Commercial profiles...really worth it?

• I am considering purchasing some commercial profiles but it is a tough decision because it is not possible to preview most of the commercial profiles before purchase. I have tried so "free" versions of profiles that have be provided by commercial profile sellers, but I don't find them to be much better than some of the profiles available in the Rig Exchange. What make the commercial profiles really worth purchasing? Are there any suggestions to which ones I should consider? I am looking for high gain and bass profiles for metal and I am also looking for the elusive top notch acoustic profile, if this even exists.

• I would answer 'yes' be but forewarned that it is a deep rabbit hole - how far down do you want (can you afford) to go? If your budget is tight I would recommend really perusing the free rigs available both on RE, download here, and from the various vendors and find out what really works for you in terms of tone. You may be surprised that some amps, even with excellent profiles, aren't what you thought - I was. Also, know your intended use and guitars you will use them with. That way, when you do decide you want to invest in commercial profiles, you can make educated decisions.

But if you have the budget, hell, jump right in! LOL!

• My take is that commercial profiles are worth it. There are 1 or 2 gems on the rig exchange but with 7000 profiles there that's a lot of searching. My Fav is the Amp Factory I've always got on with Andys profiles and own all of them. Other users on here like MBritt, Soundside etc I think it depends on what your after and what you yourself regard as a good profile. I suggest buying just 1 or 2 first of all to get a feel of what they are like, and then this might steer you in the right direction

• Having purchased a number of commercial rigs I would say they are worth it in my experience. The previously mentioned MBritt and Amp factory profiles are very high quality. Also you i'd recommend you check out Guidorist, i have a number of his profiles all of which are excellent and as they are smaller packs for around €3.49 you can give them a try without too much of an investment to see if they work for you.

• Having purchased a number of commercial rigs I would say they are worth it in my experience. The previously mentioned MBritt and Amp factory profiles are very high quality. Also you i'd recommend you check out Guidorist, i have a number of his profiles all of which are excellent and as they are smaller packs for around €3.49 you can give them a try without too much of an investment to see if they work for you.

+1 for guidorist and sinmix
    If you are a strat player bert meujlendyk is top of the list.
    Only my two cents and i have tried a lot of commercial profiles. You can hear some examples on my soundcloud.
    Link below

cheers
    Frank

• +1 for guidorist and sinmix
    Only my two cents and i have tried a lot of commercial profiles. You can hear some examples on my soundcloud.
    Link below

cheers
    Frank

Unfortunately there is no Link!

• Obvioulsly guys like TAF(andy),TopJimi or Mbritt (and some other guys) are worth every penny.I just started a demo for a friend of mine and will use this TAF-matchless profile for the leads;

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

And while we are at it..are these clicks my problem or is it "soundcloud"´s problem;

• There are 5 acoustic factory rigs,and on the RE I found another dozen more or less.
    For commercial acoustic rigs check for example Rigbusters'.
    Soundside has produced rigs from acoustic guitars' bodies.

• There is no need to purchase commercial RIG's.
    A lot of very good Rigs are for free download in the Rig exchange reaching professional quality. It needs just to search.

But it's an exciting journey to look what professional Profiler are doing. (The percentage of good Rigs is much higher than in the RE in my opinion)
    Some of them are mentioned in this thread and all was good but not always for my taste.
    But it helped me to find my taste and I learned a lot about tweaking by analysing that RIGs.

The money that I paid was worth for me.

Edited once, last by Sharry ().

• Hi, I think they are worth it , there is tons of excellent rigs on R.E but a commercial pack is somewhat better in terms of professionalism , with equal levels between the rigs and EQ balanced , but also with proper tagging & naming.

• Commercial profiles can be a very scary proposition. You can sample the free stuff sometimes, but other times you have to rely on other people's clips or just word of mouth before you cough up the cash. Some of them can be very expensive too.

That said, I have some commercial profiles and believe they are much better than the stuff you can get on the rig exchange, barring some real gems like rmpacheco's AC20 or djemass' Mesa Boogie profiles.

I, like others, can also recommend Sinmix very highly. His high gain tones are unbelievable, but there are also some clean sounds in his packs that I really like.

I used to be one of the guys who said that I would never buy profiles, but have changed my mind about that. It's not like you cannot do without commercial profiles, some of the stuff put out for free by the Kemper team and other users are really good, I recently stumbled on a tone released by Keith Merrow on the rig exchange that I really liked.

But if you find a commercial profiler with tones you like, it can really expand your palette of sounds.

• @Eltzejupp:
    Found you on Sounccloud.
    Thanks!
    What rig did you use for the beginning Strat Solo in the Song "Satrianis until we say goodby improvisation"?

Sorry, cant remember it maybe
    i can find it out this evening, but i am not shure. I will try it, if i find it i inform you seperately because i dont want to highjack this threat.
    cheers
    Frank

• [quote='smalltornados','http://www.kemper-amps.com/forum/index.php/Thread/27401-Commercial-profiles-really-worth-it/?postID=287917#post287917']
    Link below

cheers
    Frank

Frank, you're right and thanks haha but it is Bert Meulendijk instead of what you typed which is also a nice name ;)
    http://www.bmprofiles.com