How to have more than 10.000 rigs and still keep the KPA "clean"

• Maybe everyone knows this "trick", but i've never come across it and i want to share it.

• Tired of scrolling through hundreds of rigs?
    • Use the RM to preview profiles.
    • Keep your KPA clean. I do have actually only 7 left on my machine.
    • I play and record with my favourite rigs for clean, crunch and metal.
    • Record a dry track, reamp later and preview many, many rigs by double-clicking in the RIG Manager
    • Done. Cheers

My occupation: showing teenagers the many hidden secrets of the A-minor chord on the guitar.

• Yeah, I have upwards of about 1500 rigs, either from the exchange, purchased, or from the forums or around the web, that I have nicely filed in Rig Manager. I keep about 50 on my Kemper, but I really only use about 5 most of the time. The rest are for demo purposes ("DUDE YOU HAVE A KEMPER? LEMME HEAR WHAT IT CAN DO! CAN YOU DO METAL?" "why, yes, I can!") or for fooling around with when I actually have time to sit down and play.

Guitars: Parker Fly Mojo Flame, Ibanez RG7620 7-string, Legator Ninja 8-string, Fender Strat & Tele, Breedlove Pro C25
    Pedalboard: Templeboards Trio 43, Mission VM-1, Morley Bad Horsie, RJM Mini Effect Gizmo, 6 Degrees FX Sally Drive, Foxpedals The City, Addrock Ol' Yeller, RJM MMGT/22, Mission RJM EP-1, Strymon Timeline + BigSky
    Stack: Furman PL-Plus C, Kemper Rack

• Yeah, I have upwards of about 1500 rigs, either from the exchange, purchased, or from the forums or around the web, that I have nicely filed in Rig Manager. I keep about 50 on my Kemper, but I really only use about 5 most of the time. The rest are for demo purposes ("DUDE YOU HAVE A KEMPER? LEMME HEAR WHAT IT CAN DO! CAN YOU DO METAL?" "why, yes, I can!") or for fooling around with when I actually have time to sit down and play.

10659 rigs in total in the local library, it got to the point where i was more scrolling than playing. now that's the compromise and
    it took a while for RM to be released (remember, guys :evil: ????), but once it was there: bang!

My occupation: showing teenagers the many hidden secrets of the A-minor chord on the guitar.

• I only use double-clicking to initiate the mode so I can scroll using a keyboard's arrow keys.

Quicker.

yup, tried this, too, but i get ugly noises when i do this which are not {strange enough} present when i use double-click. Still the volume of many profiles is so high
    i have got to reduce the volume immediately, but i can live with it.

• It's really impossible to have all the profiles in the Kemper.

It can be crazy the amount of profiles you collect over the time, i was an early adopter back in the day so iv'e been collecting a pretty impressive amount of profiles.
    At this moment i have more than 400mb of just comercial profiles :wacko: (crazy stuff i know).

The rig manager is a godsend, back when i sold my first kemper it simply didn't exist.It a was a bit bothersome to test tones back in that day.

The kemper is like a good wine, each year it passes it becomes better.

• I only use double-clicking to initiate the mode so I can scroll using a keyboard's arrow keys.

Quicker.

Alternative: Select a rig and hit Enter.

Guitars: Parker Fly Mojo Flame, Ibanez RG7620 7-string, Legator Ninja 8-string, Fender Strat & Tele, Breedlove Pro C25
    Pedalboard: Templeboards Trio 43, Mission VM-1, Morley Bad Horsie, RJM Mini Effect Gizmo, 6 Degrees FX Sally Drive, Foxpedals The City, Addrock Ol' Yeller, RJM MMGT/22, Mission RJM EP-1, Strymon Timeline + BigSky

• Yeah, but to select one you have to click it, so clicking it twice is still quicker, Doug.

yup, tried this, too, but i get ugly noises when i do this which are not {strange enough} present when i use double-click.

Bummer Geraldo. I wonder what that is?

• I only have a few amps loaded, but many sweet spot profiles for the same amp. I think 5 amp types is more than enough to carry on the unit to gigs..

The key to everything is patience.
    You get the chicken by hatching the egg, not by smashing it.
    -- Arnold H. Glasow

If it doesn't produce results, don't do it.

-- Me

• I'm not sure how this is possible? All my profiles are about 5K bytes each. This would mean that 400MB would be around 80,000 profiles!!

It's a disease i admit :D

Being a early Kemper adopter i amassed an huge library of profiles trough time, it's really not difficult to reach those numbers.One day you buy single profiles, other bundles...and when you know you have this enormous collection.

• Stupid question from a new user. How do I move profiles from the Kemper to RM?

You should open a new thread or search the forum for answers instead of posting in an existing thread about an unrelated issue.

However, that said, welcome. If you have the Kemper and your computer connected properly, and are running Rig Manager, copying rigs from the Kemper to Rig Manager is a matter of simply dragging and dropping. You can create folders as well to organize your rigs. Your Kemper, once connected, will show up in the sidebar in Rig Manager, and you can browse from there. If, for some reason, it doesn't show up, you might want to try an alternative USB cable.