Applications for MIDI transmission – user feedback requested

• when should it send start/stop?

Well, ideally, we should be able to send the start/stop message as a single CC command. For Remote users, this could be tied to a single button that is hit to start (sending a 1 on a certain CC number for non-Remote guys) and stop (sending a 0).

We should also be able to send the start/stop command when we select a profile by hitting a button, but it is imperative that the option should exist to set this start/stop command for every single performance, e.g. in performance bank 1, when I hit the first switch, it sends a start message.

However, the trick is to not send the same start message (or a stop message) when I navigate back to that same profile. Actually, I think if you send a start message again, it will continue to play, as if it received a continue message. But if you send a stop message, that could be tricky. So a one-button solution linked to the profile slots may be trickier than having the start/stop mapped to a separate button.

Perhaps a stop should only be triggered when you hit a button three times in a row. Same should go for start. For Remote users, this could be implemented as holding down a button a for a few seconds to trigger start, and holding down the same button for a stop.

I request you therefore to kindly consider having a similar CC setup to what exists for stop/erase in the looper, i.e. send the same message three times to the Kemper/hit the same button three times via the Remote (or hold the button down, not sure how it works with the Remote for erase actually), in order to send a start or stop message.

Eagerly hoping for early implementation of this feature in any avatar though. Thanks for listening! :thumbup:

• I think this feedback thread needs some feedback from the OP....is it giving you what you need and is any of it of value such that you are considering it for a future release?

• I would love to hear something about the current status of development of midi integration as well; in it's current form the remote is not really useable for controlling external midi gear besides some simple patch changes which take one of the five patch buttons. Considering the price of the remote I would have expected more functionality.

• ... and I'd love to hear an answer to the question I've posed in this thread and others:

Will we ever be able to stream MIDI CC data out of the Kemper that represents our wah-pedal movements?

IOW, the Kemper would need to either reflect the incoming MIDI stream if one were using a MIDI-based wah controller, or convert the electrical variations of conventional pedals to said stream, just as master keyboards do or e-drum brains when you plug analogue pedals into them. My 29 year-old keyboard does this, so I assume it's easy, peasy to implement.

The purpose would be to be able to record wah movements alongside the DI output for correct playback (sending the recorded MIDI stream back to the Kemper for wah control) when reamping. This, IMHO, is the only way reamping with wah makes sense. Simple to record, and simple to play back to the KPA.

Please, somebody, provide some feedback on this. I've asked at least 3 or 4 times now, and it's super-important to me.

• In the previous beta release, I saw that the label for device A and B said MSB + PROGRAM CHANGE.
    Now, in the latest release, it's back to PROGRAM CHANGE only.
    I monitored what's coming out of the Kemper and indeed, no Bank Message anymore.
    What happened?

• Midi pc mapping for the midi outputs in browse mode. I don't get why performance mode has this when browsw mode hasn't.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make.

• Midi pc mapping for the midi outputs in browse mode. I don't get why performance mode has this when browsw mode hasn't.

The reason is, that the Rigs in Browse Pool are intended for universal use amongst users e. g. in order to be shared via Rig Exchange. Rigs also don't include your global settings. We don't want to infect these with user preferences or other stuff, which has nothing to do with the sound as such. For the next user downloading your Rig including your program changes it could trigger a strobo light and a fog machine. That's why it's intentionally part of Performance Mode.

• The reason is, that the Rigs in Browse Pool are intended for universal use amongst users e. g. in order to be shared via Rig Exchange. Rigs also don't include your global settings. We don't want to infect these with user preferences or other stuff, which has nothing to do with the sound as such. For the next user downloading your Rig including your program changes it could trigger a strobo light and a fog machine. That's why it's intentionally part of Performance Mode.

That makes a lot of sense. How about bank select commands and midi start/stop commands? These will be very handy to have incorporated into the midi capabilities of the Kemper.

• The reason is, that the Rigs in Browse Pool are intended for universal use amongst users e. g. in order to be shared via Rig Exchange. Rigs also don't include your global settings. We don't want to infect these with user preferences or other stuff, which has nothing to do with the sound as such. For the next user downloading your Rig including your program changes it could trigger a strobo light and a fog machine. That's why it's intentionally part of Performance Mode.

Makes sense.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make.

• I'm sure this may have been already mentioned, but some kind of CC capability would be great. I use my KPA to send commands out to a pair of Strymons, the real achilles heal of this being that I'm unable to turn the programmes on and off when they are loaded, so the ability to send a CC out to the footswitch as to whether it should be on or off, would be excellent!

• This is also on the list, but again a question of priorities.

If we would enhance the delay effects within the Profiler this might make external devices redundant and add much more value for the majority of Profiler users. Most of the time I read or hear about external effect devices looped in this seems to be related to delay gear.

• I also use a guitar synth with my Kemper.
    I just got the remote and love it....BUT, I still have to keep the Fishman FC-1 on my pedalboard to control my Triple Play and Yamaha Motif XS rack.

The Motif only does PC with MSB &LSB commands, so presently I cannot get the Kemper to handle all the PC's for me in Performance mode.
    I also need to use the sustain function sometimes, and the ability to use the tap button on the remote to do this (since I don't use it for anything now anyway) would be amazing for me.

I have been using the Kemper with a synth of some sort live for over 3 years now and patiently waiting for the day when I can use the & remote only for everything.

When the remote came out, the "octopus controller" claim led me to believe we would have full MIDI functionality and control over multiple devices and I only need it for 1 external device.

Please implement this as soon as possible, for me it is the number 1 needed feature and I have waited while a lot of other features that to me were not important have gotten priority.

But for the live player, which is the reason a lot of use the Kemper, this is a huge necessity.

Sorry for the rant, and no disrespect intended.

Burkhard, you were extremely classy and took a lot of time to show me morphing and all the new delays at NAMM this year and I don't want this to sound as though i am not happy with the Kemper product or the team.

This would just be the proverbial icing on the cake for me and end my search to solve the all in one problem.

• I have a FC1 controller inbound and was wondering about your situation. Wouldn't it be possible to send a midi signal from the Remote to the Kemper to change rigs, which would transmit a PC message to the FC1, which would send the MSB and LSB plus PC message to the Motif? This would get the FC1 off your board as it could be placed closer to the Motif and would involve just an extra midi cable from Kemper to the FC1.

Not too sure that the momentary switch signal can be passed on though.