Question on Free MBritt Profiles

• Hi,

I'm wanting to test drive various MBritt profiles, so any insight on the MBritt free profile landscape would be appreciated. I know you can sign up on the MBritt website and get a free sample pack, but are there also additional packs included with some certain KPA OS releases, or other places as well?

Thanks,

Sonic

• Hello Sonic,

These are available on the main Kemper site, under Support --> Downloads --> "Category" = Rig Packs. There are thirteen (13) free Michael Britt profiles are in the factory profile pack entitled: "Merged Rigs Pack (February 2015)". Here is a direct link:

https://www.kemper-amps.com/downloads/10/Rig-Packs

Cheers,
    John

P.S.-- Yes, I also believe that these same 13 Michael Britt Merged Profiles are also included (form a subset) of the latest "Factory Content 5.1 (January 2017)" Rig Pack.

P.S.S -- They also can be found through Rig Manager software. Just click on (highlight) the "Rig Exchange" folder, and enter michael's last name (Britt) in the Search Field.

Edited 2 times, last by Tritium ().

• The ones on the Rig Exchange are tweaked versions of the ones included in the Kemper Rig Pack. MBritt wasn't quite happy with the way his merged profiles turned out compared to the studio versions, so he tweaked them a bit more after release.

• Much thanks John.

Any idea if these are the same rigs that are in the free rig pack obtainable by signing up on the MBritt website?

Sonic

That I am not sure of, Sonic. I never downloaded Michael's free rig pack, although I have purchased/own three (3) of his commercial rig packs. However, there is no obligation, nor worries in registering on Michael's website. When you do, you can download his free pack, and compare the file names to the ones on the Rig Exchange.

Cheers,
    John

• I'll say that it's a very-rare, almost-unheard-of thing to see a disappointed MBritt customer, Sonic.

Hmmm... That depends :)

Oftentimes profiles from some of the sellers with the highest praises disappoint people because they are looking for a different kind of sound. Say, if you're looking for modern hard rock profiles, maybe mbritt is not EVERYBODY's cup of tea.

If you try the free profiles before you buy and make your own determination, you should be safe. Go with your own experience rather than the reviews of others. I know I've been guilty of projecting my own tastes onto reviews and buying blind - and ending up disappointed. Not due to any failing of the seller, but just a mismatch between what was in my head and what is actually in the profiles ;)

• Of course it depends. If you don't know what you're buying, I'd not consider that a legitimate basis for criticism of any product.

IMHO, it's super-rare and nearly-unheard-of for someone who knows what he's buying (even roughly) to be disappointed to the extent that he then complains on this forum.

There. I tried to be as specific as possible.

Sorry if I sound grumpy, Michael. Anniversary of last girlfriend's (and wife-to-be's) death today; the icing on a tough week.

• So sorry to hear that, MonkeyMan. My thoughts are with you.

• Thanks guys, I will sign up and try those profiles as well. The MBritt profiles currently in the KPA are pretty decent. I do have to tinker with them a bit because they aren't really high gain. But I can hear the quality in the profiles. Those and the TopJimi are the ones I've found sound decent, and a few of the Golub on the rig exchange. My head is still spinning with all the different profiles and tweaks that can be done. Still trying to get my bearings with the KPA....

A least my knobs aren't wobbly. Er...wait....that just sounded wrong... :P

Sonic

• Ha ha ha. :D

If you want a classy-but-ballsy high-gain, Marshally, woody, vintage-vibe-and-full-of-mojo amp I'd definitely recommend Michael's Colonial pack, Sonic.

Possibly the best I've heard, and definitely the first that comes to mind if I think "MBritt high-gain" or even just, "high-gain". Mojo for miles and miles...

Also, there's the heavy pack and some other individual heavier amps available besides the Colonial too.

• Just found this today. Correct information in your posts above regarding the profile packs, so thanks guys!

The ones in the KPA rig pack are from the 3.0 OS release and are merged profiles. I re-merged and tweaked a bit and put those profiles up on the Rig Exchange.

The Sample Pack from my site are profiles I handpicked from my commercial packs to show the overall tonality. Everyone's ears and tones and needs are different so I don't presume that there's a one-size-fits-all for everyone. Some people will love one profiler and some people like another and you just have to find the one whose ears match yours and whose rigs sound good on your speakers/headphones/etc. I know that some people find mine a tad dark and thick and not as good at high gain tones and other people like the roundness and ability to sound thick at higher volumes. It's all a matter of taste and that's why I want to make sure people know what my profiles sound like before they spend any money.

As far as my mailing list, I try not to inundate people with emails or spam. I usually only send out announcements when new products are available and you can unsubscribe at any time. I do not share my list with anyone else and will not ever sell your info. It's just a way for me to announce new products or services.

I would just recommend trying the free rigs from different sellers and see which ones you like best and scour the Rig Manager a bit to see if you can find amps you like there. Learn to tweak on the profiles to make them work better for you and let me know if you ever have questions on tweaking.