• Hi guys,

I mainly play blues, jazz and hard rock. Are there any rig bundles out there that cover all three of these? I'm new to Kemper and find the choice of rigs a bit overwhelming. I don't know where to start! 8o

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers,

Mike

• hello there friend.
    You can check out Guidorist's amp profile packs for ultra low prices and UNBELIEVABLE tone, or for ten or twenty times the price check out the amp bundles from "the amp factory". Both parties will cover your needs more than you can imagine.

• ... and if you're still unhappy with the factories after following Michael and Ingolf's sage advice, and have searched the Rig Exchange via Rig Manager for the appropriate amps but not found something to your liking, then I'd highly recommend checking out Bert Meulendijk's new pack.

It's around 50 euros, but covers all bases except serious metal very well, so your jazz / blues / rock needs will be more than catered for, and with class and variety at that. As a bonus, he's extensively tested all the profiles using many guitars with SC, HB, passive and active PU's. As a first commercial pack, given the applications you outlined, it may well be the only purchase you'll ever need to make IMHO.

• Check cab list and speakers :thumbup: then check if direct amp profiles > "merged" profiles are include. Merged <> copy paste cab profile from another amp. Just real merged profiles. Same Amp > same cab > diff amp setting (mostly amp eq and gain level) = same profiles character. Same amp and even amp setting > diff cabs > speakers > mic pos = more diff options.

Stay Metal!

• ... and if you're still unhappy with the factories after following Michael and Ingolf's sage advice, and have searched the Rig Exchange via Rig Manager for the appropriate amps but not found something to your liking, then I'd highly recommend checking out Bert Meulendijk's new pack.

It's around 50 euros, but covers all bases except serious metal very well, so your jazz / blues / rock needs will be more than catered for, and with class and variety at that. As a bonus, he's extensively tested all the profiles using many guitars with SC, HB, passive and active PU's. As a first commercial pack, given the applications you outlined, it may well be the only purchase you'll ever need to make IMHO.

This!
    These profiles sounds so good in all situations.

• +1 on this as well

I agree. Pack 10 is very good. There was a sale a while ago. Not sure there is now. You can buy the amps separately. Check up the free profiles TAF, Britt, Bert, Soundside etc offer you in the Kemper downloads Page or in their websites. Guidorist sells amps separately, and they are not expensive. He tends toward high gain a little, but you may like quite a few. But remember there are also good profiles in the R E. Check them up.

Never too old for rock'n'roll

• I bought a bunch of single amp packs (instead of bundles) from the amp factory. Good stuff. My suggestion would be to start with just one (which comes with many rigs) and that will give you an idea of what you are getting for the price. You can listen before buying on the site. I usually go through each rig and turn the effects off and on... and tag favorites.

• I think most of the major vendors offer free profiles if you sign up for their mailing lists or what not. I know M. Britt and Top Jimi do, and I think Andy at The Amp Factor does. I definitely recommend you try these before buying as some vendors have different tastes and I have definitely read where some folks like one vendor over another for different reasons.

With that said, it sounds like you and I operate in a similar musical sphere so if you move past the Rig Exchange and start looking at commercial vendors, M. Britt, Andy and Top Jimi are the ones I recommend.