Difference in sound between commercial videos and pack itself

• Yes. This is one of the videos that i was refering to. As a example, mine sounds much mushier, a ton of midrange ( i love midrange in guitar tones) but this one sounds like i am playing through a radio speaker. I had to bring up the distortion sense, something that worked well on other profiles (having the distortion sense to -1 db), putting a treble booster in the stomp section, moving the cabinet high shift to +0.1 - +0.2, boosting the shit out of the treble and presence, raising the gain and stuff like that. I know that you need to tweak it to your own playing style, guitar, guitar pickups etc, but some profiles are way off the grid. And this is not the only pack that i had "problems" with.

I will try to find that thing that you say it is fundamental, but right now i don't have a clue what it could be.

I once had the same thing that at home a profile sounded bad on studio monitors and i thought i should give a try on the PA at the rehearsal space. Same thing. Maybe i can rule out the guitar + pickups, it remains the audio interface and/or studio monitors.

• I have thrown away big bucks on profiles from all kind of profilers and like you, had good results and bad results. Now, if you don't listen to at least a soundcloud demo, a youtube demo then how can you choose which profiles are good for you? You need a term of comparison.

I know that all these platforms tend to compress the living thing out of everything but you buy them anyway in hopes that it will sound good.

• Yes. This is one of the videos that i was refering to. As a example, mine sounds much mushier, a ton of midrange ( i love midrange in guitar tones) but this one sounds like i am playing through a radio speaker. I had to bring up the distortion sense, something that worked well on other profiles (having the distortion sense to -1 db), putting a treble booster in the stomp section, moving the cabinet high shift to +0.1 - +0.2, boosting the shit out of the treble and presence, raising the gain and stuff like that. I know that you need to tweak it to your own playing style, guitar, guitar pickups etc, but some profiles are way off the grid. And this is not the only pack that i had "problems" with.

I will try to find that thing that you say it is fundamental, but right now i don't have a clue what it could be.

I once had the same thing that at home a profile sounded bad on studio monitors and i thought i should give a try on the PA at the rehearsal space. Same thing. Maybe i can rule out the guitar + pickups, it remains the audio interface and/or studio monitors.

Slightly different question - can you get a good sound through your current set up or are all sounds not quite there for you?

As mentioned, try to rule out monitors and interfaces by bypassing them to start with.

Defo record and compare because as I said I'm not that turned on by the video sounds.

This sounds better to me although its in context

STL Tones: Colin Richardson Kemper Pack. - YouTube

• Contact the profiler and ask him what guitar he used and what global settings he had on the Kemper. An example would be that he may have had a High Cut down to 4500 Hz which would warm up the tone pretty significantly, or Pure Cab was set to 5.0, etc.

Unknown guitar with emg pickups in the info sheet.

Think for yourself, or others will think for you wihout thinking of you

Henry David Thoreau

• I have thrown away big bucks on profiles from all kind of profilers and like you, had good results and bad results. Now, if you don't listen to at least a soundcloud demo, a youtube demo then how can you choose which profiles are good for you? You need a term of comparison.

I know that all these platforms tend to compress the living thing out of everything but you buy them anyway in hopes that it will sound good.

As I mentioned, if I can't play a sample Profile of the amp in question, I'm unlikely to buy it. I've decided that I don't care what it sounds like in other people's hands, with their gear.....what does is sound like with MY gear.

Guido Burgenstock excepted. Especially when he runs his buy one, get one specials.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• yes. I can get a good sound through my current setup but not always. I will get a pair of studio headphones.

Tomorrow i will take a recording cause today i had rehearsals and whatnot and i promise to do what everybody was telling me.

• Has anyone ever purchased a profile pack that sounds like the sellers demos? I haven't, not even close, that is why I stopped buying profiles. But to be fair, that goes for real amps too, nothing ever sounds the same even at the same settings and speakers being used. If you are looking for good metal profiles, start with SinMix, there is a free pack somewhere online and its great.

• Has anyone ever purchased a profile pack that sounds like the sellers demos? I haven't, not even close, that is why I stopped buying profiles. But to be fair, that goes for real amps too, nothing ever sounds the same even at the same settings and speakers being used. If you are looking for good metal profiles, start with SinMix, there is a free pack somewhere online and its great.

Tried Sinmix. Bought profiles from him but just like other packs...not like his demos.. so maybe it is the speakers...or my poor tweaking knowledge

• Tried Sinmix. Bought profiles from him but just like other packs...not like his demos.. so maybe it is the speakers...or my poor tweaking knowledge

To reiterate - I've *never* found a Profile or preset from a modeler sound just like the demos. This experience goes back to the days of the POD bean.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

m Britt, bhp, Bert Meulendijk, Glenn Allen sound exactly like the demos. Especially Bert.

• Since my Tom Anderson is the best guitar in existence all of my profiles sound BETTER than the originals. ???

Its not as good as my 1979 Squier Telecaster (Japanese)..... My first proper guitar, I've stripped the neck, made it string through ( using a hand drill), has a Seymour hot rails in it.... and it can never be bettered :). Its the daddy.....I even have a sticker saying that on it...

• Its not as good as my 1979 Squier Telecaster (Japanese).....

My fav guitar was a early 2000's Squire bullet strat ($99) that I added a cheap Seymour humbucker to. Guitar was amazing. Frets did not last very long though :rolleyes: So I went for an American Special with Humbucker already in place... its meh compared to the Bullet.

Replaced my G&L Tele lipstick with a pickup from the Bullet when I bought the Kemper to get as close to the Bullet as I could :thumbup:

• External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

here is my sound..hope to get it wright compared to the link below

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

sorry for the sloppy playing

• Johndoebh The only difference I hear is STL may have a Low Cut (maybe at 50hz) and more pressence on the EQ. Sounds real close otherwise and would sound closer when you mix it.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• Your sound clips sounds really good. The only difference I hear are two things: you use passive pickups and you sound like yourself no matter what you use. I will snagg the Colins profiles next time they have 40% discount.

Think for yourself, or others will think for you wihout thinking of you

Henry David Thoreau