Mattfig - 50% OFF SALE NOW ! Liquid Vibroverb / UBER ULTRA Added

• Mattfig

Changed the title of the thread from “Mattfig - Flash Sale 50% off NOW!” to “Mattfig - Wizard, Budda, OR120 coming this week!”.
  • External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content soundcloud.com

• Mattfig

Changed the title of the thread from “Mattfig - Wizard, Budda, OR120 coming this week!” to “Mattfig - Wizard has ARRIVED”.
  • I wanted to come back around and update/change my opinion.

I bought the JCM800, Friedman modded Superlead, and just recently, the BE100. I was mainly after the direct profiles and was finding the bass too present in those. Since getting the Kab, I had been really forcing direct profiles and adding my own IRs. I decided to go back and spend some time with the studio profiles on my MattFig LP packs and that's where it's at. The choices and sounds...all really good and the bass (and other frequencies) are all where you'd expect them on a real amp. They compare as favorably with any of the great studio profiles out there...especially for the Marshall-style folks. FWIW, I tried the studio profiles with the Kab and with some slight EQ tweaks on the monitor EQ, it's right where I want it. I imagine his direct profiles may set up a bit better for a true amp/cab (vs Kab) approach but I use my Helix LT through a Fryette PS2 when going that route. When direct, I'm using the Kemper.

Kudos to MattFig as far as pumping out all the great liquid profiles and a lot of great amps.

• Update from me as well: using since the purchase almost only the LPs (Dumble, Shiva, SL, JTM and JCM) and I cover any possible kind of situation. Now, please the Hiwatt and the Twin and I'm done

If something is too complicated, then you need to learn it better

I bought the JCM800, Friedman modded Superlead, and just recently, the BE100. I was mainly after the direct profiles and was finding the bass too present in those. Since getting the Kab, I had been really forcing direct profiles and adding my own IRs. I decided to go back and spend some time with the studio profiles on my MattFig LP packs and that's where it's at. The choices and sounds...all really good and the bass (and other frequencies) are all where you'd expect them on a real amp. They compare as favorably with any of the great studio profiles out there...especially for the Marshall-style folks. FWIW, I tried the studio profiles with the Kab and with some slight EQ tweaks on the monitor EQ, it's right where I want it. I imagine his direct profiles may set up a bit better for a true amp/cab (vs Kab) approach but I use my Helix LT through a Fryette PS2 when going that route. When direct, I'm using the Kemper.

Kudos to MattFig as far as pumping out all the great liquid profiles and a lot of great amps.

Thank you so much for the kind words and support!!! I sincerely appreciate you!

• One question for you Mattfig

Definition settings...are you upping those post profiling? I like that 6-8 range myself which is why I think I'm digging your studio profiles a lot. If the definition gets down below 5, it starts sounding a bit too round and warm for my ear. I notice a lot of vintage JCM800 and Marshall JMP, etc profiles can have defintion in the 4-5 range from profiling. I do know the Friedman profiles I've tried are normally all the way up at 10 defintion.

I think there are no studio profiles. They sound all the same with my Kemper Kone Cabinet when an Imprint is active. I assume they are merged profiles.

Mattfig

Your profiles are absolutely the best. I’m just waiting for a dual rectifier😀

• I think there are no studio profiles. They sound all the same with my Kemper Kone Cabinet when an Imprint is active. I assume they are merged profiles.

Interesting...would be cool to get a confirmation. On his '71 Friedman modified Marshall, he advertises "Complete DI and 4 Studio Cabs through the Normal and Bright inputs." Doesn't mean they aren't merged, but it's not clear.

• Interesting...would be cool to get a confirmation. On his '71 Friedman modified Marshall, he advertises "Complete DI and 4 Studio Cabs through the Normal and Bright inputs." Doesn't mean they aren't merged, but it's not clear.

Hi,

All my profile packs are made in studio with live cabs and mics. All packs also feature additional DI profiles for those who wish to use a traditional cab or IR.

• I don’t say they are not profiled in a studio. To me they sound like merged profiles and that is a good thing in my opinion. So you make a studio profile and a direct profile and merge them. When you switch off the cab section in the Kemper you get the sound of the direct profile.

The regular profiles and the direct profiles sound absolutely the same through my Kemper Kone Speaker with active Imprint.

When I have two studio profiles of the same amp with the same settings but different cabinets, they sound different to each other through my Kone Speakers. On this profiles it is not the case.

• I don’t say they are not profiled in a studio. To me they sound like merged profiles and that is a good thing in my opinion. So you make a studio profile and a direct profile and merge them. When you switch off the cab section in the Kemper you get the sound of the direct profile.

The regular profiles and the direct profiles sound absolutely the same through my Kemper Kone Speaker with active Imprint.

When I have two studio profiles of the same amp with the same settings but different cabinets, they sound different to each other through my Kone Speakers. On this profiles it is not the case.

I understand and appreciate the interest...I do not merge anything....My profiles are made as I mentioned, using live cabs and mics...DI is done as well but at no point am I combining additional pieces to the profiles. Hope I am making sense...

Hey Matt !

My apologies if I have asked this before :)

In all your Liquid Profile Packs are there:-

=> both Studio -and- DI versions of every profile (?) ie:- so if there are, say, 8 Studio Profiles there will also be 8 of the same D.I profiles (?)

=> with the D.I Profiles, are these all done with a real speaker connected to the Amp to get the real impedance impact on the D.I amp Profile -or- are they all done via a Load Box (?)

Many thanks,

Ben

Edited once, last by benifin ().

• Hiya! Thanks for the questions and happy to provide answers...

1. Yes, every pack has equivalent DI of every studio capture

2. DI is made with speaker connected but obviously, mics are off for those...

Thanks,

Mattfig