Liquid Profiles "Feel"

• when I was much younger than today we enjoyed jokes about playing the guitar. One was the good advice to add a little "fast fret" lotion before trying again the tricky part.

The fast fret lotion!!!

The best part about it was the face of the guy in the shop.."yeah with this you can play like eddie.."

When you're 13-14 you believe in this kind of stuff..'nature of things I guess..

• I have been following this thread now for some weeks.

My personal opinion on the "I feel I can play faster now"-kind of discussion is the same now for the last 40 years:

Grab a classical guitar (nylons) and practice patterns with a thick,fat pick. In my experience there is no better way to train the fingers..

• I have been following this thread now for some weeks.

My personal opinion on the "I feel I can play faster now"-kind of discussion is the same now for the last 40 years:

Grab a classical guitar (nylons) and practice patterns with a thick,fat pick. In my experience there is no better way to train the fingers..

That certainly is a good advice. Have to reanimate my trusted Taki nylon!

I could not resist the wonderful offer of BM concerning umpteenth lps taken of a soldano 100. I stand corrected, there‘s quite many profiles in the lot that give a really good cleanish sound when taking down the gain.

Since I‘m not in the shredding league this is quite essential for me. Mijnheer Meulendijk gives you different cabs that really make a difference. I am quite happy with this pack. It encouraged me to take a second look at the free profiles that come with the update. I hope MBritt, Rigbusters and G. Bungenstock will get us more lps. I really appreciate their generosity.

It is all feeling very good.

• I'm a guy who always loved using real amps and for me LP is a game changer. But my reasons for loving it is because it allows me to grab a distorted amp and in a few seconds I can make it creamy and amazing and then morph the gain and it is back to screaming 80's sound and I love that because before we didn't have that kind of control. Also mix matching different amps with tone stacks allows me to create my own boutique amps and I have been getting great results experimenting, it works surprisingly well. And there are more reasons but I don't have time to list them all.

So for me it is a major improvement and remember we are just starting to get good at liquid profiling.

I totally respect your opinion, maybe for you it doesn't have the wow factor it has for me. I can respect that.

All the best to you my friend.

Yes - although I've yet to try it, the reason Liquid Profiling is a game changer (assuming it does work as hoped!!) is for the ability to authentically - and/or non-authentically if you like! - adjust a profile to suit your needs, as opposed to before when there was really only so much you could do it if didn't sounds pretty good already. e.g. if you know how to get a good sound out of a particular real amp, it sounds like you should now be able to do this on a liquid profile of that amp. I think the whole discussion about feel is a bit of a tangent - Kemper haven't claimed any advancements here, and have made it clear the profiling process is no different. Unless they've secretly added some extra "feel ingredient", and for some reason don't want to admit it, then any perceived difference in feel is simply due to being able to dial in a tone that really works for your instrument, and this being more satisfying to play.

• Everyone says including kemper there no change, but if you flip through the tonestacks i find there is. Its slight but when you turn a knob just a little its then you realize that the profile now feels better an clearer than the stock. But you cant hear it when you flip through?

• I think the whole discussion about feel is a bit of a tangent - Kemper haven't claimed any advancements here, and have made it clear the profiling process is no different. Unless they've secretly added some extra "feel ingredient", and for some reason don't want to admit it, then any perceived difference in feel is simply due to being able to dial in a tone that really works for your instrument, and this being more satisfying to play.

Absolutely spot on.

• ... I think the whole discussion about feel is a bit of a tangent - Kemper haven't claimed any advancements here, and have made it clear the profiling process is no different. Unless they've secretly added some extra "feel ingredient", and for some reason don't want to admit it, then any perceived difference in feel is simply due to being able to dial in a tone that really works for your instrument, and this being more satisfying to play.

Or it's just in your head. :) I have yet to experience any difference in feel.

• Ok guys, when I plug into an amp that is a bit harsh to play I usually put a compressor in front of it. ex. Fender Twin I use compression to make it easier to play less harsh I don't have to work as hard, Mesa boogie Mark V I don't use compression because it seems to already have enough so no need.

Distortion/overdrive both are a form of compression, If you choose a gain/tonestack from a Fender Twin it may not feel as nice to play then a boogie or a Morgan.

So you are both right it does make it easier depending on the model you choose and feels better than before at least it does to me, and its kind of placebo because no matter what you still have to play the guitar properly. Just that it sounds better to my ears and that makes it nicer for me to play if I use an amp that already has enough compression for my style of playing.

Obviously if you are using distorted sounds ex. Van Halen no need for compression the distortion is a form of compression.

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong but this is how I survived playing in a country band all those years.

• Or it's just in your head. :) I have yet to experience any difference in feel.

Well that's basically what I'm saying tho :) I'd generally describe "feel" as dynamics, responsiveness to picking strength - while I've yet to try Liquid Profiles, there's nothing to suggest there's any change here - Kemper has always had a pretty realistic feel in these terms. However a guitar sound will be more enjoyable/inspirational if it's a good tonal balance, you could also describe this as "feeling" better, even tho the dynamics/responsiveness hasn't changed - and I think that's what people are describing here. Always a problem with describing any aspect of music, inevitably have to use terms that are a bit amorphous!

• Well that's basically what I'm saying tho :) I'd generally describe "feel" as dynamics, responsiveness to picking strength - while I've yet to try Liquid Profiles, there's nothing to suggest there's any change here - Kemper has always had a pretty realistic feel in these terms. However a guitar sound will be more enjoyable/inspirational if it's a good tonal balance, you could also describe this as "feeling" better, even tho the dynamics/responsiveness hasn't changed - and I think that's what people are describing here. Always a problem with describing any aspect of music, inevitably have to use terms that are a bit amorphous!

Well how can you comment when you never tried? There is def a more realistic feel to the profiles now a immediacy that comes through the speakers, welll with DI profiles i use anyway. Kemper had that lower mid woof an the LP helps that i think. I just enjoying the bright cap control, it can really customise a amp. I profiled my old carvin valvemaster amp that i used to gig with eons ago an its very spatty an trebly but pulling back on the bright cap really makes it something else

• I held back on the beta because of gigs but I cheekily upgraded yesterday and I swear that the feel through my in ears was better, even with no other tweakage. Psychosomatic possibly but I had a really enjoyable gig.

A brace of Suhrs, a Charvel, a toaster, an Apollo twin, a Mac, and a DXR10

• Everyone says including kemper there no change, but if you flip through the tonestacks i find there is. Its slight but when you turn a knob just a little its then you realize that the profile now feels better an clearer than the stock. But you cant hear it when you flip through?

What profiles are you using? Completely unaltered, untweaked profiles? If there has been any small changes in the gain setting and tone controls after profiling (made by the author / seller / user), that profile will sound slightly different when flipping through tonestacks, because the "tweaks" now translate different.

• I held back on the beta because of gigs but I cheekily upgraded yesterday and I swear that the feel through my in ears was better, even with no other tweakage. Psychosomatic possibly but I had a really enjoyable gig.

Everything in music is "psychosomatic". I needed decades to understand this 100% for me.

Anyway..

Actually LP leads us out of the rabbit hole again. And after 20 years of tweaking parameters..this is a huge thing.

For "tweakers" not so much. Ofcourse.

• Well how can you comment when you never tried? There is def a more realistic feel to the profiles now a immediacy that comes through the speakers, welll with DI profiles i use anyway. Kemper had that lower mid woof an the LP helps that i think. I just enjoying the bright cap control, it can really customise a amp. I profiled my old carvin valvemaster amp that i used to gig with eons ago an its very spatty an trebly but pulling back on the bright cap really makes it something else

I did make it clear it's a priori reasoning - if I change my mind when it's out of beta and I try it, I'll be happy to be wrong! But again, Kemper have not advertised any change the profiling process itself, or anything which would alter dynamics/responsiveness, so it stands to reason that if it "feels" better to play, it's just because of now being able to dial in a good tonal balance (and/or gain level) in an authentic/musical way.

• In addition to my post above:

Tested... there is NO difference in sound and feel when using unaltered, untweaked profiles (when adding different tonestacks).

Also made myself some liquid profiles where I know the settings (set gain pot reference and EQ then burn and save); after that it still sounds absolutely the same as the original profile. But now can be tweaked with the original amps EQ in mind.

I think there are 3 main points that make some think liquid sounds or feels better:

1. People using it "wrong" / did not understand it completely yet: They flip tonestacks to random, already tweaked profiles and of course in this case there is a difference. No problem using it this way if it sounds good. But making wrong conclusion is misleading...

2. They now have the courage to finally tweak the knobs and use Kemper EQ (and it's maybe easier now). Adding some treble... makes it instantly feel better...yeah

3. Just imagination...even if the creator itself says there is no difference

:*

• For the people that don't like liquid profiling or don't want to try it. You have a choice you don't have to use it and still your Kemper is every bit what it was before.

That's the beauty about Kemper you have a choice. Actually you have many choices.

As far as how it works or is the feel different. I don't know how they did it Parametric EQ with a Q I don't know and its above my pay grade but I know that I find it way easier and faster to dial my sound and that allows me more time to record or just play my guitar.

Is it better? For me it sure is, for others maybe not so much. Someone said on here that there are some people that don't know how to dial in a great sound so they prefer to use sounds already dialed in for them. I can respect that.

Well time to go get my hair cut I have a wedding to do Thursday, this time not with a guitar but with a camera lol. Wish me luck never done wedding photography before. Maybe I can liquid profile the pictures after and make them amazing lol.