Single Thread for Everything, or Individual Threads?

• with the limited space, there always will be competition for being listed on the first page. breaking the threads down will at least ensure that users can see that something is new from the thread's title. otherwise we will have e.g. 20 monolith threads dominating the space and you have to go through them in order to read the actual news. but we are certainly open to refine the system, let's see how this pans out, okay?
    gs

Edit: Yes, I think I got you wrong. You are saying pretty much the same here. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Don't know if I get you correct here, but I think TAF is a good example of a good way to structure his portfolio:

• One thread per amp/bundle.

Because: This way you don't have to search pages and pages within a thread over and over again if you want info on a certain amp/bundle released a while back. Sure, this increases the main list in the commercial column, but hence the request for short and meaningful titles. And there's a search function, once configured to the title alone, it will throw out all available amp/bundles regarding what you're searching for! :)

Just my 2c, though there seems to be a tendency here.

Gear: Strats & KPA. Plug Ins: Cubase, NI, iZotope, Slate, XLN, Spectrasonics.
    Music: Song from my former band: vimeo.com/10419626[/media][/media][/media] Something new on the way...

Edited once, last by Fireloogie ().

• My suggestion would to be one thread per commercial seller then they can just update the first post when they have new packs. Less clutter on the forum then all the pack announcements are in the same place.

If running out of space in the first post is an issue, then a commercial seller can "reserve" the first 3, 5 ,10 (whatever is potentially needed) by posting right away when opening the thread so that those post are saved for future edits.

• as you can see, we're trying to improve the structure of the relevant forum section. let's see how this works. i wonder if now is a good time to make a cut and close all the old commercial threads so people can read them but not re-activate them. This way we'd have an actual chance to migrate to the new structure fairly quick. what do you think?
    gs

I prefer one thread per pack/per offering with no caps, please.
    But what improvement would a closure/locking of older threads be?

• Just some notes from an old timer.

Since I was the first seller of profiles - I know that we got a lot of changes in the past years.

I tried to put as much information & announcements as possible in my SINGLE post called 'Soundside News: .....' for years.

Later startet Andy to sell profiles as well and all was fine.

Now we get more and more sellers of profiles - which is fine for me - competition is always good - and so I strongly agree that we need some changes.

I would prefer a single news thread for each seller - to avoid all the clutter.

If I would start to write 67 threads (one for each of my packs) would that help?

Of course is there some bumping - when anybody makes an announcement and gets pushed down by long thread titles or 10th of post from the same seller - then we NEED to bump threads to get seen again.

So IMHO would it be great to have one news thread per seller - and only the seller should be able to post entries into this thread.

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

Great Profiles --> soundside.de

Edited once, last by Armin ().

• If I would start to write 67 thread (one for each of my packs) would that help?

Would be great to break your offerings down into categories then, e.g. vintage, modern, ... or, even better, into brands (however you have to call them these days :) ). I simply do not consider the number of single threads the problem, but the mess within each thread. Remeber that the search engine can be configured to read out the thread title only.

But let's see what others think.

Music: Song from my former band: vimeo.com/10419626[/media][/media][/media] Something new on the way...

• Would be great to break your offerings down into categories then, e.g. vintage, modern, ... or, even better, into brands

Well, I see, that again would mean udating a thread regularly is necessary. So maybe not much of a win here. Hm...

• okay, I see, this is not so easy. how about this?

One thread for one product/pack or one thread for everything. You decide but you cannot have both. Update the thread only, if you want to relay news.

Get in touch with Profiler online support team here

• Of course is there some bumping - when anybody makes an announcement and gets pushed down by long thread titles or 10th of post from the same seller - then we NEED to bump threads to get seen again.
    So IMHO would it be great to have one news thread per seller - and only the seller should be able to post entries into this thread.

we will not allow bumping anymore. what i mean is stupid bumping and without going into details, the ones familiar with the matter will understand what i mean. Relaying real news is not bumping and fully okay. but "participating in the discussion" needs to move to the discussion section instead of the announcement section.
    Unfortunately, making the seller the only person allowed to post within the thread is technically difficult (unless somebody points me into the right direction)

Get in touch with Profiler online support team here

• So IMHO would it be great to have one news thread per seller - and only the seller should be able to post entries into this thread.

That sounds reasonable and would certainly serve the overview.
    I want to note that a discussion or feedback regarding the offered profiles is more complicated, if only the seller has write permission.
    In the one discussion part for all sellers hardly an overview will be possible.
    A invocation, just discussions or comments regarding the seller and/or his offer would be more pragmatic?
    Otherwise only a thread with titel regarding to the thread of the seller could avoid confusion. But that means same amount of threads in the discussion part.

Edited once, last by Sharry ().

• Separating the discussion from the announcement would be genius IMO

If it would be possible to lock threads for the creators only that would make a lot of sense.

If every seller had a single thread it would be pretty easy to shop for new stuff. I'd put a bit more effort into making that one thread navigate able easily.
    You also have to take into consideration, if only the seller posts in such a single thread, then it gets a lot less cluttered to look through for customers.

And the discussion about that is separated in the other sub section. IMO that would be the most effective way!

• Separating the discussion from the announcement would be genius IMO

but that's exactly the way it is set up now (since today):

- Third party Rigs discussion
    Discuss commercial offerings here

- Commercial Announcements
    News and announcements from third party rig collection authors. Do not discuss competitive product here.

• Let each seller have it's own thread and all is fine - if a seller can create multiple thread then all is as it's today - a lot of clutter and every seller will try to get as many of his own threads on page one - regardless if they add 'news' or just bump by posting 'pseudo news'.

Would be easy to allow only sellers to post into that section - as into the beta section - and setup a single thread for each seller.

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

Great Profiles --> soundside.de

• I'd vote for a single thread for each seller too , much easier to keep things clean and pack all the infos in a single rich thread.

I'd even go further , a single category for each 'referenced' seller , with multiple threads inside , all related to this seller :

1commercial
    1.1seller
    1.1.1 pack1
    1.1.2 pack2
    1.2 seller 2
    1.2.1 pack1
    1.2.2 pack2

• I deeply appreciate the effort and initiative of moderators to calm down this advertising mess. Part of this forum became very loud in a not pleasant way. Usually loud is good, but this was not the case. :(
    This initiative will bring some kind of order to commercial subforum. I also believe there are many of us, who are not interested in buying profiles at all and don't want to see these ads every day in "Unread posts" list. So my question is: Is it possible to exclude subforum of my choice from Unread Post list somewhere in the settings? I am afraid it is not possible. :( Therefore i have following suggestion:
    Would it be possible to add word "COMMERCIAL" or "ADVERTISEMENT" (uppercase) to start of every commercial announcement thread name, so that all of us, who are not interested in buying profiles at all will not be forced to read these ads in Unread posts list?
    When I come to Kemper forum I go directly to Unread posts and many times, I am forced to read all those profile packs ads. And most of the time, there are good 10+ posts and that's annoying. If there was some kind of optical differentiation between normal posts and commercial ads, I could skip it without reading.
    Thank you.