Show your latest guitar

• Well, new guitar day kind of sucked! The thing plays beautiful! No real damage on the outside of the box, but that point on the PRS head even went through the gig-bag leaving a small hole. Musicians Friend is sending another one. I got this on the Stupid Deal for $499 (regular $899).

I negotiated another $75 off and will fix this one. Awesome PRS for only $425 ;)

The fretwork on this thing is amazing!

• Have way to many guitars :)

But 8)

... I am working on my metal skills again atm... and getting more and more tired of fretwear, unplug instrument / changing batteries, adjusting floyd rose, uncomfortable arm rest / bridge, grabbing another guitar for only some clean parts.

So needed a new uncompromising Metal workhorse that is still pretty flexible if needed :S

Passive pickups - splittable, comfortable arm contour, comfortable fixed bridge and jumbo stainless steel frets...

... the Schecter PT Apocalypse ticks all the boxes for me right now.

• Latest addition to the herd. Fender Aerodyne P Bass. Local music store is shutting down one of their stores and had a clearance sale. Got this for $800. Action was too high but intonation was spot on. I've set it up and it's now my favorite Bass (I have 3). After I get through playing around with it I'll put on a set of Light (45-95) Flatwound strings on it. It sounds great as is but I prefer the feel of flatwounds for bass.

"Faith don't need no second opinion"

Edited once, last by Edward Dixon ().

• Well, I had to rent a storage unit for my Guitar cases :D

There are 48 cases there, because I don't have cases for all of my guitars!

I got an inside climate controlled 10x10 unit. Took a few trips to get them all there. I told my wife there is plenty of room there for more! (she was not amused) X( Actually she was fine...she understands my addiction!

• I love tele's....thats very nice!

• This has been my dream guitar for a number of years. When it went on sale at a local shop, I didn’t resist. It’s not a vintage or American-made Guild, but it plays and sounds like nothing I’ve ever tried before.

Through my KPP loaded with Rigbusters’ AC30 Liquid Profile, those mini-buckers produce the chime and grime I heard in my head!

• Absolute Bargain NGD.

Had no intention of buying a guitar, 🎸 n fact I have sold 3 over the last couple of years and bought none intentionally limiting myself to 3 electric, 1 bass and 1 acoustic.

But I woke up this morning to a public holiday here down under and decided to window shop the local classifieds over coffee and bang a 2011 Fender MIM road worn HSS Strat in showroom condition for pick up 15 minutes away.

This one has was only offered for two years in Inca silver and CAR.

Seymour Duncan Pearly Gates in the bridge paired with Tex Mex single coils.

Modern c neck, medium jumbo frets and rosewood fretboard just like my main squeeze 2014 American Standard.

Sounds great, only qualms are the cookie cutter relic job and slightly pale fretboard but more then made up for by the feel and fit which are superb.

The other stand out, the super silky feel of the neck. Unlike the lacquer body it’s polyurethane but somehow they have treated it to feel like I would imagine a well played nitro 50 year Fender would feel, incredible but how they did it I don’t know.

So the price, $899 AUD / $585 USD / $546 EU / $468 GBP. and they seem rather rare.

Here’s a video in German that is exactly like mine. (Don’t know how to post picks)

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Another

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

New talent management advice to Laura Cox -

“Laura want to break the internet? let’s shoot another video of you covering the Nightrain solo in the blue singlet, but this time we’ll crank up the air conditioning”.

Edited once, last by Delinquent ().

• My "in progress" project guitar which started as a Squier contemporary strat in shell pink, which I have sprayed neon orange (partially successful), added a reverse headstock neck and changed the pickups. The donor guitar was cheap and actually I'm paying for it using some money I had from leaving my previous role. I hasten to add the neck fitting and set up will be done by a professional ha!