wireless

• They are PRS cables made by Van Damme Cables. They are a low capacitance cable. I bought an 18' and a 25'. They are on sale through the end of the year. I can honestly hear and feel a difference.

If I could, I'd bet you money in a blind test you couldn't tell the difference between your cables and my $175.00 G10 wireless system.

If I lost, you should donate your ears to science.

• If I could, I'd bet you money in a blind test you couldn't tell the difference between your cables and my $175.00 G10 wireless system.

If I lost, you should donate your ears to science.

Since I am able to tell the difference between the PRS cables and my $450 Shure digital wireless system, you would lose that bet. Don't get me wrong. I like my wireless. I have not plugged in one of my Sennheiser wirelesses to test it but I would expect the same result.

• To each his own. $1000 IEC power cables, $450 replacement volume knobs, exhoribitantly expensive speaker and instrument cables, crystal aligned and directional. These all exist without an ounce of engineering or physics to support the 'advantages'. The only sure outcome is that the item and the money change hands. Pure nonsense IMO.

On the other hand, the quality of wireless units varies widely for reasons that engineering and physics can easily explain and can be easily heard without the need for the user to claim dog like hearing.

I've been using EW100 wireless systems for almost 20 years. The main reason is so I can walk off stage into the house to hear and mix live gigs. EW100 is not a perfect system, but it's good enough for the gigs I do.

• They are PRS cables made by Van Damme Cables. They are a low capacitance cable. I bought an 18' and a 25'. They are on sale through the end of the year. I can honestly hear and feel a difference.

Everyone, do what you like.....but $150 for 43 feet of cable? That's $3.50 per foot? Good Lord.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

The Van Damme cable is readily available and isn’t particularly expensive so I would just buy a few metres and some Neutrik 1/4” TS plugs and solder up my own.

• The Van Damme cable is readily available and isn’t particularly expensive so I would just buy a few metres and some Neutrik 1/4” TS plugs and solder up my own.

Nor is Mogami 'Gold' - aka Mogami 2524.

It's like, $1.20 per foot.

• After all your contributions, tips, examples and suggestions I finally bought the NUX C . 5C 5.8 GHz wireless system. It really goes through walls and sounds amazing: no loss of tone, no interference, rechargeable lithium battery, light as a feather, negligible latency, great transmission range etc.

Yoda, # 4 You've put me on the right track, man! Thanks!

• After all your contributions, tips, examples and suggestions I finally bought the NUX C . 5C 5.8 GHz wireless system. It really goes through walls and sounds amazing: no loss of tone, no interference, rechargeable lithium battery, light as a feather, negligible latency, great transmission range etc.

Yoda, # 4 You've put me on the right track, man! Thanks!

I saw these online but passed them up because they are TRS, how does that work in a TS jack?

"Faith don't need no second opinion"

• The Van Damme cable is readily available and isn’t particularly expensive so I would just buy a few metres and some Neutrik 1/4” TS plugs and solder up my own.

In the US? I have not seen it available here. I have no issues soldering up my own cables. I made all of the cables on all of my pedal boards. I have been doing that for years.

• You could get it here. But it’s laughably expensive per foot. The only place that I can see is Van Damme Cables USA.

They want to sell it in big bulk. Or charge an arm and a leg for premade.

Gotta be an equivalent from someone else. The only reason I think they’re that expensive is because they don’t have much of a presence with their instrument stuff in the states.

• In the US? I have not seen it available here. I have no issues soldering up my own cables. I made all of the cables on all of my pedal boards. I have been doing that for years.

Hmm, that’s interesting. I’m in the UK so didn’t know it is difficult to get in the US. I buy it easily and cheaply here in the UK.

• I saw these online but passed them up because they are TRS, how does that work in a TS jack?

Yes, really a good question. I wondered aboujt this too so I contacted the manufacturer about this issue. This what he wrote back to me:

Hi Ray,

Good day and thanks for getting in touch.

It comes in the TRS form factor because it also serves as the charging port.

Not really a stereo jack.

Best Regards,

Michael Oyo

• And I'll betcha Van Halen, Jimmi Hendrix, Clapton, Beck etc. etc etc. did their most famous work without a cable that costs $3.50 a foot. It's cork sniffery.

You're correct. There is a fair amount of cork sniffing going on. More than any other type of player, electric guitarists in particular are notorious for it.

But let's be fair and look at the other side. Wireless was fantasy in the 60s. The first one (Shaffer-Vega) didn't even start shipping until the mid-70s. "High end" cables didn't exist. Those cats had no option.

Besides that - even today - no one outside of maybe Angus Young who would record their stuff using wireless. Outside of some 'effect' it might create, why would you? It's a tool for performing.

Live, EVH and Clapton used wireless all the time. To my knowledge, Beck never did...but, c'mon.....Jeff Beck. We can speculate that Hendrix would have used wireless live. I don't see how he wouldn't have.

• I have used wireless live for many years. The whole COVID shutdown changed my ears somehow. I hear things now I didn't necessarily hear when gigging every weekend. I also feel more interaction now than I did before. I decided to buy a couple of high end, low capacitance, cables to give them a try because they were on sale. I was very surprised at the results when using them. I would have been saying all of the naysayer things being said to me here before this.

I am not looking for anyone's approval of how I spend my money or approve of the items I purchase. I don't really care whether anyone else would spend the money to buy these cables. I am happy with the purchase and like the results. Van Damme is making lower capacitance cables than Monster. I have talked with guys that do lots of studio work and they are using the same cables I purchased and are hearing a difference in their mixes. I typically use cheap cables. I have purchased decent bulk cable and made my own in the past. I was fine with those. I decided to give these a try and was honestly surprised at the results. I have also moved to a thicker better quality cable between my amp heads and speaker cabinets. I am happy with that decision and results too.

Make sure when comparing these other good cables to the ones I mentioned to look at all of the specs, especially the capacitance. If you don't believe in these things or want to spend the money, cool. Buy what you want and like.