Ahhh What's that? A New Kemper Model? Profiler Player

• If i'm not wrong, he won't be able to push rigs from his library or make updates if he owns only a tab/smartphone ?!

I think you‘re right. With a tablet / smartphone you can only edit your rigs and not organize them.

Kemper Stage - Macbook Air 2017 - macOS Catalina 10.15.7 - Logic Pro X

• I do not really understand the FX limitations ??? why only a selection of the actual FXs , I don't think it's due to power limitations but by choice ???

It's disturbing , as most of my tones have a carefully build set of fx , like phaser vibe etc .. . I understand the loops & only 4 slots , but why limit the type of fx :/

• If i'm not wrong, he won't be able to push rigs from his library or make updates if he owns only a tab/smartphone ?!

I am assuming OS and rigs can be added via thumb drive. Old School :P

New talent management advice to Laura Cox -

“Laura want to break the internet? let’s shoot another video of you covering the Nightrain solo in the blue singlet, but this time we’ll crank up the air conditioning”.

• I got mine yesterday. I’m a 63 year old NON-tech person that hates anything complicated at all. So far I’ve only played it through headphones but I downloaded the software from my iPad and the connection to the Kemper pedal was real easy. The software is really easy to see all the loaded amps. I was playing through them with a strat and the cleaner profiles sound amazing just as they are with no tweaking. The heavy profiles did not sound good with the Strat but likely will with Humbucker’s.

I didn’t figure out how to send music from my phone to it yet but if it does that well it’s going to be a great headphone practice amp. I have a new set of Yamaha 5” studio monitors under the Christmas tree that I plan to hook to it and I expect that will sound fine in my small room I’m going to be playing it in. I’m keeping it simple.

I don’t know if it will do everything you high level users will want, but for my use I think it will be the best piece of gear I’ve bought in a long time. I had a Kemper toaster on two different occasions and I loved it at times but got frustrated and sold it off both times. It was too much menus and options for me and when it sounded bad I couldn’t figure it out. I think this is just enough.

• I do not really understand the FX limitations ??? why only a selection of the actual FXs , I don't think it's due to power limitations but by choice ???

It's disturbing , as most of my tones have a carefully build set of fx , like phaser vibe etc .. . I understand the loops & only 4 slots , but why limit the type of fx :/

Go back to post #134 where CK talks and explains. Pay to play apparently.

New talent management advice to Laura Cox -

“Laura want to break the internet? let’s shoot another video of you covering the Nightrain solo in the blue singlet, but this time we’ll crank up the air conditioning”.

• I imagine that it has come down to simple economics. The player already has a lot of the efx and features of its bigger brothers but at half the price. I'd say it's even pushing it to the point that it could interfere in the value of the others but that's my opinion. The unit may be able to process all the efx in the profilers but to give them away for half the price makes no business sense hence updated efx may have an after market cost associated with them. That makes the most sense since not everyone who purchases the player will need all these efx because, as the player was intended for pedal boards, those that purchase most likely have their own efx chains from preference already and don't need to purchase anything extra. But the option may be there for those that do later down the road.

• Well I may have posted too early. This morning the iPad software can’t find the pedal and just keeps spinning. The green light is on the pedal so it should be connecting. Frustrating. I’ve rebooted the pedal and the iPad. Just won’t connect.

• Im trying to wrap my mind on wether the delays would work for me. I use “Andy timmonish” delays..2 delays, analog typ, modulated, and crossfeedback.

The manual suggests that all delays have generic parameters, which include crossfeedback.

But..the only “2 delays type” seems to be the “Two tap”…the one in my current Kemper doesn’t have cross feedback.

Does the “Player” include a delaytype that isn’t in my toaster?…or is the delay type I look for just not in the box atm?

• I imagine that it has come down to simple economics. The player already has a lot of the efx and features of its bigger brothers but at half the price. I'd say it's even pushing it to the point that it could interfere in the value of the others but that's my opinion. The unit may be able to process all the efx in the profilers but to give them away for half the price makes no business sense hence updated efx may have an after market cost associated with them. That makes the most sense since not everyone who purchases the player will need all these efx because, as the player was intended for pedal boards, those that purchase most likely have their own efx chains from preference already and don't need to purchase anything extra. But the option may be there for those that do later down the road.

Well said!

Stage and Rack pro owner-user here. I'm getting Player ASAP and can't wait for Kemper to offer paid upgrades (8 fx slots and morphing for me, please). I'm sure they'll be worth every euro.

Discounted Player upgrades for existing Stage/Rack/Toaster owners would make things even more awesome :)

• Thus we consider since quit a while to offer one or two software upgrade (with costs), that will boost the Players features towards the Head, Rack and Stage.

wOT , a kind of DLC ??? that's pretty strange , especially for the ones already owing the big brothers.

the player has already a few connectivity limitations , no profiling ability, and only a few fx slots ... etc, why take the DLC road ???

• Well I may have posted too early. This morning the iPad software can’t find the pedal and just keeps spinning. The green light is on the pedal so it should be connecting. Frustrating. I’ve rebooted the pedal and the iPad. Just won’t connect.

Do you have both connected to your kocal wlan? The QR code is one off, it doesn't reconnect automatically

If something is too complicated, then you need to learn it better

• wOT , a kind of DLC ??? that's pretty strange , especially for the ones already owing the big brothers.

the player has already a few connectivity limitations , no profiling ability, and only a few fx slots ... etc, why take the DLC road ???

If the pedal is capable of near-parity with the larger models…..that’s worth something more.

At the end of the day - the value in a digital amp is the software. Not the size of the box.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• Hey all!

I recently got a HX one and also just ordered a new Kemper Player. The HX one can be both in front of an amplifier and in it's effects loop by using the 4 cable method.

The Kemper Player has no effects loop, but is it still possible to use the HX one in 4 cable method in order to place effects behind the amp (and in this case also the cab) and if so, is the way below the correct way to do it?

Guitar connected to the HX One in - L/mono => HX one Out - Right (send) to Kemper Player guitar input => Kemper Player L output to HX One Right (return) Input => HX One L (mono) Output to a DI box / cabinet / Audio interface, ...

Added is a screenshot of the HX one manual concerning 4 cable method.

• wOT , a kind of DLC ??? that's pretty strange , especially for the ones already owing the big brothers.

In economics this is called "price discrimination."

Basically imagine you have 100 potential customers for this product.

One group of 50 (we'll call them Group A) will only pay $700 for it; and if it is only $700, they are ok with a more limited set of features.

Another group of 25 people (Group B) will buy it for $700 with more limited features, but *would* pay $1000 for it with expanded features.

Another group of 25 people (Group C) will only buy it with expanded features, and they would pay $1000 for that.

If you sell it with limited features for $700, Group A will buy and group B will buy, and you will make $52,500 (75*700)

If you sell it with expanded features for $700, all 100 will buy, and you will make $70,000 (100*700)

If you sell it with expanded features for $1000, only Group B and C will buy, and you will make $50,000 (50*1000)

But what if there was a way to sell it with limited features for $700 and expanded features for $1000?

Now all 100 will buy and you make $85,000 (Group A: 50*700, Group B & C: 50*1000).

DLC allowed for price discrimination which maximizes your revenue in many cases. Companies love price discrimination but in many cases it is either impossible or illegal (i.e. a company could maximize their revenue if they charged a rich person $50 for a box of cereal but a poor person $5, but you can't do that both logistically or legally). But in situations where they can do it, they often will do it.