Next OS update

• The Profiler Model referred to in this thread is ...
    ☑️ Profiler Head/Rack

Hi Kemper Team,

When will the next OS update (with the new effects announced on NAMM) be released?

This quarter (April, May, June)?

Thank you for your work! ☺️

• Go to Best Answer
  • Don't know, IMO, it's already done but i assume they are working on fee Player's upgrade too (cause many waits for this too ;) :evil: ), and probably launch those two upgrades/updates at the same time....

I think they still have questions about business model, what to purpose at which price point, etc...

I don't know if Player's production is not their priority too for the moment, it's still hard to buy one...

• CK said in an interview at NAMM in January that the firmware would drop in “a couple of weeks (not months).”

I expect it to be released in February or March of 2024.

Kemper Head & Stage User

• CK said in an interview at NAMM in January that the firmware would drop in “a couple of weeks (not months).”

Correction: HW from Tone Junkie said that when pressing CK for a timeline. CK did not volunteer that.

The plan is to unify the KAOS.bin file. One file to update any Profiler model. I would assume once they've got the Player's individual quirks worked out, they'll do that and follow up with the new effects.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• Correction: HW from Tone Junkie said that when pressing CK for a timeline. CK did not volunteer that.

The plan is to unify the KAOS.bin file. One file to update any Profiler model. I would assume once they've got the Player's individual quirks worked out, they'll do that and follow up with the new effects.

In the video, CK’s exact words when asked by HW, “When can we have this [update]?” were “a couple of weeks.” You’re right that HW followed up with the statement “weeks (not months)” but that was only because CK first said that it would come out in “a couple of weeks.”

A “couple” means 2. It’s been like 12 weeks. So no need to put this on HW and “pressing CK.”

Kemper Head & Stage User

• In the video, CK’s exact words when asked by HW, “When can we have this [update]?” were “a couple of weeks.” You’re right that HW followed up with the statement “weeks (not months)” but that was only because CK first said that it would come out in “a couple of weeks.”

A “couple” means 2. It’s been like 12 weeks. So no need to put this on HW and “pressing CK.”

I'll leave it on HW.

As for a 'couple weeks' - he was wrong. Clearly.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• New
    • Best Answer
    • Official Post

Things change. It's that simple. When you develop and you're not done with a version, you can only assume that you're done at a certain point in time. No ETA from me I'm afraid.

Get in touch with Profiler online support team here

• Simon S

Selected a post as the best answer.
  • What update are you guys talking about?

I must be out of touch.

Does anyone know if there are upgrades for the human brain. My memory banks need upgrading.

Maybe we are finally getting that luscious chorus I been dying for. Besides that I can't think of anything I want this thing is already quite amazing.

Ok time to go and google Kemper updates. Keeping my fingers crossed for a chorus. You guys have an awesome day.

• What update are you guys talking about?

I must be out of touch.

Does anyone know if there are upgrades for the human brain. My memory banks need upgrading.

Maybe we are finally getting that luscious chorus I been dying for. Besides that I can't think of anything I want this thing is already quite amazing.

Ok time to go and google Kemper updates. Keeping my fingers crossed for a chorus. You guys have an awesome day.

It was for tremolo and slicer effects that I remember. Check out Tone Junkie videos from January for a demo. It sounded really good.

Karl

Kemper Rack OS 9.0.5 - Mac OS X 12.6.7