Remote bank up & down button reversed

• I just got my new profiler and I was surprised that the direction to switch performances cannot be changed. For me it feels wrong that way and it often happens that I return to the same song we already played minutes before. It is hard to get used to that for me.

I saw in several posts in January 2017, April 2017 and even before that I am not the only one beiing irritated with that.

As proposed I open the topic again. Would be nice to get an answer by Kemper.

• +1 for a setting to make an individual choice.

Kristian

Gibson Les Paul Std Brimstone, Fender American Elite Stratocaster, Gibson Blueshawk, Yamaha APX5, Epiphone 335 Dot
    Kemper Head & Remote, RedSound powered cab, Line6 Relay G10, TC Helicon VoiceLive 3

• I think the performance buttons should be where the pedal buttons are.

Seems like you have to be very accurate and you use those buttons time and time again, but the performance ones maybe just a few times.

Should be the other way round in my opinion. It's not as intuitive and user friendly as it could be.

• Same with the cross buttons on the Kemper itself. Reminds me of the old Audi tiptronic gearboxes, they also had a back to front order, they've fixed that the last time I took one for a drive, here's hoping the same will be done for the KPA.

• Guess I'm not the only one

+1

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• Just for the sake of clarification. I'm thinking something like this:

[Blocked Image: http://c1.zzounds.com/media/fit,2018by3200/quality,85/Floor_Board-d396393b8ffde0a0202e58c45fa2d4a4.jpg]

That was a great board btw.

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• The problem is more due to the fact that going bank up on the remote scrolls the rigs down on the kemper

For you perhaps :) - I think we just have two problems then. Hence my clarification of what I think this topic is about. I could be wrong though as it isn't 100% clear to me.

• I'm thinking something like this:

Yep - it should be like the control via cursor buttons. Used several 100 millions or even billions times in the world.

If horizontal - left is lower, right is higher position in a list.
    If vertical - up is lower, down is higher position in a list.

Legions of user are familiar with that. :!:

For arabic I do not know ;)

• Do I missunderstand something here?
    Arrow up means, the performance goes up one number when i stomp on ^.
    Arrow down means it goes from f.e. performance 3 to 2. Up is the left stomp on the remote, down the right stomp. 3 to 2 down, so it's cristsl clear that I have to stomp on the right stomp where the arrow is setted to down on the remote. For me it's logical how this arrows are on the remote.

• Arrow up means, the performance goes up one number when i stomp on ^.
    Arrow down means it goes from f.e. performance 3 to 2. Up is the left stomp on the remote, down the right stomp. 3 to 2 down, so it's cristsl clear that I have to stomp on the right stomp where the arrow is setted to down on the remote. For me it's logical how this arrows are on the remote.

Congrates, you was able to train your brain not to compare the function of the Kemper remote to the function cursor button on a computer which is established since decades.

Could it be that you do not work so much with computers and databases in your daily live. ;) (e.g. Excel in it's simplest form ) ?

If you visualize a series of numbers you would write down on a screen in this way . 1.2.3.4.5..etc. or

If you look at this then you understand that left/up button shows in the direction to a lower number.
    Its easier to learn and keep a functionality if you have a picture in your mind than the semantic of the word.
    Therefore, people like me and obviously others feel that the function of the KPA buttons are very habituated.

For some years I was engineer and designer for HMI (Human machine Interface) for industrial plants and had to learn such relationships.

But it does not help me to know that it is wrong ;)
    In my brain it is so baked that I can not manage in a hurry or in a stressful situation.always pressing the correct button.
    Singing, playing and to think about which is the right button I can not do anymore.

Therefore I avoid switching the bank during a song.

The danger of a missing step is too great.

At rehearsal or when practicing it does not matter - there is enough time.

• He he, I work the whole day with a computer but i never thought about this.
    I bought the remote and read the manual and from this point on it was clear for me which button i have to press. I think it depends that i dont compared the remote to a computer. I see it as my control unit of the kpa and if there is a button up/ down it is like it is.