Liquid Profiles

• Well, just want to mention that for more than 10 years they are not able to fix the error of the wrong blinking TAP button.

But we get Liquid Profiling.

"It's the simple thinks like when and where".

(Kid Rock)

;)

• I said it a 1000x during the last years.

The definition control is genius.

Liquid profiling will work because the definition control is already great. There is no doubt about this.

We will have our tube channels/tone stacks and we will have morphing and we will have the kones..all that with all the fx,UI,I/Os and whatever.

Kemper continues to do his thing. I expected "mooaaar fx & I/Os" but instead we get more ...rocknroll...

That's really,really nice.

• Maybe they decided to do it 5 or 6 years ago and it took them 3 or 4 years to find and hire a programmer skilled in this field?

Labour shortage is a huge topic in Germany, many companies struggle to find skilled workers.

Hardy har. It's funny to watch people ask for something - get it - and then complain how long it took.

Its like people enjoy whining about....whatever. Someone is always upset. This is where the German tendency to say very little annoys people. They tend to make very few promises and when they do - it's pretty much ready to go.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• Well, just want to mention that for more than 10 years they are not able to fix the error of the wrong blinking TAP button.

(Kid Rock)

;)

Bro, good luck in the music biz if you're losing sleep over the accuracy of a tap tempo light...

• Further upgrades are awesome, and as some have pointed out, will probably not use them, but the fact that CK is still invested in the hardware is very reassuring! Can someone count up the number of Fractal iterations there are out there currently that you can purchase? ;)

• I already have an idea for the next step (after all CK stimulates us so let's dream:D). Some pack makers could profile a single amp in many configurations spanning more or less the whole range of possible Amp knobs combinations. Then the Kemper would automatically switch to the closest adequate profile of this series as we change the tonestack virtual knobs of the liquid profile (which are the same than those of the modeled amp if I got it). In fact the liquid algorithm would allow to interpolate between the discrete real profiles to cover the complete range of possibilities of an amp.

In fact I had this in mind since this thread...

• Bro, good luck in the music biz if you're losing sleep over the accuracy of a tap tempo light...

Well, been in music business for more than 40 years now. Still alive. Don't worry.

And a correct blinking TAP button can easy your life if you have a long solo guitar intro and

your drummer plays with click while you cannot have the click on your ear.

Just one example.

• I sense a misunderstanding in some people's understanding of the mere greatness at reach here:

Some say that for them liquid profiles aren't a big thing, because they never had the original amps of their profiles at hand anyway and therefore don't know how all the knos in gain control and tone stack would react. As a consequence some say they're fine with the kemper controls. BUT I am afraid these people are missing out on the biggest point here:

As of now, i.e. without liquid profiles, you're basically stuck with your profile's sound "as is" with only a minimum of good tweaking options by changing gain an basic eq controls on the front of the kemper for the tiniest bit. The kemper's gain control, bass, mids, treble, presence are software based guesses of how a knob should work. By experience of many they are barely useable in all cases where you turn them more than "2-3 leds" (toaster) to the left or right. This noticeably changes the sound into the realm of "unrealistic", in some cases "not enjoyable". If you turn the knobs really far you can even create immensely weird noises within your guitar sound that have nothing to do with what any real amp in the world would do. THAT is the reason why all good profile packs give you loads of profiles for one single amp, sometimes the only difference being different gain levels. In short: A clean profile is unuseable for (higher) gain, a really dark profile cannot realistically be brightened up with the front controls (as both require big knob turns) and so forth.

Liquid profiles as they are described by CK overcome this flaw and make the knobs react as an amp. So - IF this dream comes true - one (ore a few drastically different) profiles should be enough. From there you can do everything you want with the kemper's knobs and still have it react as an amp would.

Many times at band rehearsal I have hated the discribed limitations whenever I wanted "the very amp" of a profile to have "much more gain" or "much less treble" and so on. On a real amp you just turn a knob and are good to go. Not so in the kemper world: Having to look for and switch to another profile of the same amp, only to find out that it's not yet "the one", has always been the major bummer in using a kemper and it has made day-to-day-use somewhat unsatisfying. Putting this to an end with THE SAME hardware AT NO COST is THE game changer! If it all works as we hope for than we basically get a new device for free.

• you're basically stuck with your profile's sound "as is" with only a minimum of good tweaking options by changing gain an basic eq controls on the front of the kemper for the tiniest bit.

a minimum of good tweaking option?

maybe you missed to try out definition, compression, pick, clarity, etc in the amp section?

or the cab section with high and low shift, pure cabinet, imprints...

• I just made a video explaining my guess what "Liquid Profiling" will be ... and that it's not related to the upcoming Tonestack models.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Two dimensional plot with neither axis labelled? I saw dots and curves with no meaning assigned them. You must have been talking about something. I just don't know what it is. Could you explain more?

Edited once, last by lbieber ().

• a minimum of good tweaking option?

maybe you missed to try out definition, compression, pick, clarity, etc in the amp section?

or the cab section with high and low shift, pure cabinet, imprints...

Of course I didn't! I think we all agree that we have long past the point of option paralysis and that the options you just gave are phenomenal.

That's why I explicitly referred to the "options given by the knobs on the kemper's front" which (by their name - not by their behaviour) replicate the ones found on a real amp. And that's the tweaking options you have at hand quickly when in a band setting - just as you would with a real amp. And these are the knobs many of us want to react in a realistic way without destroying your tone while staying close to the profiled amp - even when you turn them a fair bit. In such situations - i. e. during rehearsal or a gig - there is simply no time for the guitarist to deep-dive into menus or - as I described - for searching and trying out other profiles. There you want the knobs to do what they say in a satisfying way cause that's all you may need.

And of course your're right in pointing out that definition etc. exist and are another way of tweaking a profile. But to be honest, those aren't the ones I like to fiddle with when all I want is to go from really bright to dark or cleanish to really dirty. In these scenarios I want my kemper amp to act as an amp: quick and self explanatory by turning the knobs we all know by heart.

(Kid Rock)

;)

There's no global "we" in terms of freaking out over the tap tempo light. I never use it and don't need it. I've also been performing for 40+ years.

Ever see Jeff Beck using a tap tempo light?

• Ofcourse you are right with every single word you wrote.

Wait until the first YT reviews will come with examples and all that. This will be a big event.

I wrote in my post above about liquid profiling and morphing. One thing is for sure THIS will be a lots of fun. The modeler goes into a symbiosis with the tube channel.

Ofcourse most lads still dont get this. I could say "it is to big".

If it works (I have no doubt about it) it will be huge.