Ahhh What's that? A New Kemper Model? Profiler Player

• Tried it all with Airstep.

Does not work.

• Tried it all with Airstep.

Does not work.

Are you sending PC numbers not CC? And via an USB A to MIDI converter cable? The USB B port on Player is for editor on computer not for midi.

And have the correct midi channel set for send on the AirStep?

Sorry, that’s all I can think of

• Are you sending PC numbers not CC? And via an USB A to MIDI converter cable? The USB B port on Player is for editor on computer not for midi.

And have the correct midi channel set for send on the AirStep?

Sorry, that’s all I can think of

Tried both PC and CC.

Tried USB A to USB C cable, USB/MIDI cable with IN and OUT, only IN, only OUT, reversed.

Rebooted multiple times.

Tried with all versions ot Airstep firmware.

Tried with BOSS FC-50.

Spent shit lot of time on it.

Everything works OK with Stage.

Waiting for Player update……and good deal on Morningstar 8 button model.

• I'm able to use AIRSTEP Lite with a Bluetooth MIDI Dongle (WIDI Bud Pro) in the Profiler.

I'm using AIRSTEP Firmware V1.9.2 (I have issius with V1.9.3 using Page Turn on my iPad at the same time)

I send CC Messages from AIRSTEP to choose effects and from my iPad PC to select a Profile.

Kemper Profiler Player with Power Cabinet

• Not sure it does in the parameters of the unit…but it sure does under the hood. It’s a dotted 8 + 1/4 delay, feeding back in oneanother. So single delay will not work in my mind…

It’s a populair delay, (Andy Timmons signature preset) maybe worth making a kemper version ;). The current dual delay can get very very close to my ears…at least good enough for me to ditch the Halo from my “analog board” if the Player can do that ;)

Any chance you'd be willing to share your delay settings that come close to the Halo sound? I've tried so hard and can't get it close enough to my liking (currently using a Halo in the effects loop of my Stage for this very reason). There was a thread on this very topic a few months back and someone posted their settings but I found that it didn't come close enough to my ears.

• I'm able to use AIRSTEP Lite with a Bluetooth MIDI Dongle (WIDI Bud Pro) in the Profiler.

I'm using AIRSTEP Firmware V1.9.2 (I have issius with V1.9.3 using Page Turn on my iPad at the same time)

I send CC Messages from AIRSTEP to choose effects and from my iPad PC to select a Profile.

Airstep works OK with Stage, but not Player.

• Does someone successfully get to charge their tablet from the Usb port? My tablet wont charge, only phone gets enough current.

So that's a story that I wanted to deal with anyway!

The message "Not Charging" on Apple devices is unfortunately a bit misleading.

Every Profiler device supplies up to 500 mA of current through the USB A connector. This is what a regular phone charger delivers.

When you connect an iPad on such a source, it will tell you "Not Charging", because your iPad is switched on, showing that message, and drawing most of the currrent for the device itself, being powered. Not much additional (or no) current is left for charging the battery in parallel.

Now if you switch off your iPad, it will charge using the full 500 mA! But the display is off and would not inform you about that. That's a paradox :)

Thus you can charge any device on a Profiler up to 100% if there is enough time. But you should keep it switched off during that time.

But you can also keep a device powered for an indefinete time, it it does not draw too much current. It would not charge then, but it also would not discharge the battery.

The rule of thumb is, the larger the screen, and the brighter, the more current the device draws.

I did a test with my iPad Pro 11' a couple weeks ago to power it with my Profiler. I checked and adjusted the screen brightness so that the battery would not discharge, which took some time. Then I let the iPad run with the Profiler Rigmanager App running for 11 hours. It worked!

The screen brightness was only at one third, but that was still bright enough for a dim stage. The battery load came up from 76% to 82% in these 11 hours. So merely charging, but not discharging. If it was discharging slowly, the screen brightness would draw a bit more than the 500mA of current, and the battery had to support it, until it was empty.

The iPad showed "Not Charging" for 11 hours, which is about a true statement.

If I had a smaller tablet, such as an 8' Kindle Fire, I could have the screen brighter, at the same current.

So it is possible on stage to have a tablet with editor powered by the Profiler the whole night including sound check.

CK

• Airstep works OK with Stage, but not Player.

this would be very strange... Stage and Player share the same codebase for USBMIDI, and MIDI processing, and don't differ in this area.

Today we've verified here internally as a reference, just to be sure: switching rigs on the PLAYER through USB-MIDI with ProgramChange 1..50 works as expected for the USB-A port as well as the USB-B port.

If this doesn't work with the Airstep, the suspicion is with the configuration or operation of the Airstep :-\

• I'm considering purchasing a Player for smaller gigs. However, the midi implications are growing increasingly vague. Do certain midi devices work with the Player and others don't? Is there a definitive list of hassle free integration?

• USB midi is supported on both USB connectors. The PROFILER models can act as USB device as well as USB host.

So: you can connect

- USB midi to a PC

- USB midi to a tablet or mobile phone

- USB midi to a foot controller

- USB midi to a converter to get DIN midi

these all works fine

hassle free integration? : USB midi is not different than DIN midi in this respect: as with all equipment: one has to take the time to master it. With some external control gear it is needed to configure correct settings, which may not always be easy or trivial.

USB midi when using an external controller has 2 big advantages:

1 = only one cable instead of three, (in, out, powersupply) and no problems with wrongly plugged IN or OUT

2 = power supply over the same cable, and need to externally power the controller

The PROFILER's USB midi host capabilities / connector are actually a very nice, and in much cases, better alternative to legacy DIN connections.

• Ah, got it

Ah, got it. Thanks for the clarification.

• Does it work with Xsonic Airstep?

When I plug my Airstep (using USB C to USB A cable) and power up the Player, it stops booting process with 14 white LEDs on and the last one blinking.

Is my Player defective?

• kpahuitsing does Player route MIDI between the USB A and USB B ports?

Some here may ask why would I want that. Consider this scenario:

1. Plug a Softstep2 (or any other pedal-type MIDI controller) into USB A
    2. Plug an iPad into USB B
    3. Load Camelot Pro, BandHelper or forScore on the iPad
    4. Use the iPad app to operate a set list, and select Rigs per song
    5. Select next song or scene using Softstep2 footswitches

If Player routes MIDI, this could be workable.

• kpahuitsing does Player route MIDI between the USB A and USB B ports?

Some here may ask why would I want that. Consider this scenario:

1. Plug a Softstep2 (or any other pedal-type MIDI controller) into USB A
    2. Plug an iPad into USB B
    3. Load Camelot Pro, BandHelper or forScore on the iPad
    4. Use the iPad app to operate a set list, and select Rigs per song
    5. Select next song or scene using Softstep2 footswitches

If Player routes MIDI, this could be workable.

Yes: the scenario you describe here will work already, and doesn't need routing.

all of the MIDI inputs (USB-A , USB-B) are merged, and can be used to control the player at the same time.

• Does it work with Xsonic Airstep?

When I plug my Airstep (using USB C to USB A cable) and power up the Player, it stops booting process with 14 white LEDs on and the last one blinking.

Is my Player defective?

to me it looks like the Airstep is creating a MIDI loop via USB then... or maybe something goes wrong with the USB enumeration.

On another thread a user reports that an Airstep lite firmware was needed to get it going :

So it seems to me the Airstep has firmware issues.

Unfortunately it's not feasible for us to debug all possible external non-Kemper gear problems.

It would help if we would get a so called 'USB descriptor dump' from your Airstep.

• hassle free integration? : USB midi is not different than DIN midi in this respect: as with all equipment: one has to take the time to master it. With some external control gear it is needed to configure correct settings, which may not always be easy or trivial.

The problem is here for me ^^ :D

Is a Player remote planned in the roadmap (maybe not the same as Profiler remote but a smaller one) ?

• The problem is here for me ^^ :D

Is a Player remote planned in the roadmap (maybe not the same as Profiler remote but a smaller one) ?

which problem? setting up an external MIDI controller? .. yes that can be tricky, and demanding.

that's why the Remote was developed for the other models, but the remote isn't compatible with the Player indeed.

• which problem? setting up an external MIDI controller? .. yes that can be tricky, and demanding.

that's why the Remote was developed for the other models, but the remote isn't compatible with the Player indeed.

Exactly ; setting it up.

I've guessed the remote can't control the player cause commands go through RJ45 cable, this is the reason why i asked if a Player remote was planned ;) :)