PLAYER - what were they thinking?

• Hmmm, this works perfectly fine as a backup to my main KP Rack. I still can use my same Rigs just fewer , less effects, morphing but it will certainly get me by in a time of need. If you need more than that, a second KP Rack is really what you need for redundancy. IMO

• To each their own, but to me a backup solution is exactly like the small spare tire for a car. Somewhat limited, but enough to keep you going until you can get things repaired.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• Hmmm, this works perfectly fine as a backup to my main KP Rack. I still can use my same Rigs just fewer , less effects, morphing but it will certainly get me by in a time of need. If you need more than that, a second KP Rack is really what you need for redundancy. IMO

Fair enough.

I would have liked a backup in the form of a 3 button small rig Kemper Player. It could then operate as a throw and go rig for when carrying a rack and FC is just too much.

If I were to buy .... just a backup for my primary gigging, you are correct. I would just get another used Rack (which you can get for <1K today).

Would have liked to have a backup that also acted as a simple (I can put it in my luggage) portable solution. Hard to argue with the Kemper tone though. Just would really need the full premium efx in order to not have to have a special work effort to get my backup solution acceptable for a gig.

I still might end up getting it some day. Hard to give up that Kemper tone ;). I'll wait out the premium verbs and delays though.

• Hi there - new to the Kemper/modelling/capture world (purely amps before). I can tell you the Kemper Player is for the thousands of guitarists out there like me, who want to take the leap into this digital world, but without all the faff of tone capture, millions of features, etc. I just want something I can plug into that works straight up, like an amp does, and which sounds great. One XLR is fine by me - my amp is mono too after all :).

And having had the Player now for a week - I could not be happier.

The last thing I wanted was the Toaster, Rack or Stage - all overly complicated, too big and surplus to requirements.

So I don't think the Player is aimed at you old hands in this world, but boy is it converting many of us from the tube amp world into this one!

Peace

Len

• Same here. I’m new too. Well I had a toaster for a minute ages ago.

Anyways my point is that I wasn’t too happy about some of the omissions and was fairly certain I’d send it back.

I mean some of the profiles are terrible but the majority work out of the box with most changes being definition. Done

Didn’t think I’d like it that much. I’m a fan because it actually does what I needed it for.

So yes I think they get a new section to their customer base they didn’t have prior.

• The last thing I wanted was the Toaster, Rack or Stage - all overly complicated, too big and surplus to requirements.

It depends where you come from, i mean if you use Pre/post amp effects with your traditional rig ?!

I had the same prejudice before buying my stage cause of old looking Kemper devices (the amount of buttons too) and though i came from another modeler...

At the end, Kemper's devices are so well thought out/designed. FX chain is simple, every button is a quick access, it's just amazing.... short press to activate an effect, long press to enter into parameters.... To affect an effect to a stomp. Press the switch and the soft button --> Done.... :thumbup: <3

• Why do you think some of the Profiles are terrible?

Probably same reason other device’s presets aren’t to my liking.

A matter of taste.

I mean the Wagner Uberpack or the preset 1 in the Player the Golub modded Marshall are amazing. Two banks up I shake my head.

But it’s all good I got more great presets than I could expect.

Plus my 4 UAFX and tonex pedals been laying dormant.

Be nice if customer support ever got back to my about the DOS power supply.

• Had the Player come first, or very early on…..none of these questions/criticisms/complaints would exist.

Asking the Player to do what the bigger units do is like asking an HX Stomp equal a Helix, or insisting an FM3 do what an AxeFX III does.

They serve different purposes. Just ‘cause it doesn’t fit *your* expectations means nothing.

HX Stomp isn't missing any effects. This thing is. No comparison.

• Be nice if customer support ever got back to my about the DOS power supply.

I cannot find any tickets for the email address or serial number that you have registered in your account. If you used the contact form in the support section of our website please send us a message and make sure to select "product support inquiry" as the feedback type.

• HX Stomp isn't missing any effects. This thing is. No comparison.

Returned my HX Stomp XL after a week. Unusable because of the lag between presets. And no, snapshots are not cool: if a unit has such lag between presets, it's a no-no, at least for me. The Player controlled with a Morningstar MC8 nails it.

Yes, I do believe that the KPA cured my GAS.

• Returned my HX Stomp XL after a week. Unusable because of the lag between presets. And no, snapshots are not cool: if a unit has such lag between presets, it's a no-no, at least for me. The Player controlled with a Morningstar MC8 nails it.

I've been using the HX Stomp and XL live for years several times a week. Shapshots work perfectly. It can't get much easier.

Edited once, last by JCW308 ().

• I've been using the HX Stomp and XL live for years several times a week. Scenes work perfectly.

Glad to see you're happy with scenes, I wasn't. Maybe I am a bit oldschool, I just need my patches directly accessible because I often jump between them and I need a very clean, visual workflow, that's why I am so happy with the KPA and the Remote. I got the HX for fly-in gigs and still needed a solid MIDI controller with plenty of programmability. Cue in the lag and add it to changing the platform... hence switching to the Player. Currently working on downsizing the racks for this fall's tour, just to see if this works.

Yes, I do believe that the KPA cured my GAS.

• Glad to see you're happy with scenes, I wasn't. Maybe I am a bit oldschool, I just need my patches directly accessible because I often jump between them and I need a very clean, visual workflow, that's why I am so happy with the KPA and the Remote. I got the HX for fly-in gigs and still needed a solid MIDI controller with plenty of programmability. Cue in the lag and add it to changing the platform... hence switching to the Player. Currently working on downsizing the racks for this fall's tour, just to see if this works.

I assume what you call "scenes" are "snapshots" in L6 terms... IMO, it's not fair to compare L6 stomp familly to Head/Rack (with remote) or Kemper Stage....

I had a Helix LT before and the way to built and to move toward snapshots was just amazing, the ergonomic is rather remarkable on this point.

The difference with Kemper is elsewhere ; just the most important thing in my opinion : amp/cab sound ;)

• We'll agree to disagree. The Stomp is limited compared to its bigger brothers.

L6 and Fractal purpose same FX (and amp/cab sims) in all devices. Block's number is reduced but not at all something that prevents us from using this device on its own.

Helix stomp offers more FX blocks than a Kemper Stage.... I don't even speak about FM3, the number of blocks seems to be very important.

As i said i had a Helix before and my FX chain was smaller and smaller. I could easily switch/copy a simple Rig from a unit to another one if i had a Helix and a stomp.

Those two limitations all together with the player would prevent me from doing so....

• I cannot find any tickets for the email address or serial number that you have registered in your account. If you used the contact form in the support section of our website please send us a message and make sure to select "product support inquiry" as the feedback type.

Did, done again just now. Thanks for the advise