Per collection thread

• External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Just a though bro':

If you turned that piece into a reggae number it'd work IMHO.

I was thinking to myself, "How could this be made to be accessible / successful on a world-pop level?", then it hit me.

If you changed the drums and bass alone (reggae beat, side stick), you'd be most of the way there.

Excellent track Per so experimental sounding yet a stunning ambient soundscape, pure fantasy stuff, brilliant

Had to rush tonight tog et it in after a very long drive, so basically this was a 1/4 hour effort of stream of consciousness so I apologize in advance, but at least it got done.

• Isn't it amazingly, astonishingly cool how we, with using basically the same tools, manage to sound so incredibly different. As I've said so many times before in this forum. There's no way possible that I could write music like you. Same for most other people on this forum. And I love that! So much to learn and so many influences.

Cheers,

Mats N

Love the bass on this track. What kind of bass? What profile (if any)? Played with a pick or fingers?

Also like the very tight guitars? Details, please?

And I really like the pitch up phrase at the end.

Cheers,

Mats N

• Thanks Mats_Nermark ! That’s my trusty Yamaha BB424 (I only have one bass) played finger style with the 59 Bassman from the Kemper bass profiles pack, not the TAF one but the other. Nothing special, though I use a pultec eq and 76 comp on it in the DAW to draw out the upper frequencies. It’s a composite of three improvised takes because I messed up going into and out of the first bridge/chorus.

Guitar I forget which profile for the higher gain, a Fender amp of some sort, I should have written it down but accidentally switched to the bass before I did so now it’s lost to prosperity. Just default settings though, Les Paul. Outside of the intro it’s all just the same profile including the tremolo picked lead.