Ahhh What's that? A New Kemper Model? Profiler Player

• What would be a good power supply for the Player? (also needs to power a Dunlop wah and Shure GLXD6+).

I'm going to order some parallel adapters for my cioks dc-7 - 4 outlets combined @ 9vlts gives you 2.6 amps for the player, one outlet @ 12vlts for 500 milliamps for the shure, 1 reg 9vlt for the wah plus a spare outlet. They also have the crux add-on which will power the player and leave the other 7 outputs free if you need more.

Changed my order to just get the crux. Makes the most sense to me. Better to have too much and not need....

Edited once, last by dfdfan ().

• Hi there. Since I already spent some time on the forum without finding a specific thread (correct me if I am wrong) I thought of creating a new thread dedicated to external control options for the Player. First of all, I already enjoy playing powered toasters (with remotes) in my band since 10 years ago, plus a non-powered rack at home, with a variety of midi footswitches. Now that I finally got my Player, I am exploring the same MIDI control options as we plan to use them as a more convenient fly-in solution.

I connected my Tech 21 Midi Mongoose to the Player using the first rendition of the ESI MIDI-USB cable, previously tested for functionality with a midi keyboard. The Mongoose only transmits PC via Channel 1, but since the Player is set to Omni, this should not be a problem. However, pressing a button on the Mongoose did not change a rig on the Player. I perused the manual but it did not contain any specific info on how to hook up and set up external MIDI controllers with the Player. Nor did I find any MIDI-related setting on the Player and in the Rig Manager.

It's possible that I may have missed something, possibly something quite obvious, even, so that's why I am looking for advice here :) It looks like we're going the Morningstar MC8 way, which seems to be able to replicate as much as possible from what the Remote offers, plus the addition of Exp Pedals. I know that the MC8 is a very capable and highly-customizable unit, so I have little concern about what it can do.

However, until it arrives, I'd still be willing to see if the Player changes rigs with an ordinary MIDI footswitch hooked up to a casual MIDI > USB-A cable.

Thanks!

• So far I haven't got into anything other than making Program changes (PC toggle) to change Rigs.

Set my controller to Midi channel 1 PC number 0 gives Rig 1-1, PC number 1 gives Rig 1-2, etc.

Using the Luminite Graviton Midi Controllerwith wireless pad on guitar gets me easy midi control. Who needs stomp switches anymore Lol!

I am trying to get my Airstep Multi to work with Player.I have tried

Would you mind sharing how you connect it?

Is it with USB/MIDI interface?

or USB A to USB C cable?

I have tried both and followed your setting description.

It is like the Player is not connected to Airstep.

What Airstep firmware are you using?

• Anyone already tried to put the Player on a pedaltrain Nano board?

I’ve tried that pedalboard builder site but looks like a tight fit.

I'd go for the metro instead. Not much bigger but just enough to give you a little protection for the i/o jacks on the player. Nano is 1/2" smaller than the player and those i/o jacks are just plastic.

• I’m not using an Airstep controller it is a Luminite Graviton M1, it has USB A and C ports, the C port is designed to be midi port but that could be different on others.

I have USB A port on the Kemper Player to USB C port in controller.

The controller has the option set for'Device to Computer' selected in the M1 USB Midi settings selected.I don’t know if that is unique to the Luminite M 1 or other devices offer that kind of functionality also.

• I’m not using an Airstep controller it is a Luminite Graviton M1, it has USB A and C ports, the C port is designed to be midi port but that could be different on others.

I have USB A port on the Kemper Player to USB C port in controller.

The controller has the option set for'Device to Computer' selected in the M1 USB Midi settings selected.I don’t know if that is unique to the Luminite M 1 or other devices offer that kind of functionality also.

Is the M1 working well for you for selecting rigs, bank up/down, etc.? I believe I read a post from you about that controller previously and it looks exactly like what I'd want to try with the Player.

• ckemper you’re deluged with messages about your new product, the KPP. Many are complaining that you haven’t maintained full compatibility between the KPP and the other Profilers. I’m super excited to receive the KPP, even after reading literally mountains of complaining posts. I’m already a member of the “Kemper-verse” because of my Virus TI2 (please, please, please fix the bugs!), but this is my first entry into the world of Profilers, after trying HeadRush and Tonex. After all of my research, I am certain that the KPP will be right for me!

I feel you’ve done a great job designing the hardware for the KPP. It puts your signature tone and functionality in a smaller package. For me, it’s near perfect. I want a single, small-footprint multi-effect and amp/cabinet pedal. I’m very happy to use my iPhone or iPad for Rig Manager. I don’t even mind the limited effects slots and missing effects. Had I kept the Tonex, I would have bought another pedal like the H90, to fill the gaps. Now, I need only one amazing pedal, the KPP.

I am writing because I think that rig compatibility with the big-brother Profilers is very important. Anyone with a Profiler will expect to download their Rigs and play. They will want to use Rigs from Rig Exchange as they are. None of the hardware limitations prevent that, but the missing effects, Performances, Morph, foot switch control options and 2-before and 2-after amp stack effects slot do.

The KPP is already selling like hot cakes. You deserve this success! Even so, there is logic behind the complaints. If I were you, I would enable those missing features as an update, and reserve Profiling for a paid upgrade. Most KPP buyers will use existing or downloaded Rigs and Profiles, and won’t Profile. My two cents, for what it’s worth (less than $.02 for sure).

As an aside, while I’m bugging you, I would greatly appreciate if you could expediate the order from your local distributor, Wild Guitars. I understand they placed it before the holidays, and reportedly paid already.

Cristoph, thanks for kindly considering the opinion of an aspiring amateur who has voted for you with my limited pocketbook and my even-more-precious time!

• Ooooh that Driftwood 8) 8)

• Thus we consider since quit a while to offer one or two software upgrade (with costs), that will boost the Players features towards the Head, Rack and Stage.

Any timelines on the decision making?...will that be announced before release?

Thing is..I’d buy today if it’s on your roadmap ;)

• An interesting question for me is:

1) If the additional features were to be added (paid) how effective a product would the player be (relative to the market competitors)

2) Is a phone app on a mic stand an acceptable replacement for the stomp having a display? As one of you pointed out, can you REALLY see the stomp display from a standing position? I routinely have either a phone or a tablet on the mic stand to control my monitor mix (and sometimes the FOH mix). Having an app as a display screen for a Kemper Player doesn't seem like much of a stretch really. It is something to think about.

When I first moved from an analog mixer to a digital rack mixer, I was very afraid of mixing from a tablet. Now ..... I can't imagine doing it any other way. Is it possible that the era of stomp displays being on the floor is near an end?

A fully functional Kemper player with a remote display for $800.00 would still be quite a gig rig IMO.

• Thank you crivat for your question about the MIDI connection with the Player. This is a very urgent question for me also. I would like to connect the KPP with my GigRig G3 Atom Looper/Controller and one or two H9. Has anyone happen to have a solution for that in terms of connecting the Players USB (in/out?) with the regular MIDI out/in of the G3 controller and the effect stomps?

• Thank you crivat for your question about the MIDI connection with the Player. This is a very urgent question for me also. I would like to connect the KPP with my GigRig G3 Atom Looper/Controller and one or two H9. Has anyone happen to have a solution for that in terms of connecting the Players USB (in/out?) with the regular MIDI out/in of the G3 controller and the effect stomps?

You can buy a USB to MIDI cable that in theory does what you want. I don't use one because my midi controller has a USB MIDI port.

I have successfully used that midi controller to send USB MIDI to the Player and change to any of the five presets in the ten banks.

Player does that by receiving PC (program change commands) 0-49

I don't know if it can receive other MIDI commands although the other Kemper devices are quite robust in that department and it is unlikely Kemper would have removed that from the programming of the Player.

I don't have any experience with the GigRig G3, if it sends PC numbers then yes it should work, but I think you have to use the 0-49 range of PC commands since there doesn't seem to be a way to assign different PC numbers to the Players 50 'presets'.

I am doing something very similar , except my controller/switcher is the dpc-5 gen3 from disaster area designs . it works but could be smoother ( lacks of being able to set a specific channel for the kpp ) so I have the h9 set to midi channel 2 that seems to be working except most presets numbers past 4 I can see the kpp goes to a different preset before the one it's programmed to go to .