What are generally regarded the best commercial profiles

• TAF and Bert for recording, MBritt and Bert for live, Sinmix for metal/high gain, Top Jimi and Guido for pure playing pleasure (just means I'm looking for a project to use them on :D )

• Just wanted to make my very first post here as a proud new Kemper owner to say thanks to everyone in here for a very informative thread! Can't wait to buy rigs from ALL these folks! :)

• Guidos boogies and the 5150 and sinmix. I own the producer pach 1 from sinmix for heavy stuff, there are a lot of gems in it.
    You can search for sinmix free profiles on rm. Try it. If you like heavy stuff you wont be dissapointed.

Cheers
    Frank

• Take a look at my post with a screen shot of my rig manager, its worth more than my FRFR Gemini 2, Kemper remote and Kemper.
    From, Bert to TAF, to Guido to Sin to VBerns, to Origin to Waraba to Tonehawk to deadlight to reamp to south side to ORIGIN to Top Jimi
    To Phil. Try saying that in one breath, stymphalian to Choptones....3Sigma AND A FEW MORE.

I am still finding Gems in Choptones (got the whole pack), i am still finding Gems in Sin's and Reamp, ORIGIN's ubersheel.
    AND ALL OF THOSE VENDORS I MENTIONED. Reggae, funk, metal, rock , blues, and much more. Multiple guitars, Strat, LP, 9 string, white falcon, new loomis 7 string with insane black outs that kill you . I cant post sound clouds yet of highlights, but what i want too do that, and what i want to pick out the styles and guitars that match the profile, ie, single coils for this style etc, or humbuckers for this etc.

So see how hard this question is to answer based on what info i have LOL
    Perhaps if you stated what guitar you have, i know you want rock or metal right?
    i could give you some highlights, but need to know what guitar you have

Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.

• It has to be stated about the guitar because for example if you get stymphalian's pack, he did that on active pick ups(humbuckers)
    They sound GREAT (for example) that way, not saying they would sound bad on passive, not at all. But they will sound DIFFERENT.
    so if i said stymphalian is kick ass, i would be coming from active humbuckers, it just helps people like me, just saying.

Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.

• I was wondering, with so many new profile vendors emerging (at least that is what it seemed to me, maybe I am just finding discovering them now ^^ ), have the opinions changed or are the old and proven ones still the best? :)

• I was wondering, with so many new profile vendors emerging (at least that is what it seemed to me, maybe I am just finding discovering them now ^^ ), have the opinions changed or are the old and proven ones still the best? :)

It's a mixed bag, Karajan; something for everyone.

I think the growth spurt in vendors must surely be due to the Kemper's growing popularity.

• I once started a thread called "commercial profiles overload" :)

When I just got my kemper 1 year ago I was overwhelmed with all commercial sellers ... because all mentioned Mbritt I bought several of his packs ...

It's some sort of addiction can cost you an arm and a leg if you keep on looking ...

I ended up buying packs from big hairy profiles because I just love old school 80's ADA MP1 and JMP1 sounds

For the moment I only use Topjimi profiles , the merged ones from his SS friedman , medium tweed , blackface and bogner uberschall ... done !

Yesterday I decided to clean up the profiles and deleted all except some LL , Topjimi and some free rig exchange rigs (gsp1101 acoustic , and pault synth)

imho once you are satisfied , stop looking

The temptation stays but ask yourself do I need it ;)

Raf

Kemper stage with 2 mission pedals (in a Thon line 6 FBV case) and a Zilla 212 (K-100/V30) , SD powerstage 700 poweramp

Edited once, last by Roeffel ().

• have the opinions changed or are the old and proven ones still the best?

First off, choice is good (for the end users). Personally I'm pretty much saturated with profiles for now, bought a lot years ago.
    The fact that it has become a bit silent about the "old farts" in profiling isn't necessarily due to a change in opinions. It might also be caused by the fact that some of them (see Andy/TAF or Armin/Soundside) have already profiled a massive amount of amps so it's hard for them to come up with something they don't already have. ;) Not so much noise to be made here in the forums, not so much attention caused. Their profiles and the quality of the same hasn't changed.
    Nowadays the "market" seems to be pretty fragmented, maybe difficult for newbies to wade through the masses. The good thing ... once you've found the profiles creator that matches your taste, they typically stay true to their "style and taste". So you just need to find the 2 or 3 sellers that make you feel comfy with what they do. After this you will (at some point) happily ignore all the dozens of other offers. :)

• Imho there are simply no "THE BEST" profiles on the market. It all depends if a profile maker can "hit" that same taste that everyone likes. There are several groups of players.
    Of course having better equipment means better quality but overall it's all about taste.

Just don't get why are people complaining for "overload" of profiles? :)

I mean if you foumd what you like, cool keep on playing and let others choose for themselves.

If you have your favorite seller it does not mean that he is THE BEST!

Also, last few months, I noticed something and I'm 100% sure now that A LOT of sales depends on a good old marketimg way...from mouth to mouth. Than niiice looking site, than nice commercial video etc etc..

So to answer your question

"What are generally regarded the best commercial profiles"

There are none!

• First of all, I think it is important to distinguish the questions "what do you think are the best profiles" and "what profiles are generally regarded as the best". While there were many different opinions in this thread back then (and I am of the impression that some people answered the first rather than the second question), profiles by TAF, M. Britt, maybe SinMix for Metal, seem to be widely acclaimed.
    I was wondering if this changed (meaning some new generally highly regarded profile maker joining those guys) with the rise of so many new faces -- that was my main intention of my question. :)

But regarding finding my personal favorites, I am slightly jealous that for many of you the search seems to be over once you have found the right profile maker (which, with so many to choose from, shouldn't be too hard), and are free to enjoy all their tonal goodness.
    Right now, my favorite profiles are from the following makers, with the number indicating the number of profiles: TMS Profiles (2), Katzbach (1), TAF (2), M. Britt (4), bigb6611 (2), Thomas Dill (1), JSaultz (2), Peter Fischer (1), Guido Bungenstock (1), Double Impact (1), SinMix (1). And while I have to admit that most of these profiles are free and only some are bought (if I had unlimited money, you know... ;) ), M. Britt, TAF, SinMix and TMS have a huge collection of freely available profiles -- and many of those don't appeal to me quite as much.
    I assume that some of this problem simply stems from inexperience and unknowingness. Just like with bedroom-tone vs band/in-the-mix-tone confusions -- how can I pick my favorite profiles if I am not quite sure how the tone I like best actually sounds like? ?(:D

• It is all so subjective. Everyone likes different types of tones. Different players...different styles...different guitars...different pickups...etc. ReampZone, Big Hairy Profiles, MBritt, STL, MattFig, Tonehammer, CiliLab, TopJimi, Choptones, SinMix, Guido, Soundside, Armin, Tone Junkies, RockProfiles, TMS, on and on. Some have very niche products and others cover a wide range of tones and styles. I find something with all of them but I tend to gravitate to certain vendors that fit my needs from home and live needs. I won't mention them here because I believe they all have value. Lots of great free packs and Rig Packs (from Kemper) to try and find what fits you best.

• The factor of amount of profiles I have and the amount of profiles I use for live performaces is approx 1000:1 ^^
    The one collects stampmarks the other collects beer coasters. I think I collect profiles.

It's cheaper than my other hobby - collecting guitars ;)

In fact I learned a lot by checking and compare profiles.
    But I confess - I do not need this amount of Rigs.