Who else misses cents finetuning with Transpose?

• From the manual

Reference Pitch PROFILER Bubble Tuner display. Use “Reference Pitch” to adjust the base pitch of the tuner between 424 Hz and 456 Hz, in case you need to tune your guitar to something other than 440 Hz

If something is too complicated, then you need to learn it better

• From the manual

Reference Pitch PROFILER Bubble Tuner display. Use “Reference Pitch” to adjust the base pitch of the tuner between 424 Hz and 456 Hz, in case you need to tune your guitar to something other than 440 Hz

I get that one of course, but that involves retuning.

The quad cortex for instance has the possibility to also downtune cents besides the steps. That's what I hoped for.

• It’s great for playalong. If you for example want to play Pantera stuff, it’s a royal pain because you need to retune your Floyd rose to 432 or 425 or whatever they were using.

• IMO - forget retuning the guitar or digitally transposing. Like BB King said about using heavy strings "Why you workin' so hard?"

Retune the recording.

I will only use Transpose when there is no other choice. The tonal changes and increase in latency are just too much. That's not to be critical. I understand the limitations. It's a great tool to have when there's no other way.

For play along, I use Anytune and retune the recording. Much simpler and the app will adjust in .01 cent increments. I've used Transcribe! on Windows, which also has pitch-adjustment. In the age of tape recordings, *so* many songs were sped up or slowed slightly in post production.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• It’s great for playalong. If you for example want to play Pantera stuff, it’s a royal pain because you need to retune your Floyd rose to 432 or 425 or whatever they were using.

This! Pantera is an example but there are more album (Ride The Lightning is another one, or all Machinehead stuff)

• For play along, I use Anytune and retune the recording. Much simpler and the app will adjust in .01 cent increments. I've used Transcribe! on Windows, which also has pitch-adjustment. In the age of tape recordings, *so* many songs were sped up or slowed slightly in post production.

That's more of a workaround, I guess it's not that difficult to implement in KAOS I guess

• That's more of a workaround, I guess it's not that difficult to implement in KAOS I guess

With respect - workaround my a$$. It’s the right way to do it. The guitar and amp become irrelevant. It’s a standard feature in most softwares like it.

I can (and have) travelled with a headphone amp and $50 Squier Strat and been able to use it. Was using it before digital amps were a thing.

The recording is what’s off. Using the Kemper to do it is the workaround. You’d have to adjust it every time. Whereas the software saves the adjustment for the specific recording.

Edited 2 times, last by Ruefus ().

• And then, if implemented, there will be another thread like :

Why is there a chorus / flanger / phaser sound when i play ?

I only have pitch activated ???

:rolleyes:

Cheers !

The adjective for metal is metallic. But not so for iron ... which is ironic.

• If I'm picking a song apart or playing along I almost always use my DAW, It's just as fast as using any media player and gives you tons of control. I can open up any folder or file on my computer through it and adjust the tuning of the whole track quickly if needed. If I'm working on something difficult, I'll break it down into loops (and sometimes slow them down) to get real nitpicky about a passage or something. I used to have to move the needle around on a record. Now I almost feel like I'm cheating being able to tune it, loop it and slow it down and still retain the pitch. I think the transpose is fine for what it does, but even if it did fine tune I would think it best to tune the track. I've used the transpose but unless I'm on headphones (rarely) or have the playback real loud I can still hear the string and it messes up my head especially with something like a 335 that even when not pitch adjusted can be strange hearing the guitar itself with the amplified sound.

• If I'm picking a song apart or playing along I almost always use my DAW, It's just as fast as using any media player and gives you tons of control. I can open up any folder or file on my computer through it and adjust the tuning of the whole track quickly if needed. If I'm working on something difficult, I'll break it down into loops (and sometimes slow them down) to get real nitpicky about a passage or something. I used to have to move the needle around on a record. Now I almost feel like I'm cheating being able to tune it, loop it and slow it down and still retain the pitch. I think the transpose is fine for what it does, but even if it did fine tune I would think it best to tune the track. I've used the transpose but unless I'm on headphones (rarely) or have the playback real loud I can still hear the string and it messes up my head especially with something like a 335 that even when not pitch adjusted can be strange hearing the guitar itself with the amplified sound.

Then you need to illegally download the music. A lot of the time I just want to play along to Spotify or YouTube.

• Then you need to illegally download the music. A lot of the time I just want to play along to Spotify or YouTube.

Or, y’know…..search and see if there’s a free way to adjust the pitch of online sources.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

If I think enough of a song or artist to want to do a deep dive, I either already own the song, or buy it.