The other camp - Axe-Fx II Quantum 2.00 Public Beta Deux

• Now that I own both units i find a new level of entertainment in these threads

BREAKING NEWS! NEW AXE FIRMWAREZ OUT

QUANTUM BETA 3.0 : TOSSER PRO!
    So pro you don't even know!
    Now you too, can win the fists of fury guitar competition with ease and win the coveted wanker of the year award...
    With this in your arsenal, you will be unstoppable.
    Remember all the compliments, forget all the insults. TM

... and ASG...

Anal Sodium Glutamate?
    That was a source of much negativity. Sadly I think that persona was flying a few nuggets short of a happy meal, but I should not be negative and take anything away, so mebbe rephrase this as having a few bats in the belfry... The other, much worse alternative is this was not a "real" person, but one, or several poor writers (hired or such) to create negativity, for a specific goal. This happens all the time on the net, however this had crossed some very bad lines. There are no AD standards on the net, those are usually done nationally, and this would have earned a serious fine in many places... But you can't get jurisdiction established, and not easy to prove who did what, etc... If it was someone who was so estranged, then pathos would say, how bad it must be to feel like that, and hope they get better--I was 100% dead serious about them getting help, and the response that I accused them of an illness just shows twisting language poorly... you can't be accused of being sick, it is not a crime... As for an intentional attempt to generate negativity, that's not good, and this was zero tolerance not good, and whoever would be involved in such a thing really needs to work on their decent human being skills--all I am going to say on that.

Disclaimer and some serious stuff:

Ya there has been some negativity, and all kinds of shenanigans, probably more as of late. I can own up to some of the immaturity, since
    I have a very broad sense of humour, and never say no to a laugh are very wise words imo. Negativity and bizarre feature requests, not me.. Tho you can't blame new
    KPA users for unusual ideas, and sometimes a fresh set of eyes can come up with a really good idea or way of looking at things. Mebbe some info here will balance out some of the
    immaturity ;)

Also, looking from past experience on "how these threads usually go", it is possible, but I don't see anything wrong with some light harmless fun. Don't take things too seriously, only just as much seriousness as is needed... As far as FAS marketing goes, I find it over the top, and am pretty sure that anyone who writes, or understands ad copy will get the joke too--the better ones are a very funny and depraved bunch.

Being honest I should say I have nothing against Axe & co. have never used one, but would for sure if I got the chance. So none of this is any possible comment on the gear. Some here say that it has some good things to it, so this helps cut thru the web hype. But mail order, batch assembly line, and prolly drop ship /= boutique. That is a fancy word for a fancy place, where if you have to ask what something costs it is probably not for you. Conjures up images to being spoiled with champagne, caviar, or proper chocolate bon bons while you look at fancy things to buy. Some even made to your exact wishes.. It is good we have amp makers like this (the custom part)...

And as for the old post: who is CC? my guess? part Chef Boyardee, part Oscar the Grouch, part Wile E. Coyote---with all those acme components in some cave that end up in disaster-- and part who knows what else.

However, these are only impressions I see from his public image, what his pr/ad ppl, his detractors (possibly also part of his pr machine) etc. have said. Tony Mackenzie seems an ardent anti fan of his. Take all of this with a grain of salt (not anal sodium glutamate either, as this will probably leave a very bad taste).

I never met CC, so who knows, he could be a really nice guy. He is a multi-millionaire, and is not a world class engineer if axe is all he has done. I can show you examples of such engineers, and the difference will be evident. One defense of their constant firmware upgrades, modelling cheap components (old, crappy, cheap parts with +/- 10% error in value ranges) that just happen to sometimes combine in a way that sounds very good must be hellish to do. That 10% error only gets worse with age, and you hear a cry R2 can't you increase the B+ capacitance!! I cant do it captain, I just don't have the quantum. Nerdy stuff indeed. But I do hope they keep at it,and come out with some killer new features that lots of people will enjoy.

In any entertainment industry there is only ONE thing worse than being talked about, and that is not being talked about.

The best example I can give of this is a link to a satirical review hub about a t shirt--funny stuff--which illustrates what kind of things can be written on the web, sure it is a bit of trolling, immature, funny, but it is positive, and shows how easily hype can be generated, while boosting sales of this now famous t shirt. 5 stars, 1500 plus reviews :
    http://www.amazon.com/The-Moun…hort-Sleeve/dp/B002HJ377A

And for you Mank? I am guessing that a guy who has an interface made from unicorns you will especially be interested in this fine product:
    http://www.amazon.com/Think-Ge…nicorn-Meat/dp/B004CRYE2C

• ... never say no to a laugh are very wise words imo.

Aw shucks, 'Dalfster. [Kicks stones on ground...]

And for you Mank? I am guessing that a guy who has an interface made from unicorns you will especially be interested in this fine product:
    http://www.amazon.com/Think-Ge…nicorn-Meat/dp/B004CRYE2C

Gee, thank you, Gandalf. Superb product by the look of it.

Some of the reviews are pretty funny.

Whilst there I discovered a couple o' products through the "Also Bought" recommendations that I like the look of, but I can't choose which to buy for my "studio":

Amazon.com: The Official BS Button

Amazon.com: That's Bullshit! Button

I'm thinking maybe the second one, but TBH I'd really rather the Damn! button 'cause I could hit it any time something cool is played / done in my "studio". The Applause button, you'd think, would've been perfect but judging by the reviews it's a flop.

Amazon.com: Damn! Button

I'll bet you're glad your posts can lead to such valuable outcomes for we Kemperites, Gandalf. :D

• 'Waits for dean'

I'm actually waiting to see the demo, I heard they will have video and audio clips that compare the AXE II models with the real amp that they claimed was modeled. Finally they're going to put to rest the accusations that all the modeling was based on Schematics. Holy S**ttt, we are finally going to see one of the amps that they claimed to have modeled modeled!!! I can't even type from the excitement! I await with bated breath 8o

I personally couldn't find any pictures of the amps they claimed to have modeled when I was in the market for a modeler, but now I will be proven wrong when they show a video (no less) of one of the amps they modeled.(Sarcasm alert ) LOL

• Personally I think this is another useless thread going nowhere.
    And like all the threads before dealing with *that* same topic it will continue until everybody will have expressed his opinion.
    It would be a great example of this forum's maturity if this very thread would simply die naturally.

How is it useless if it provides comic relief to many!! Why should fractal or any company or public figure be protected from being the subject of a joke. People need comedy and need to get a sense of humor. Even if the joke is on me sometimes, I don't mind if it make someone laugh

laughter is the best medicine!!

Bring on the jokes.

• ...The only real diference bettewen the two forums maybe is that you have some users who are registered on the Kemper forum bashing the Kemper unit on the fractal forum (crazy stuff i know)....

Oh no. that's old news. These individuals are known in the internet as the "AXE Police". They infiltrate most forums to disrupt any negative messages about Fractal or AXE FX. The gear page is riddled with them. One of the owners there is a huge AXE Fan and will delete posts and ban users if they negatively talk about the AXE FX. That's no lie or Joke. It's actually not funny.

• Oh no. that's old news. These individuals are known in the internet as the "AXE Police". They infiltrate most forums to disrupt any negative messages about Fractal or AXE FX. The gear page is riddled with them. One of the owners there is a huge AXE Fan and will delete posts and ban users if they negatively talk about the AXE FX. That's no lie or Joke. It's actually not funny.

This.

I've pretty much given up posting on TGP. Too many moments where I roll my eyes, but don't you dare disagree with them. It's the Holier Than Thou forum.

The key to everything is patience.
    You get the chicken by hatching the egg, not by smashing it.
    -- Arnold H. Glasow

If it doesn't produce results, don't do it.

-- Me

• Oh no. that's old news. These individuals are known in the internet as the "AXE Police". They infiltrate most forums to disrupt any negative messages about Fractal or AXE FX. The gear page is riddled with them. One of the owners there is a huge AXE Fan and will delete posts and ban users if they negatively talk about the AXE FX. That's no lie or Joke. It's actually not funny.

who? Scott?

I dont believe he deletes negative axe posts. If he does, shame on him. I have a hard time believing that he does though. He seems like a solid dude.

• I've followed digital modeling for quite a while, and I've witnessed users completely disappear/deleted with all of their posts/contents from the gear page by scott because of their negative posts about the AXE FX.

Truthfully that's a very good reason why I despise Fractal for following suite and making up lies about KPA. It's not politically correct of me to say this, but it's the truth, unequivocal to many who watched that forum.

Bulldozing Freedom of speech is not a joke and is despicable.

• My experience at this Forum is that no posting is cleared by the Mod's, which critically deals with the Kemper apart, as long as there is respectful treatment together here.
    But I noticed many times an intervention, when even diehard Kemper fans fails in that convention.
    It needs not to have same opinions, but it needs some respectful treatment.

One reason why I like to be active here, although I normally don't use social media.

• Lighten up people. As long as it doesn't get too personal, it is completely acceptable in my opinion. The bullshit hype that surrounds the Axe is completely ridiculous. But its working for them (I also had one - well two actuality in the past) We have seen a shitload of firmware updates and so called epiphanies, and each one was a complete game changer and resulted in pure gold standard tube amp tone... Come on! It IS FUNNY. Of course the Axe is a good unit. Hell, an amazing one, but the bullshit hype is pretty funny from an objective point of view.

• but the bullshit hype is pretty funny from an objective point of view.

Could it be that we have different preferences for Humor. ;)
    Could be the difference on age. :whistling:

Really solutions on a long run never were find with confrontation.
    Also in private environment this platitude has some piece of thruth.

• How is it useless if it provides comic relief to many!! Why should fractal or any company or public figure be protected from being the subject of a joke. People need comedy and need to get a sense of humor. Even if the joke is on me sometimes, I don't mind if it make someone laugh

laughter is the best medicine!!

Bring on the jokes.

Well, who needs to make fun constantly of others using an age-old joke really seems to need it... :whistling:
    (The x % realer joke was funny, for a short time, many years ago).
    And believe it or not you already have managed to form an internet persona that shows an agenda and sounds like a broken record.

• The best example I can give of this is a link to a satirical review hub about a t shirt--funny stuff--which illustrates what kind of things can be written on the web, sure it is a bit of trolling, immature, funny, but it is positive, and shows how easily hype can be generated, while boosting sales of this now famous t shirt. 5 stars, 1500 plus reviews :
    http://www.amazon.com/The-Moun…hort-Sleeve/dp/B002HJ377A

Gandalf, thanks for the link. The reviews of that product are comedy gold. I must have spent an hour reading through them, and laughing my ass off. Good stuff.

Cheers,
    John

• It has been interesting reading how the Fractal owners can be so defensive about their product and how much better it is than anything else out there. Perhaps part of it is the thought that they had the best modeler on the planet, and then Kemper comes along and gives them a serious challenge in the eyes of the industry. All of a sudden big touring acts as well as name studios have Kempers in widespread use, obviously displacing the Fractal that might have been in its place. They no longer have to constantly tweak the Fractal to get it to sound like the real amps, they just take a profile and they are there. And the ability to take profiles made during recording on stage is amazing.

Part of the Fractal response seems to be some sort of nervousness. This is hard to figure out as the Fractal and Kemper are two different world class products with different uses, and can even be complimentary. I wonder if Fractal is nervous because Line 6 just seriously upstaged the AX8 with the Helix. It has the same approximate price point, similar effects versatility, and a UI to die for. It frankly made the AX8 look like an old school piece of machinery. I'm sure the AX8 is better than the Helix in amp tones, but since you can go into most any GC and try out a Helix, probably only those in the know will spring for the AX8.

Some of what Fractal does seems to be playing catch-up with Kemper (their version of tone matching and their take on PureCab) as well. But I find it immensely cool that CK and the folks at Kemper keep going along to "follow their own funky path" (to quote Undercover Brother), constantly rethinking the modeler and effects and giving us new tones and features.

And believe it or not you already have managed to form an internet persona that shows an agenda and sounds like a broken record.

Well, broken record or not, I assure you I still have a sense of humor, which is something you need to work on. If you're not interested in this thread or my broken record, you can skip or ignore, but your "control freak" persona is also evident and prevents you from doing the obvious.

Edit: In case you're not aware what the obvious is, it's an ignore button that I'm sure Kemper forum has, or unsubscribe from some threads if you already know that they sound like a broken record to you.

Edited 5 times, last by Dean_R ().

• Personally, I think it's funny as well... As long as there's no ill-will, why not have a little fun?
    If you don't share the sense of humor - why not just let it be and let others have a bit of fun... No harm done... think about it :)