luck with your decision.

• It's a no-Beano, brainer... er. LOL

Mate, if you hit a power chord, close your eyes and listen to the sustain envelope, you'll be in valve heaven. Guaranteed.

Welcome, and be sure to tell us how blown away you are when you finally get to fire your soon-to-be beastie up, eh?

• Hi Beano, and welcome to the forum! :thumbup:

I was born and raised in Sarasota (now retired in the mountains). Send me an IM.

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• Hi ZappleDan - When I click on your profile, or anyone for that matter, I receive a notice I am unauthorized. Need to read up, maybe I need to post more.

IMac 21.5" - 2.5GHz 12 GB Ram - Lion 10.7, PT 10, Eleven Rack ERXP, HD's - Glyph GT050Q D 932 Chipset & Mercury Elite H/D, Axiom Pro 49, Mission Engineering Expression Pedal, JoeMeek TwinQ Mic Pr, Kemper Rack !!Good Ole Days

• I think once you get a Kemper and register on the site certain functions like that open up. I live in Ocala and bought both my Kempers on Ebay and haven't regretted it one bit. No doubt it will sound just like the FOH version of the amps you are trying to capture for your recording. Bear in mind though that just like real amps the Kemper will also sound different at lower volume levels (Fletcher-Munson Curve). Cheers and welcome aboard!

• Hey wait a sec, I'm doing a show at Woody's River Roo in Ellenton this Saturday from 7-11, only 30 minutes away from Sarasota. Drop by and check out the Kemper in person if you want. I'd be happy to give the guided tour on the thing and also since Paul is following this post I'll be sure to use one of his awesome profiles for at least a set or two! lmao

• I am there Booyah - know it well.

• Great meeting ya Beano! Hope my crappy playing didn't scare you away from the Kemper lol. Thanks for that cool pic and most of all the goodie powders!

That at was awesome last night. Sorry had to leave early but my wife needed some assistance. Awesome player you are, very aggressive. That custom axe is very interesting, wants to be a Tele, Star and Paul at the same time. Thx for showing me the rig. Mine Willa arrive Wednesday.

• Beano, perhaps you know my cousin, Tony Sheppard, who teaches and plays there in Sarasota.

Dont know Tony but will probably run into him sometime.