Octavia effect?

• curious if anyone has found/developed a good Octavia effect. I've searched the forums and the only hits are many years old. I'm looking for a straightforward, classic Octavia effect (think Hendrix, Kenny Wayne Shepherd on "Blue on Black", etc.). The versions from the old threads are combinations of effects, a bit convoluted, and not as impactful as an Octavia.

thanks for any thoughts.

• External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Official Post

Octa Shaper

The Octa Shaper (former Recti Shaper) is based on an electrical rectifier circuit. It distorts the input signal by forcing all the negative segments of the waveform into a positive signal. This effect is by no means new - it is well known from the famous OctaviaTM distortion pedal used by Jimi Hendrix on many songs, most notably on "Purple Haze”. When applied to a guitar signal, the rectifier will make chords sound significantly different, and strangely distorted. Single notes will sound transparent, but with a slight emphasis on the upper octave.

The original, analog OctaviaTM consists of a rectifier circuit and an additional distortion. The Octa Shaper provides only the transparent rectifier circuit, without any additional coloring. When used in front of the stack, you get to enjoy the famous effect, while fully maintaining the original sound of the selected stack, or additional distortion stomp. The traditional technique used with this effect is to play above the 7th fret, with the neck pickup engaged, and the treble rolled off.

• I thought the Kemper fuzz was the best Octavia since it's a newer addition and sounds fantastic to me. Sorry for the incorrect information. I'll have to try the old Octa Shaper then.

• Thanks all. Last time I messed with (maybe when it was rectashaper) it wasn’t that pronounced and didn’t produce that high octave as clearly I’d like. I’ll work with the newer Octashaper.

Thanks again.

• Official Post

Thanks all. Last time I messed with (maybe when it was rectashaper) it wasn’t that pronounced and didn’t produce that high octave as clearly I’d like. I’ll work with the newer Octashaper.

"The traditional technique used with this effect is to play above the 7th fret, with the neck pickup engaged, and the treble rolled off."
    the Octa Shaper isn't a pitch shifter that creates the effect no matter what - you have to give it the 'right' kind of signal to work with (see above)