OS 10 beta is out! Let's get Liquid!

• Thanks for this answer.
    It would be nice to have a list, which tonestack structure fits which amp.
    F.e. a specific Marshall tonestack (amp 1) fits also to Marshall amp 2.
    As a user I could see directly which tonestack I could use.
    :)

• External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Thanks for this answer.
    It would be nice to have a list, which tonestack structure fits which amp.
    F.e. a specific Marshall tonestack (amp 1) fits also to Marshall amp 2.
    As a user I could see directly which tonestack I could use.
    :)

So far there is no similarities to other models, that we know, but not listed. (Except those Fenders that I have mentioned.

Except: All EVH amps seem to feature the same gain and tonestack structure.

That is Peavey 5150, 6505 and all EVH amps.

If you give us a later Marshall amp type as an example, we could have a look what similarities there are to the vintage Marshall amps.

• If you give us a later Marshall amp type as an example, we could have a look what similarities there are to the vintage Marshall amps.

please include the silver jubilee, it's a bit different from vintage marshall

As posted in another thread.. please check out this topic for details (expecially post like #56 or so)

What is so special about Silver Jubilee 2555?
    First a question. If you have a 100 watt SJ and you pull two tubes does using the half power switch bring it down to 25 watts? Just wondering. Secondly I am…
    www.marshallforum.com

• What was the rationale for excluding the Sat and C45 switches from the Friedman tone stacks?

I feel they defintely have an impact on gain and tone.

• If you give us a later Marshall amp type as an example, we could have a look what similarities there are to the vintage Marshall amps.

Hello Christof. First, a sincere thank you for being one of the greatest product retailers I have had the pleasure to purchase from.

The Marshall JVM is popular and seems to me to have a unique tone stack from my experience as a prior owner (I profiled it and sold it). Maybe Kemper could put out that Amp Model.

Edited once, last by RVA213 ().

• Bogner and Diezel? AWESOME!!!

• The most direct solution to all of these requests is to implement a tonestack creator so users can DIY. We are now in 'give a man a fish or teach him how to fish' territory.

This is what I'm thinking. I love tinkering with electronics and if you had something like tone stack calculator that can be interfaced with liquid profiling where we can experiment with the values of the resistors and capacitors this could be an incredible tool for electronic tinkerers and ultimately amp builders. You can hear the sound and feel the attack before building the amp and know when you have a winning situation. Has to be worth something to the electronics engineer.

Just a thought...

• This is what I'm thinking. I love tinkering with electronics and if you had something like tone stack calculator that can be interfaced with liquid profiling where we can experiment with the values of the resistors and capacitors this could be an incredible tool for electronic tinkerers and ultimately amp builders. You can hear the sound and feel the attack before building the amp and know when you have a winning situation. Has to be worth something to the electronics engineer.

Just a thought...

It's a reasonable thought, but I'm not sure I would implement it with electronic components. I think a graphical interface in the frequency domain would be much more inclusive to all users. Many can't do filter analysis correctly or at all and will therefore be excluded. The tone stack calculator has limitations as well.

In any case, DIY seems like a good idea on the surface. In thinking about it, developing a tool for this will require work and there will still be continued requests to change it for myriad reasons. It is likely to result in a similar situation where Kemper is inundated with requests. I'm on the fence on whether it is a good idea.