The other camp - Axe-Fx II Quantum 2.00 Public Beta Deux

• Personally I think this is another useless thread going nowhere.
    And like all the threads before dealing with *that* same topic it will continue until everybody will have expressed his opinion.
    It would be a great example of this forum's maturity if this very thread would simply die naturally.

Amen.

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

And like all the threads before dealing with *that* same topic it will continue until everybody will have expressed his opinion.
    It would be a great example of this forum's maturity if this very thread would simply die naturally.

I can't see anything immature to make fun of using theta-petro-ultrum words to describe new groundbreaking firmware.
    This thread will die, as the thread of Remote Foot Control died and many more did, including Reverse Delays requests, 'cause finally it's coming soon.
    But please don't kill it. We (me at least) do like to make fun of funny things, which Deux is for sure in this case.
    I'm not sure to "which" maturity you refer @Ingolf but I do connect it with sense of humor ;)

• Well, I'm not in the position to kill threads.
    And personally I don't see anything humorous in Quantum II either. From all the experience we gained with similar threads before that were started with the Intention of 'having some fun' I'd say you're acting more like an agent provocateur here @skoczy.
    Let me just say I dislike it.

• @Ingolf - I feel like there must be a full moon or something in the water lately. The post quality has just been off for the past few weeks. So much negativity and bizarre feature requests.

Maybe it's me. Is it always like this close to NAMM?

Husband, Father, Pajama Enthusiast

• Whenever CK releases an updated reverb he should name it Realerverb....'cause, you know......

The key to everything is patience.
    You get the chicken by hatching the egg, not by smashing it.
    -- Arnold H. Glasow

If it doesn't produce results, don't do it.

-- Me

• I wonder why Cliff used "guesstimate" values for any component at all when he could have actually measured them. I mean, isn't that what component modelling is all about?

Oh... of course... ya gotta leave room for "realer" somewhere, no?

I'm serious. I feel this is a legitimate question.

C'mon Ingolf, this is funny, isn't it?

Never say no to a laugh, I say.

@Ingolf - I feel like there must be a full moon or something in the water lately. The post quality has just been off for the past few weeks. So much negativity and bizarre feature requests.

Maybe it's me. Is it always like this close to NAMM?

NAMM fever. The high blood temperatures affect the brain.

That said, I mentioned this yesterday, hinting that it looked to me as if the Fractal fanbois might be infiltrating this forum in order to try to cut the Kemper down any way they can in this "moment of glory" for our beloved beasties. This makes sense when one considers that the latest strides have been in the very area where all and sundry have argued the Axe reigns supreme.

Who knows? I'd be curious as to the result of an empirical assessment of the frequency and nature of "impossible" newbie feature requests as well as comments such as, "The Kemper doesn't do such and such so I'll probably have to buy an Axe FX".

We are mostly guitar players here. Nothing serious about it :)

"realerverb" lol...

• I've never been to the FAS website forum, but from what I hear it's all a bunch of Fractal fans furiously and desperately defending their amp of choice and bashing the "other" guy.

This thread, possibly to a lesser degree, seems to be veering in that direction.

I remember hearing about the Axe years ago and being very intrigued. Everybody was saying, "it's finally been done...tube sound and feel using digital technology. We are 100% there"
    Then firmware after firmware it's been, "Sounds even better than before", "improved tube modelling" etc etc etc.

Then of course people make fun and say things like, "125% more realer."

But consider for a moment that even though we all are convinced that the KPA has actually done what Fractal claimed to have done years ago, it's very possible that Kemper will some day discover some new way of profiling...some more accurate way. Or maybe, like with Pure Cab, some way of making an FRFR sound more "in the room". (I'm personally not convinced that PC has done this yet, but I'm not unconvinced either - jury's out for me).

The point I'm trying to make is that the mud slinging, however harmless it may seem, is pointless...and we may be, hopefully, in for even more realer profiling ourselves someday.

Last point: Fractal is first and foremost a business. Probably born out of a love of guitar tone and technology, but a business nonetheless. Of course they're going to keep trying to improve their products. And Kemper will do the same.

And in the end we all win.

• Well, I'm not in the position to kill threads.
    And personally I don't see anything humorous in Quantum II either. From all the experience we gained with similar threads before that were started with the Intention of 'having some fun' I'd say you're acting more like an agent provocateur here @skoczy.
    Let me just say I dislike it.

I feel privileged to quote master soul of this forum, and I mean it. No offence intended @Ingolf :)
    Yep, I like being provocative, but I'm not going personal anyday. Never.
    If I harmed the virtual magnificence of name Deux, let my guitar cable burn whenever inserted into AXE FX.
    Then I could ask why would you assume, that maturity is the direction this community should follow ;)
    And I dedicate you some kind of joke - again with no harm intended:

Little boy came once to mother and said to her:
    - Mummy, when I grow up I wanna play the guitar.
    - You can't do both son -
    said mom.

If you don't see anything humorous in firmware names, good then. I don't see anything humorous, valuable or interesting in threads about Kemper Remote and there are tons of them. Sigh!!! I don't own Remote :whistling:
    Let me just say I just dislike being mature on the Internet ;)

• I don't like to pick on others, not my nature but very few companies in history have set themselves up to be the brunt of jokes as much as Fractal. It's like the Nazi's, you just knew the 3 Stooges were going there and it was gonna be hilarious. Let the entertainment continue...

Go to the fractal forum and in the search box put the word "kemper".

It's not very diferent from what you read around there, they bash and mock the Kemper unit(or the helix etc etc) everytime the subject comes to a conversation.

The only real diference bettewen the two forums maybe is that you have some users who are registered on the Kemper forum bashing the Kemper unit on the fractal forum (crazy stuff i know).

I really like the Fractal Unit, a friend of mine as an Axe Fx II and it's a really cool device.
    Personaly I just don't get their marketing strategy, beacuse like i said it's super contradictory. Just that.