why is sinmix banned again ???

• Tonehammer, Kosten, JPP, and Origin all make quality profiles easily on par with Sinmix's

I have packs from all these guys. They have good sounding profiles but most of them imho are not on par with Sinmix's because, besides the sound, which may be on par, the feeling in hands i have when playing guitar with Sinmix's profiles is unbeatable. And he is authentic to the bone, from day 1 says the things as they are or he thinks they are, not as some may want to hear/read. Maybe he has a weird way to say things but even then he is unique. Sinmix's profiles=best metal profiles...end of story!

• Sharry schrieb:
    There are at least 3 other guys that do better work than sinmix and act like actual people.

who ? very subjective of course. dont know about the "actual people" bit though, just a touch offensive maybe , but lets hope things sorted soon

Wrong quoting - I would never say such a stupid sentence ;(
    Why you did not quote my answer for this?

• My understanding is that this thread has nothing to do with the quality of profiles, but injecting this into this thread is making me conclude that, the real reason behind banning sinmix is due to some members in the community itself who probably complained to the moderators. The moderators should know better than to listen to some cry babies.

I want to clarify that I personally don't agree with either side but no one should be banned for anything that transpired despite how annoyed each side was/is with the other.

• Well, to draw a line under this case, I would just say rules are rules and Sinmix should respect them if he wants to use the forums just like everybody else. Hopefully he will use character count next time he posts. Or manually count them. Or work out some kind of system to ensure that he stays within the character count.

On the subject of who makes the best profiles: thanks for the recommendations, guys, but is no one going to say Lasse Lammert's profile(s) is better than Sinmix's?

I can't because I don't buy a lot of commercial profiles. I just have two of Sinmix's producer packs. Couldn't justify one profile for $50 when I could get hundreds and free updates for the same price.

And you know what? I have different guitars. Different pickups. Different fingers. Different strings. Some profiles work better for me than others as a result.

That one $50 profile to rule them all claim was just snake oil and I'm proud Sinmix posted one of his videos and interjected in that thread. He's a good guy, despite his "sins" on the forum.

• I think this is a very bold statement.
    I have a lot of years to carry, but till now I did not find a drawer with behavior of actuell people. :whistling:

I have more than enough, can I help you out? :D

My 2 general cents:

Most of the forums on this planet are read-only for me. I just stumble across threads when I got a certain problem with gear and I am asking google for help. At my very first Kemper-days I used this forum exactly this way.

When I need help this is because something is not running smooth. Hence I am not in the very best mood. If I now do find a thread with polite and helpful language and very close to the facts and I read on and BANG: the solution! That makes me smile and I get the feeling that later - when I got better on that certain gear - I have to help others. Us hippies do call this Kharma.

Now imagine to find an offending thread instead, no solutions but one is claiming the other to be a complete idiot. Not exactly causing good vibrations... :D

Ne travaillez jamais.

• The moderators must have good reason to ban people in the first place. The kemper team set this forum up for us and them and i agree people must follow the rules that are set. With everything in life there are always rules and if everyone follows them then all is well (normally) :) . People may not agree with the rules sometimes but that is just life, and i'm sure the mods give enough warnings before people get banned from here.

• this is your second advertisement in this thread. in which way do you plan to add something meaningful to this discussion?

Sure, I'll try. I'm a newer Kemper owner. I've owned an Axefx ii for a few years but I was tired of taking other people's word for it when it came to the debate on these two rigs and I shelled out the cash for the Toaster/controller bundle with Sweetwater. I'm glad I did too. I've been loving the Kemper, but for me two commercial profilers work is head and shoulders above the rest for quality and value for a metal player like myself.

Sinmix, and Deadlight/Tonehammer are those profilers. I've bought almost everything that either of them have released. They're the reason I'm using the Kemper over the Axefx. Sorry, I guess I feel after just being banned for 10 days it seems a bit harsh. I'm just supporting who I feel is extremely valuable to the forum and myself as a Kemper owner. I'll refrain from any further comments on the matter.

• well community and how you support one another to do the right thing is really what counts here
    any one can ban any one out of fear ...or thinking that it is going to make the forum or behavior better

it depends on where your coming from.
    Sin (GK) was never trying to be a smart ass, he was trying to GIVE and point some things out.

Personally no one will ever speak for me unless a community is behind it..AND
    they are doing right thing.. compassion for a bigger picture.
    giving is a personal thing for me, since i am into ALTRUISM..
    I look after people who give, and i put my money where my mouth is
    ask people not just sin.

i dont care who you are, who how good or moral you think you are.
    Help him and support him for what he has done AND WORTH to the kemper community
    in saying that, ill just say we are lucky its a Temp ban.
    WE being every one.

thats all

Ashtweth

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.