Is anyone as lost as I am with the Stage??

• What I did when I first got my stage, I downloaded the manual, opened it up on my computer, and went page by page through the manual interacting with the stage what was being shown in the manual.
    Did that make sense?

• I find it odd that the OP hasn’t returned to offer any further insight.

New user…..one post……*poof*

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• I would simply say that it's honestly not as difficult and daunting as it first appears. I'm an older user (63) and I think it's completely logically set out; there's a signal path set out right in front of your eyes in the buttons on the unit, to the right of the master volume - stomps, then amp/cab, and finally mods/delays etc. after the amp/cab.
    Personally I use Rig Manager (RM) a lot to set up Performances and import rigs. As others have said, there are lots of videos online to help out.
    I would say:

1. Remember there's a difference between Browser and Performance mode - the former is to store profiles or audition them, and the latter is there to set up banks of Performance patches for playing live, with your chosen selection of effects etc.

2. By all means buy or collect profile packs, but don't be tempted to import them all into the unit itself. You can import and audition them easily within RM. Once imported, back up RM regularly. It takes seconds.

3. Within Performance mode, get to understand morphing. It's a great feature.

4. Again within Performance mode, there are 125 fixed slots available on the unit itself (unlimited within RM, where you can set up folders). Most of these will be labelled 'New Performance' - you change the name once you've set it up. There are a set of example ones installed, called things like 'Example: Song A'. I wouldn't touch those.

5, Each Performance will hold 5 rigs (1-5 on the bottom row of your Stage), each with its own selection of stomps/effects etc (buttons above). You can copy rigs to these slots. The Up/Down arrows navigate between Perfs.

[Many people set up one Perf. per song. Personally, I set up one main one based on different gain stages of one specific amp, from clean to lead, with appropriate rig volume changes; then have a similar separate one for E flat, one for drop D, one for a very specific song (requiring completely different rigs), one with an acoustic patch on it, one completely double-tracked.]
    6. Assigning effects to the buttons on the top row of each rig is dead easy. Myself, I select and set up the effect using RM, as it's visually easier, but of course you can do it on the unit itself, it just takes longer (for me). Then once it's there, press the coloured soft effect button on the Stage that you've selected for the effect, and the metal stomp button simultaneously, and it's assigned.

7. Always remember to Save when you've made a change, and you're happy with it.

8. Once you're familiar with those basics, look at morphing, and more obscure things like Clean Sens/Distortion Sens, Definition, Clarity etc, how to set up expression pedals, and so on. Also how to assign outputs (e.g. Main Output - Mono or stereo? and Main Out volume; Monitor outputs)

P.S. Despite what it says on my user status, I'm not a Beginner..!

:thumbup:

Kemper Powered Head / Stage / Powered Kabinet

• That’s a really good summary missioman :) :thumbup: <3

New talent management advice to Laura Cox -

“Laura want to break the internet? let’s shoot another video of you covering the Nightrain solo in the blue singlet, but this time we’ll crank up the air conditioning”.

• I didn't get that from the replies. I was just trying to help. I don't think you're an idiot.

I didn’t mean to come across to anyone as passive-aggressive, sorry!

I very literally felt it was stupid of me to assume the fault was with the Kemper, when I was the one who didn’t realize I could add the right-click function to my Mac.

• I find it odd that the OP hasn’t returned to offer any further insight.

New user…..one post……*poof*

I’ve actually been doing what another poster said—

Watching every Kemper Tutorial, reading the whole manual, and watching other peoples’ tutorials on YouTube.

• What I did when I first got my stage, I downloaded the manual, opened it up on my computer, and went page by page through the manual interacting with the stage what was being shown in the manual.
    Did that make sense?

Yes.

I actually have been spending much time on that.

Just about all my questions have now been answered by the manual and tutorials.

Often times if I have a question about any gear, I immediately go to a forum to ask experienced users. I should have read the manual before doing so, and jumping to false conclusions.

I think I was just so overwhelmed with the difference in layout and terminology between the Helix and Kemper, that I “just wanted a quick answer.”

Thanks for the input everyone.

• I’ve actually been doing what another poster said—

Watching every Kemper Tutorial, reading the whole manual, and watching other peoples’ tutorials on YouTube.

Great.

But you aren’t the original poster. That person still has not posted again.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• Whilst reading the manual is important, sometimes the basics aren't obvious so don't feel bad for asking questions.

As long as you are humble and civil, you will only get positive responses.

You will get there, honestly once things click, its really straight forward.

Put it this way, I've never read the manual....

• Well I think it’s a case of “too overwhelmed at first glance”, my advice is start on what you needed to do first and avoid browsing and editing menus until you’re familiar with it, my first time on the stage the first thing I focused on are familiarity on page browsing, accessing and editing the System menu, if you need to understand some terms that aren’t clear on the manual just simply search YouTube, Reddit, Gearpage and forums like this, trust me Kemper is very much user friendly than the current Eventide H90, let alone MIDI controllers and commands stuff 😅