Not good HI Gain tone in active studio speakers

• Hello all,

first of all I have kemper just for 2 days, i ve never been using digital amp ever (only gojira plugin in pc and my audio interface to Tannoys and it sounded great) Other way i played physical EVH 5150. I have Powerhead version and my active studio speakers are Tannoy gold 7.

I have connection from Main Output left and right ports directly to my Tannoys gold 7. Hopefully it is good. When i press output button on the kemper, then my Main Output is set to Master Stereo which is good I hope atleast.

I bought some profiles that I liked (oficiall from victory and some from Gergo Hajer and bought pack Tue Madsens).

Some profiles sound ok, but still the hi-gain tone isnt that strong and sound really fake and weak. Clean tones are really insane and bright even crunchy tones are lovelly.

I havent tried this on my physical cab yet (i turned cab simulation already - Monitor cab off) so i cant judge if it is good or bad in both ways. My monitor output is Master Mono prepared for my physical CAB.

Thank you all for any tips and suggestion.

I will be gratefull for any advice I will get from you :)

• Thank you for tip. I will check manual, maybe with physical cab it will work fine? When I use just the cab itself without simulation?

Cab simulation in that packs are mostly 4x12 Mesa. I also tried to change cab in rig and still I wasnt happy enough to say "wow" :(

Good to mention that I ve tried kemper weak ago with my friend that has it for years already. We tried some rigs from rig exchange from user and It played fine. He had different monitors of course and in physical box it sounded even better. Used same guitar.

That is why i asked, maybe i can have some output settings wrong :(

• Take the time to learn what the settings does, play around with them and hear how they do affect the Tone. Specially the Output settings and the amp settings

If something is too complicated, then you need to learn it better

• Exacly, it is not that chuggy like for example Gojira plugin. Those chugs arent that powerfull and when you play for example non muted power chords it doesnt sound great and dont hold that strong tone for a long time. I dont know how to say, i like those chugging when you re playing alone it should be full even without other instruments.

Hopefully you can understand.

• Try playing around with Pure Cabinet. I'm a high gain Metal player also, and a bit of Pure Cab was a big game changer for me. 🤘🏻

I doubt that’s he’s issue. I’ve never used pure cab and high gain sounds awsome.

Think for yourself, or others will think for you wihout thinking of you

Henry David Thoreau

• I doubt that’s he’s issue. I’ve never used pure cab and high gain sounds awsome.

Just trying to be helpful, Brother.

If it wasn't for Pure Cabinet, I'd have sold my Kemper shortly after buying it. For me, all Profiles sound somewhat weak, nasal-y & phase-y without it on. Pure Cab makes it sound perfect - to me. 🙂

• Just trying to be helpful, Brother.

If it wasn't for Pure Cabinet, I'd have sold my Kemper shortly after buying it. For me, all Profiles sound somewhat weak, nasal-y & phase-y without it on. Pure Cab makes it sound perfect - to me. 🙂

So do I and I don't trying to take it away from you bro. :)

Think for yourself, or others will think for you wihout thinking of you

Henry David Thoreau