Per collection thread

• External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• You're far too kind Franjoe30 :)

Tonights is a sort of rhythmic/timing exercise for my keyboard, bass and guitar playing. A funky jazzy disco beat.

[soundcloud]

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    [/soundcloud]

• Thanks BayouTexan ! The influence was really Flora Purim, Weather Report and Eberhard Weber, with a little Happy Mondays thrown in for good measure, but I can see why you’d hear PF in there.

Okay, now you are just showing off. You know I don't know these other guys so I am always limited to Floyd. ^^ ^^ ^^

BTW, I studied up on using 3-band splitter for guitar and 2-band splitter for bass during my down time.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• Flora Purim - you may recognize the intro bassline as lifted by Bomb The Bass for their hit Bug Powder Dust

External Content www.youtube.com

Weather Report - Birdland

Eberhard Weber - Maurizius

Happy Mondays - Kinky Afro

• If you will? Great track.

I have to admit if I'm absolutely honest I like the sound of the 70's hippy jazz stuff more than I like the songs if you know what I mean. Like I love how people in the 90's revisited the it like Paul Weller, that breezy 70's sound on Wildwood, and all those acid jazz bands. I often start out really going "this is great" on the real deal then finding I can't take too much of it. Maybe because so much of it never wants to resolve, or goes too often to those diminished chord slides that sound flat to my ears.

• I have to admit if I'm absolutely honest I like the sound of the 70's hippy jazz stuff more than I like the songs if you know what I mean. Like I love how people in the 90's revisited the it like Paul Weller, that breezy 70's sound on Wildwood, and all those acid jazz bands. I often start out really going "this is great" on the real deal then finding I can't take too much of it. Maybe because so much of it never wants to resolve, or goes too often to those diminished chord slides that sound flat to my ears.

Agreed.

Too much of that stuff is too-repetitive for me. Same applies to a lot of '70s funk.

A lot of the time it's just a lack of a distinctive B section and sweetening.