OS 10 beta is out! Let's get Liquid!

• External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• Actually more steps involved than I thought. In a good way.

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• I mean, if a profile was created with a pedal in front, the kemper would think it's on a different gainstage ... therefore not accurate anymore when twisting knobs ...

Raf

I think this is correct. Unless the Profiler could parse out what is pedal distortion vs amp distortion, profiles with baked-in pedals will never be 'real'.

But that's fine. People use amp-in-a-box pedals to make their Fender sound like a Marshall. No one loses their head over that.

What sounds like good fun is taking a baked-in profile and auditioning various tone stacks to find something cool in how it reacts.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• But it means that I'm limited by the "corresponding amps" inside the Kemper.
    If "my" amp is not inside, I have to choose any other amp. But that's not the real corresponding amp.

So, is there a list, which real amp is corresponding with the amps in the Kemper?

F.e.: I didn't find any Bogner amp in the Kemper list. Which should I choose if I want to use Liquid Profiles?

• I mean, if a profile was created with a pedal in front, the kemper would think it's on a different gainstage ... therefore not accurate anymore when twisting knobs ...

Raf

Obviously. I was talking about "normal" profiles

If something is too complicated, then you need to learn it better

• But it means that I'm limited by the "corresponding amps" inside the Kemper.
    If "my" amp is not inside, I have to choose any other amp. But that's not the real corresponding amp.

So, is there a list, which real amp is corresponding with the amps in the Kemper?

F.e.: I didn't find any Bogner amp in the Kemper list. Which should I choose if I want to use Liquid Profiles?

Nothing outside the reference amp is going to be 100% dead-nuts accurate.

Bogners are usually based on a Fender or Marshall. Once you know that.....start messing about. :)

• Nothing outside the reference amp is going to be 100% dead-nuts accurate.

Bogners are usually based on a Fender or Marshall. Once you know that.....start messing about. :)

Well, if so, I misunderstood the concept of "Liquid Prolies".
    So it's just Modeling, if my amp is not really captured concerning Gain und EQ/Tone settings.
    :/

• Had a play last night and it is very cool indeed 8)

However I feel like it's success will come down to whether well known profilers use it, or perhaps more crucially how many of them kept all the setting from their original profile pack sessions, and are willing to share them or elevate those packs to liquid.

• Well, if so, I misunderstood the concept of "Liquid Prolies".
    So it's just Modeling, if my amp is not really captured concerning Gain und EQ/Tone settings.
    :/

It's all modeling. The tone stacks and profiling both.

KEMPER PROFILER Addendum

Providing amp-specific controls is a key feature of modeling amps that aim to recreate the sound of a specific amp at any setting. What modeling cannot deliver on the other hand, is to capture the finest nuances and subtle deviations of a specific amp device. The latter is the true advantage of PROFILING and is why many prefer this approach to amp modeling, hence the tremendous success of the PROFILER.

• Bright Cap intensity, Gain Pot Reference, Restore Gain, Restore Amp Model, Restore EQ or Burn missing from Rig Manager for me too. I am using Beta 3.4.xxx of RM too. Tried reinstall.

Here as well. All of them are in unit though. Intended to be so?

• This is just irritating....

I have a gig tomorrow night and don't want to risk it but everyone says how great it is...argh! Dilemma!!

Good to hear peoples experiences!

Do it ... :p

Kemper stage with 2 mission pedals (in a Thon line 6 FBV case) and a Zilla 212 (K-100/V30) , SD powerstage 700 poweramp

• Actually more steps involved than I thought. In a good way.

I'm confused.

Is the first profile needed or just a reference to show its authenticity/that you can find a sweet spot with that mike placement? He did 2 separate profiles and they don't interact do they??

In other words, why not just set the dials to 12 o clock and the right LP and then profile?

• This is just irritating....

I have a gig tomorrow night and don't want to risk it but everyone says how great it is...argh! Dilemma!!

Good to hear peoples experiences!

Make a backup and do it. It takes only 10 minutes to revert the OS for the gig

• Hello,

All my profiles can benefit from liquid functions or must i buy some profiles with this new format ?

Any and all profiles can use a LP amp model. Kemper also includes new LP profiles in Rig Manager. Use your ears to find what is right for you.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.