M Britt Kemper Profiles

• Well, better late to the party then never arriving at all...

I've had my Kemper since January 2014 - no amps to profile - so always been searching for something that works well with my workhorse guitar - LTD EC1000 - essentially a thinner Lester...
    I tried some Alnico II pu's with LOTS of profiles....nothing made me want to play - I spent too much time searching...
    I went back to my \m/ roots and snuck some Seymour Black Winters in her - the icepick highs made my tinnitus worse...
    I did a lot of tone searching...
    And got some Bulldog PAF's installed - love 'em! So responsive to tone and volume changes. Lots of mojo - IF I could find the right profiles.

Somehow, when FW3.0 dropped - I never got round to testing the MB profiles. I've always tried to keep my profiler content lean and mean. I've been working with external pedals to try and get more of 'my' pedals tone across.

Today, I remember the MB profiles - so I hit the site up and listened to a whole bunch. Very impressed - so I tried the free profiles.
    I.Just.Spent.3.Hours.Playing.The.EVH5153.Profile.

The tonal and volume changes.......the way the volume stays the SAME across the pot taper....the DYNAMICS.....the 'in the room with you' mic/cab capture. I'm blown away, seriously. I just ummed-and-ahhhed and went for Pack 02. I've removed all my previous rigs and just stocked my Kemper up with the content, going to re-string my LTD tomorrow, get a big pot of coffee brewing and go to town.

Can't wait! A huge thanks to the sheer magic in these profiles - there is something, an 'X' ingredient that just makes you want to play. Very little eq tweaking, and refreshing to find rigs without the definition stuck on 10!!

Genius, I will be digesting, enjoying, rocking out - and buying some more.

Not all profiles are created equal.

-Tonerider

• hello just bought the pack 2 sounds awesome with strat but with les Paul for me too dark muddy
    but i tweak them a Little bit and now they work with les Paul (slash signature seymour duncan pickups)

my tweaks for the 70 marshall sl3 /4
    Definition: 8.7
    EQ:
    middle + 1.9
    Presence 2.4

that´s it maybe it could be usefull for someone or someone wants to try this Settings and comment please

Cry Baby Slash Classic Wah -> KPA -> main to FOH ->KRK6 -> Monitor out DXR10 -> EXP DVP3 -> Remote: Guitars: Slash Gibson Les Paul Custom Shop - James Tyler Variax JTV59 - Epiphone Les Paul with EMG 81 - Furch GN2 Nylon -> Maybach Lester 60 -> Kemper Powered Cab -/ Focusrite Scarlett

• I did it.
    Just swapped my G12H30 for an CL-80.
    Just awesome. Thank you Mr. Britt.

Yeah, I don't know why it took me so long to find the 80. I used V30's for years and then when I got my Mesa Lonestar I really liked the 90-watt celestion so I tried the CL80 in my 3P cab and just loved it. I like a lot of speakers but that one really works for me with most amps.

I've been working a ton on the road the past couple of months. I was home a total of 4 days in the last 5 weeks so I've just been working and using the profiles as opposed to making them. I have a couple of cool amps on deck for profiling this next week, so I'll try to have something new in the next month or two. I've been trying out the pure cab feature during the last 2 shows. I go back and forth as to whether I "need" it on. It's definitely not a need thing. It's so subtle with my profiles that I can go either way. At times I miss the little bit of extra top in the 5k region and other times my ears thank me for it being a little smoother. I'll continue to try it out. It's a nice option to have.

• Pure Cab™ reduces phase-cancellation issues.

Michael is allergic to such things, as am I, so one would expect there'd be less "work" for the algorithm to do.

IOW, the degree of change in sound experienced through use of Pure Cab™ can be seen as a direct measure of the integrity of the original profiling effort for any given rig.

IMHO.

• I did it.
    Just swapped my G12H30 for an CL-80.
    Just awesome. Thank you Mr. Britt.

I did it too, Being a huge fan of Michael's profiles, I changed one of the V30's of my Engl 212 cab for a CL-80. It is indeed an awesome speaker. Cuts through the mix like a knife through butter

• I use two Egnater 1x12 Cabs with a special Egnater Celestion Elite 80 speaker.
    Bruce Egnater told me that the Egnater Elite 80 is a Celestion Classic Lead 80 that is private labeled for Egnater.
    About this Cab Michael Britt´s profiles sounds simply great!
    I use the Kemper with a Rocktron Velocity 300 (bridged mode).

--------------------------------------------------------------
    Skating away on the thin ice of a new day
    Last Exit Rockband

• I bought the Vintage Pack last night. Michael, you did the best job ever on these profiles.Thanks

Thank you! Glad they're working for you! I plan on doing some profiling tomorrow (first time in a couple of months). I'll be profiling my Guytron GT100 (finally got it back from repair shop) and a '68 Plexi. Should be fun (and loud).

• Thank you! Glad they're working for you! I plan on doing some profiling tomorrow (first time in a couple of months). I'll be profiling my Guytron GT100 (finally got it back from repair shop) and a '68 Plexi. Should be fun (and loud).

Wow, Michael...I am seriously looking forward to the GT100. I have always wanted to play through one, but I am fairly certain I was never even close as being in the same zip code as one of those amps. :D

By the way, is the '68 Plexi a 100W (model 1959 Super Lead Plexi) or a 50W (model 1987 Lead Plexi)? Not that I would be able to hear the difference, mind you. :P

Cheers,
    John

• I plan on doing some profiling tomorrow (first time in a couple of months). I'll be profiling my Guytron GT100 (finally got it back from repair shop) and a '68 Plexi. Should be fun (and loud).

Hi Michael,

The Guytron is a fabled amp and it will be very interesting to see what you do with it.
    What kind of sounds have you been using it for?

Cheers,

Mats N

• Have had my Kemper about 1 month and wasn't overly impressed with the factory rigs
    Decided to buy Micheal's packs 1, 2 and 3
    They have totally transformed the Kemper into an outstanding piece of kit.
    If your reading this thread thinking about getting some commercially available profiles I can thoroughly recommend anything that Mr Britt provides
    Thanks Micheal for the excellent work
    Cheers

• Here is a clip I did this morning with the profile:

/13 JRT915 84 3

Trying the Kemper as a pedal platform. The dirt is from the Earthquaker Devices Zap Machine V2. Guitar is a PRS SC245 with 57/08 humbuckers. All delay and verb is from the profile.

[media[

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    [/media]