why is sinmix banned again ???

• Damien Greda came up with some very good stuff (I remember him being involved in some very technical discussions and I think he was also putting together some kind of editor) and was very helpful. I am quite disappointed to learn that he was banned and will not be back. I am also pretty sure that Sinmix will eventually be banned for good, probably over something trivial like exceeding a 60-character count in a thread title. Seems that getting busted on a technicality is how it's done in the real world. I mean honestly, you'd expect there to be a limit on characters that can be entered, rather than warnings and bans for exceeding a character count. Does that make sense to anyone? How many letters was he over the character count? I'll note that there is a 10,000 character count for posts, and you cannot exceed it, because the post does not take place. Why not something like that for a thread title?The infamous $50 thread was asking for trouble and if someone called BS on a tall claim, it was fair game. Guys seem to have no problem with Lasse Lammert saying that his profiles are better than anyone else's (he explicitly states that is why he is charging $50), but if Sinmix says the same thing, it's apparently bad form. If you don't want people posting on your thread, go create your own website where you maintain admin rights. And if you can't stand criticism, get off the effin' internet.

there is a difference between criticism and being a douchebag. There are at least 3 other guys that do better work than sinmix and act like actual people.

Still, I think nightlight stated his case very well.

Personally, I don't mind Sin's somewhat abrasive sense of humour and occasional flirtation with the "law". It helps keep things interesting, makes for a more authentic reflection of life outside of the forum, and in any event, IMHO, even with our caged animal (the SinMan!) on the loose, our little home remains, for all intents and purposes, a comparatively-benign sanctuary in the world of guitar-centric forums. I can't think of another, excluding Christian ones, that even comes close.

I haven't perused all of them, so I'm no expert; I can only go by what I've seen...

• Personally, I don't mind Sin's somewhat abrasive sense of humour and occasional flirtation with the "law". It helps keep things interesting, makes for a more authentic reflection of life outside of the forum, and in any event, IMHO, even with our caged animal (the SinMan!) on the loose, our little home remains, for all intents and purposes, a comparatively-benign sanctuary in the world of guitar-centric forums. I can't think of another, excluding Christian ones, that even comes close.
    I haven't perused all of them, so I'm no expert; I can only go by what I've seen...

I like this statement and I can signed it fully :thumbup:
    Just one other thought. It needs not to love everbody and be loved by every body.
    This could not be the reason to have the right to stay here.
    Its enough place here for different people with different taste.

BTW: In the metal scene, I watched a lot of more strange behaviours. :D

• Peto wrote:
    From what Damian told me today, it was 2 characters over 60 chars limit.

please elaborate

Really nothing to elaborate here. I just passed information I had from trusted source (Damian). That's all.
    I don't understand why are you asking me to elaborate the topic on which you (moderators) are more informed than us?
    Is it any kind of game? Many of us are curious on what really happened and why was Grzegorz banned again. By not saying anything, you just help spreading any disinformation and flame...

• Really nothing to elaborate here. I just passed information I had from trusted source (Damian). That's all.
    I don't understand why are you asking me to elaborate the topic on which you (moderators) are more informed than us?
    Is it any kind of game? Many of us are curious on what really happened and why was Grzegorz banned again. By not saying anything, you just help spreading any disinformation and flame...

maybe it is just confusing because we have forum names and real names here. when you quote from "Damian" and earlier posters are making mention of Damian Greda, I wonder if you're talking about the same person? Damian Greda wasn't banned because of any 60-charater-limit

Get in touch with Profiler online support team here

• DamianGreda is the correct Username and he is polish. There are no other Damian in the user list.
    If you look at his Profile then you did not find a history of activities.

• there is a difference between criticism and being a douchebag. There are at least 3 other guys that do better work than sinmix and act like actual people.

Actually, there's no difference!! In slang what you might call "being a douchebag" in the literary community it's called "Satire" and in mainstream, it's called comedy. It's certainly not fun when you're on the receiving end, but people need to get a sense of humor instead.Non of this warrants anyone getting banned!!

Actually using the term "douchbag" is more offensive to many than all of the reasons I've heard as the cause of banning Sinmix and Damian, by a long shot, but I'm certainly not calling for warning points for using offensive language.

• DamianGreda is the correct Username and he is polish. There are no other Damian in the user list.
    If you look at his Profile then you did not find a history of activities.

@Sharry, @DamianGreda is Polish not polish :) But he can polish his shoes from time to time :)
    I guess(know...?) he was not banned because of exceeding 60 characters limit. Just because... :whistling:
    But if @sinmix was banned for exceeding 60 characters limit... well there are rules and these are even written down by the mods, but limiting it by adding simple maxlength="60" to title input field is baby simple :)
    I also hope that Grzegorz will be back, he's great contributor to quality of the profiles, his cabs are epic.

• DamianGreda is the correct Username and he is polish. There are no other Damian in the user list. If you look at his Profile then you did not find a history of activities.

got i, thankst. there were just to many interweaved quotes. i thought the quote was that Damian Greda was banned because him stepping over this character limit (which wouldn't be true). sorry, my bad.

• maybe it is just confusing because we have forum names and real names here. when you quote from "Damian" and earlier posters are making mention of Damian Greda, I wonder if you're talking about the same person? Damian Greda wasn't banned because of any 60-charater-limit

Damian Greda is real name and forum name at the same time. I did not suggest Damian Greda was banned because of character limit. I was originally replying to Nightlight's question about Grzegorz. Maybe you did read too quickly and missed that. ;)

• Damian Greda is real name and forum name at the same time. I did not suggest Damian Greda was banned because of character limit. I was originally replying to Nightlight's question about Grzegorz. Maybe you did read too quickly and missed that.

exactly, that's why i said sorry (to you, in my previous post)

• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.