Great sound....just saying

• I played a gig on Friday which as a festival - sound check was rushed, the PA had some buzzing, we had a dep drummer etc....

After the gig I had a message from a punter saying the guitar sound was one of the best he had heard in a long time! No prompting....

Now he could have been referencing the other guitarist who uses a Helix but given I play most of the main parts, I think it was related to me!

So why am I posting this? Given I don't tweak much and my playing is only a reasonable level, it shows that out of the box the Kemper sounds great direct into a PA and it served as a reminder to me that whilst I'm always looking for improvements, this 10 year old piece of gear still nails it for me!

Just saying....

• That's very cool!

Don't sell yourself short. Yeah....the Kemper helps a ton, but the player still needs to pick the right sounds, configure them and actually play the guitar with competence.

As the saying goes "It's not the tool, it's the craftsman." We all know someone with top-shelf everything.....and they still manage to sound horrible.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• My manger finally complemented me on the Kemper sound and is now a true believer. Although, she says I need to take her out the house for dinner more often. ;)

Congrats!

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• After 37 years of gigging and recording, some week ago we did a family production for the wedding of my Step Son (a video with lots of pictures and the nicest moments). A song from Lion King as sound track,where the all family sang and I did a guitar solo in the middle. My wife came out with:"that guitar sounds wonderful"......never been happier ^^

If something is too complicated, then you need to learn it better