Kemper Kabinet + guitar cabinet

• There is only one speaker output so you eitehr need another amp or drive both cabs from the 1 output, or use an active cab.

There is an "out" from the Kabinet to drive another Kabinet...but...

1) Driving what is closer to an FRFR speaker and a regular guitar speaker is likely to sound pants, especially if using imprints. . Its designed to run other Kabinets.

2) You need to watch the impendence

3) You won't get any additional volume as the impedance will impact the relative volume

For those reasons, its not a great idea IMO

• you cannot use a regular cab and the Kabinet simultaneously even if you connected one of them to the monitor output and an external poweramp since the Kabinet requires the Kone function to be activated and the regular cabinet will not sound great when it gets the signal that is optimized by the Kone function.

• you cannot use a regular cab and the Kabinet simultaneously even if you connected one of them to the monitor output and an external poweramp since the Kabinet requires the Kone function to be activated and the regular cabinet will not sound great when it gets the signal that is optimized by the Kone function.

Or you could run without the imprints in FRFR mode, but I agree it will not sound good.

• Too bad! Other amps have more than one output to speakers at the same time. But I could run one out to another amp input but not speaker?

The Kemper has multiple outputs as well. It has line output as well as a speaker output. Its the only digital amp with a built in power amp so is actually more versatile that other digital solutions in that respect. Its also the only solution with a dedicated speaker solution.

The issue here is using a Kabinet alongside a guitar cab rather than the number of outputs. You could use a splitter cable from the Kemper but again the speakers need to be the same and you need to watch the impedance - not recommended...I only mention it to show its not the number of outputs that are the issue.

The monitors are voiced entirely differently. All monitor solutions function very differently and mixing more than one is problematic.

Whilst this might seem restrictive, your use case is very unusual and hence I would question why. You get no additional volume and mixes the sound sources, which might sound OK but its very unlikely. The Kemper can run these different options but the sound is very different - hence why FRFR sounds very different to Guitar cabs.

So your main options are:

1) Just use a guitar cab of your choice using the speaker output

2) Just use the Kabinet ( which is easily enough for me for monitoring) using the speaker output

3) Buy another Kabinet but get the powered version, which means you can also run stereo

4) Take a line output into an external amp and run any guitar speakers you want. If you use a stereo amp you can run stereo if you desire

With all of these you can still run an output to a PA for FOH when playing live.

It all depends on what you are trying to achieve. If its because you have a guitar cab and you want to make use of it, sell it. If its to get better sound spread, I find the Kabinet is enough. If its to experiment, its unlikely to sound any good....so just depends...

Hope that helps.

Edited once, last by V8guitar ().

• Too bad! Other amps have more than one output to speakers at the same time.

with traditional valve amps there are usually different taps taken from the output transformer to allow for different impedance speakers. For example you might have one 8ohm and two 16ohm outputs so the amp would still be able to deliver full power in either situation. Digital systems with Class D transistor amps don’t work in quite the same way.

• Too bad! Other amps have more than one output to speakers at the same time. But I could run one out to another amp input but not speaker?

The main problem is that your rigs is heterogeneous....

I've got 6 outputs with my stage but can't do what you want neither.

4 outputs are for Main (2 x XLR & 2 x 1/4") all those outputs will integrate the amp + cab + mic sim

The behaviour of the 2 others monitor outputs are linked together : with/without Kone, with/without imprints, with/without cab sims....

• Just get a powerstage or similar to run the regulat cab via the main output with cab block turned off and keep the kab on the powered monitor output with kone imprint on

• Just get a powerstage or similar to run the regulat cab via the main output with cab block turned off and keep the kab on the powered monitor output with kone imprint on

It won't work ; to have Imprints/Kone features, cab block has to be activated...