Kemper FX liquid Profiling!

• The Profiler Model referred to in this thread is ...
    ☑️ Profiler Head/Rack

I have always been fine with amp snapshots, using the stock Kemper EQ and gain to tweek. I really don't have much need /*/for amplifier liquid profiling. Yes it's cool, but not needed.

What I think would be better implemented is Liquid FX profiling of popular and vintage modulation FX. Example: M117 Fanger, Electric Mistress, ADA flanger, Phase 45/90/100, Boss chorus CE1, CE2.

• Personally, I would prefer some type of Liquid Mic'ing or Liquid Cab where we can move the mic around virtually and apply different mics. I would not be surprised if Kemper is looking into this. I have enough effects on Kemper, Plugins, and Pedals to get what I need ATM.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• I have always been fine with amp snapshots, using the stock Kemper EQ and gain to tweek. I really don't have much need /*/for amplifier liquid profiling. Yes it's cool, but not needed.

What I think would be better implemented is Liquid FX profiling of popular and vintage modulation FX. Example: M117 Fanger, Electric Mistress, ADA flanger, Phase 45/90/100, Boss chorus CE1, CE2.

Isn't it the case today ?

Kemper's Stack are closer to an IR, i mean, it's a fixed "picture"/snapshot of an amp+cab+mic.... You can play with parameters to modify the sound but not the way you do with an actual amp (or a modeler).

Liquid has been launched to fill this gap.

For FXs, you've got exactly the same as on real pedals.... The only difference is that, instead of having 6 different wah wahs, delays, etc... Kemper offers all the settings in one FX with no limit to encompass all the possibilities. They already offer "808 mid" "CE1" settings. So, IMO, it's already a "Liquid" or "modeling" FX ?!

Maybe i'm wrong, don't know....

Would you like to have closer FXs sims ? For Example ; This type of chorus has got only two buttons, the deep goes from .... to .... and the rate from ..... to ..... limits....

• New
    • Official Post

I have always been fine with amp snapshots, using the stock Kemper EQ and gain to tweek. I really don't have much need /*/for amplifier liquid profiling. Yes it's cool, but not needed.

Liquid Profiles made the transition from the standard snapshot taken during the profiling process to authentic gain, tonestack, bright cap behaviour by implementing user selectable models in the AMPLIFIER section.

The fx already are models.
    What you are asking for (I believe) is to have more specific models that closely mimic the behaviour of classic stomps, instead of the more 'open' models that rely on parameters to get there.

No matter where you come down in this open model vs. specific model argument, it really has nothing to do with 'Liquid', since they all are already models as previously stated. Which is the only point I was trying to make, sorry for the long post :)

• Personally, I would prefer some type of Liquid Mic'ing or Liquid Cab where we can move the mic around virtually and apply different mics. I would not be surprised if Kemper is looking into this. I have enough effects on Kemper, Plugins, and Pedals to get what I need ATM.

I had this with Roland technology around 1999. (Moving /changing mics) It got to be where I could just EQ and get similar results.

If you used an SM57 with an API pre or a U87 with an inexpensive board pre, the 57 will win normally so mics only do so much, the pre is more important IMO. Many profile packs utilize different mics moving around, I'd just pick one that sounds good and go.