Per collection thread

• External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Happy New Year everyone!

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Happy New Year all!

I wonder how you would do, Per, on a punk -rage track where you sing with anger in your voice. I think that would be cool.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

This is just so funny.

The first second when I heard the first isolated guitar chord, I thought that if I was given a guitar sound like that I would probably think there was something wrong in my rig. But you make it work so well within the context of that tune. I don't know what's wrong with me. :D

Cheers,

Mats N

• Thanks Mats_Nermark ! It’s probably because you’re pursuing tone but I’m looking for sound.

For me it’s about the production, each instrument should be evocative but the right sound may be much more extreme than a “good” guitar tone.

• Thanks Mats_Nermark ! It’s probably because you’re pursuing tone but I’m looking for sound.

For me it’s about the production, each instrument should be evocative but the right sound may be much more extreme than a “good” guitar tone.

I see what you're saying but I do try to see the bigger picture in the vision of the finished tune. So I think your picture is very different from mine. ;)

Cheers,

Mats N

• Then it’s just about the kinds of music you want to make vs the kinds I do.

Most (but not all) of the music I’m into is heavily rhythm guitar based with very little lead work, a lot of texture. It’s raw garage sounds and many of the bands cite their primary influences as people like Big Star, Hendrix, The Beatles, T-Rex, Robert Johnson, Tommy James & The Shondells, Neil Young and so on. They’re fuzzy, jangly, experimental, psychedelic and raw or naive sounds that feel alive, and at their best just hold on to the edge of chaos and polish. I like to push towards noize because to me that’s interesting and closer to the edge of what makes pop tick or what eventually makes new sounds, because it’s weird, transgressive, offensive and maybe a little bit dangerous.

• Is this you or me? great pop & lofi vibe on that guitar line, and great layers of vocals

Waking harm , great classic rock riffing & vocals , still reminds me that english band ... primal scream

Brows were lowered has a strong WHO appeal

Being yourself , it's always a pleasure to hear the Martin in action , great 60's feel on the arrangement & bass tone ( did you use a pick on the bass ?)

Being yourself has lots in common with AIR on the intro , while the saturated tracks feel like a 60's take on tape.

Heatstroke has plenty of energy, well done